can someone please explain eye colour genetics

Deleted member 10615

Deleted member 10615

Brachy pride worldwide
my neice for example, both her parents have dark green/hazel eyes but she has very blue eyes

my grandpa, he has blue eyes but his brother has even bluer eyes

my mum has blue eyes and i don't know what my dad has but i came out with darkish grey

then you have countless pakis and curries with vibrant green eyes, one of my good friends is half papa nuginian and his dad is aussie so half white half papa nugieanian but he has blue eyes

wtf is going on

if i ever decide to have kids i want them to have blue or green eyes how can i ensure this?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9670, Lmao and JosephGarrot123
my school taught me this but i was too busy comparing my orbitals to other kids that i forgot

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15099, Basedtheticz, Lmao and 5 others
I try to look it up on google and still didnt understand shit cause Im a retard
I still dont know if one blue eyed parent and one brown eyed parent (without ancestors with blue eyes) can give birth to a blue eyed child

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10615 and JosephGarrot123
my school taught me this but i was too busy comparing my orbitals to other kids that i forgot
my guy was a psl autist even in primary school

jokes bro your a funny cunt

• +1
Reactions: JosephGarrot123
I try to look it up on google and still didnt understand shit cause Im a retard
I still dont know if one blue eyed parent and one brown eyed parent (without ancestors with blue eyes) can give birth to a blue eyed child
yeah i still don't understand

google also never explains why some eyes are more blue then others or a different shade of blue

my guy was a psl autist even in primary school

jokes bro your a funny cunt
Yeah this is what I went through daily even way before me even knowing PSL knowledge, at Age 8 I was already comparing my orbitals to other elementary schoolers subconsciously. I was super self aware about this stuff. Ignorance is bliss, this is not even an advantage, maybe if I knew this website at a younger age. Too bad I found this knowledge when I was older. The constant comparing is stressful unfortunately.

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10615 and sorrowfulsad
didn't they just find like 36 new genes that also contribute to eye color like 2 years ago
over for this conversation tbh

• Woah
Reactions: JosephGarrot123
Yeah this is what I went through daily even way before me even knowing PSL knowledge, at Age 8 I was already comparing my orbitals to other elementary schoolers subconsciously. I was super self aware about this stuff. Ignorance is bliss, this is not even an advantage, maybe if I knew this website at a younger age. Too bad I found this knowledge when I was older. The constant comparing is stressful unfortunately.
man I got self cautious aswell in that age cause girls Literally pointed out how different my eye area looks compared to the other students :feelswhy::feelswhy:

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10615 and JosephGarrot123
3 words OP, listen carefully

Gene recombination pill

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 10615 and Deleted member 14323
mums got brown dads got blue, me and my older brother have blue the other 4 siblings have brown

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10615
There are probably more than a couple of genes, which affect eyecolor, but an easy way to understand how your parents can have a different eyecolor is by looking at basic biology, which you should learn pretty early on in biology class.
Dominant and Recessive genes.

I will simplify it a bit to make it easier to understand, let's say, both your parents have green eyes. Green is dominant over blue.
But your parents can still have blue-eye genes, they just don't show.
So let's assume both parents have Gb (Green-blue) eyes.

You pass 50% of your genes on to your children. And each parent can either pass on the Green-eye gene or the blue-eye gene in this scenario.
So there are these possibilities:
G = Green
b = blue

GG
Gb
bG
bb

As you can see, there is a 75% chance, that the child will have green eyes (since Green is dominant), but also a 25% that the child will have blue eyes, if both parents pass on that recessive gene.

I’ll save you the effort

yes your mom cheated on your dad