can someone explali how these scans are different and which ones i need for a bimax

D

Deleted member 18582

Poet laureate of the deep state
cephalogram
x-ray
cone beam scan
ct scan

which ones do i fucking need. to bring to my bimax consult. be specific with the names

Cephalogram is a 2D scan, a saggital plane cephalogram could be useful for bimax consult if it’s all you can get but 3D options are superior.

CBCT (cone beam CT scan) and CT are 3D scans that give you a 3D model as output. The main difference is the radiation dose (we don’t care), the size of the area you can scan (CBCT is not big enough for full skull but can just about manage both jaws and the lower part of the eye area) and who has them (CBCT: A lot of dentists… CT: hospitals) and cost, CBCT is cheaper.

X-ray could mean any of these and you need to ask for clarification if someone just offers you an X-ray.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: eyebagcel, Graham and Deleted member 18582
Cephalogram is a 2D scan, a saggital plane cephalogram could be useful for bimax consult if it’s all you can get but 3D options are superior.

CBCT and CT are 3D scans that give you a 3D model as output. The main difference is the radiation dose (we don’t care), the size of the area you can scan (CBCT is not big enough for full skull but can just about manage both jaws and the lower part of the eye area) and who has them (CBCT: A lot of dentists… CT: hospitals) and cost, CBCT is cheaper.
If I get a CBCT how much of the skull do I need?

i called one dentist and they said the machine they have for these doesn't capture enough of the face for the purposes of orthognathic surgery consultation

i called one dentist and they said the machine they have for these doesn't capture enough of the face for the purposes of orthognathic surgery consultation

Some CBCT machines will manage, I’ve seen some with 15x15cm which will most likely be enough.

I can’t answer your question exactly but I’d imagine for a bimax you’d not need anything above eye level.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18582
Some CBCT machines will manage, I’ve seen some with 15x15cm which will most likely be enough.

I can’t answer your question exactly but I’d imagine for a bimax you’d not need anything above eye level.
Thanks bro just booked one for tomorrow

like this:

Thumbnail Lateral Ceph X Ray

not this:

so when i sent these pics to the doctor she said the first one is a ct scan and the 2nd one is a cbct scan
They are both CBCT.

I got the second one from a dentist. I told them I needed jaw surgery, then they gave me that, which was not suitable for jaw surgery and a waste of $300. They wouldn't give me a refund either. The first one was from an orthodontist, but those faggots won't send me the full scan, so I have to get a third scan.

Are you in/near Paris?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18582
They are both CBCT.

I got the second one from a dentist. I told them I needed jaw surgery, then they gave me that, which was not suitable for jaw surgery and a waste of $300. They wouldn't give me a refund either. The first one was from an orthodontist, but those faggots won't send me the full scan, so I have to get a third scan.

Are you in/near Paris?
I will try others, luckily I checked before i went and i could cancel my appointment

and No