Can the Jaw implant be within the masseter rather than besides it ?

L

Looksmaxerfr13

Silver
The masseters muscles is litteraly attachement on the gonions aka jaw angle.
the implant is placed on the bone by slightly pull up and forward the masseters muscle, wich is why 99% of people getting jaw implant tend to have deshisence.

Why surgerons don't want to open the masseters muscles to place the implant within it ?
ok there is more risks but its the only way to have a natural results

so why ? @RealSurgerymax or anyone that knows

the implant is placed on the bone by slightly pull up and forward the masseters muscle, wich is why 99% of people getting jaw implant tend to have deshisence.

Why surgerons don't want to open the masseters muscles to place the implant within it ?

99% will not get dehiscence. But the rate is still high. About 10-20%.

You cant put implants inside the muscle because
- it will atrophy the muscle
- too close to the facial nerve trunk which branches into all five facial nerves which are motor nerves. Risking sensory nerves & causing numbness is one thing but risking facial paralysis is unacceptable
- They would be floating around and moveable.

The best thing to do is botox a dehisced masseter and then fat graft over it, or use merselene mesh or a soft silicone as a soft implant over it if there is no fat to harvest (too lean for liposuction) or you have genetically bad fat survival.

Masseter reattachment surgery is possible but there are no grantees for its success & requires an extra oral incision. We are currently doing a Masseter Reattachment to Jaw Angle Implants by Verteporfin Assisted Extraoral Approach study in Istanbul with Dr Celal Candirli & Myself. So far we have 2 patients. If you would like to join you can contact.
IMG 9999

IMG 0009

Last edited:
  • Love it
  • +1
Reactions: billymidnight, NZb6Air, Sean o' Tist and 2 others

Eat raw meat and drink milk forget about these dangerous surgeries

• JFL
Reactions: billymidnight and NZb6Air
Masseter reattachment surgery is possible but there are no grantees for its success & requires an extra oral incision. We are currently doing a Masseter Reattachment to Jaw Angle Implants by Verteporfin Assisted Extraoral Approach study in Istanbul with Dr Celal Candirli & Myself. So far we have 2 patients. If you would like to join you can contact.
View attachment 3115272
View attachment 3115273

This technique looks wildly promising. Is the study focusing on revisions of implant patients who already have dehiscence, or can it be implemented from the first implant placement?

Also, are you looking into 3D-printed bone or will this be a PEEK exclusive?

This technique looks wildly promising. Is the study focusing on revisions of implant patients who already have dehiscence, or can it be implemented from the first implant placement?
The study is for revision patients who already got dehiscence.

We have already been doing it preemptively through the intraoral approach for almost 2 years. It seems to help but it didn't make the complication totally obsolete.
Also, are you looking into 3D-printed bone or will this be a PEEK exclusive?
PEEK in Rome
Titanium in Istanbul

3D printed bone doesn't exist. Implants made out of bone are basically just osteotomies, which still have foreign materials (screws and plates).

Manufactured extracellular scaffolds exist, which your own cells (partially) grow into. The subtotal cellular ingrowth means man made material persists ("fake" implant material) for example Hydroxapetite and similar is not 100% osteoconductive.

The problem with these is that they remodel and resorb. The obsession with implants made out of bone, although it offers no real advantage, is odd & probably has a connection with people who aren't psychologically candidates for surgery.

So no.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: NZb6Air
Cant you get the same results by injecting oil then?
no, injections give good resultat only if you already have decent jaw angle.
If you inject stuff on a guy with inward gonions, ils only gonna give bloated look

99% will not get dehiscence. But the rate is still high. About 10-20%.

You cant put implants inside the muscle because
- it will atrophy the muscle
- too close to the facial nerve trunk which branches into all five facial nerves which are motor nerves. Risking sensory nerves & causing numbness is one thing but risking facial paralysis is unacceptable
- They would be floating around and moveable.

The best thing to do is botox a dehisced masseter and then fat graft over it, or use merselene mesh or a soft silicone as a soft implant over it if there is no fat to harvest (too lean for liposuction) or you have genetically bad fat survival.

View attachment 3115272
View attachment 3115273
thanks for this great explanation, got 3 questions :

-wont botox cause erosion of titanium implant ? also it is know for masseters atrophy (woman with squared jaw to botox to atrophy masseters and get more a female "V Jawline"

- what about hyaluronic acid ?

-fat craft over the implant wont move at all ? plus wont it erase the sharpness of the implant ?

thanks

Last edited:

The study is for revision patients who already got dehiscence.

We have already been doing it preemptively through the intraoral approach for almost 2 years. It seems to help but it didn't make the complication totally obsolete.

PEEK in Rome
Titanium in Istanbul

3D printed bone doesn't exist. Implants made out of bone are basically just osteotomies, which still have foreign materials (screws and plates).

Manufactured extracellular scaffolds exist, which your own cells (partially) grow into. The subtotal cellular ingrowth means man made material persists ("fake" implant material) for example Hydroxapetite and similar is not 100% osteoconductive.

The problem with these is that they remodel and resorb. The obsession with implants made out of bone, although it offers no real advantage, is odd & probably has a connection with people who aren't psychologically candidates for surgery.

So no.
I appreciate your insights on the limitations and challenges of bone-like materials for implants, especially regarding their tendency to remodel and resorb. It's true that current options like titanium and PEEK are more reliable and have proven to be safe and durable over time. However, I think there's also value in exploring the possibilities and future advancements in bone implants, even if they aren't feasible yet.

Discussing these possibilities isn't necessarily an obsession; it's a natural curiosity about how medical science could evolve. While bone implants might not currently offer clear advantages over materials like titanium or PEEK, the interest in them often stems from a desire to see if future developments might unlock new benefits or applications. For some, it's about exploring all options and understanding the science behind each possibility, not necessarily rejecting current best practices.

I think it's important to consider that people who discuss these possibilities are often motivated by curiosity and a desire to learn rather than an unrealistic obsession. It would be great if we could keep the conversation open and inclusive for all who are interested, recognizing that their questions and thoughts are valid and part of a larger dialogue about the future of implant technology.

I appreciate your insights on the limitations and challenges of bone-like materials for implants, especially regarding their tendency to remodel and resorb. It's true that current options like titanium and PEEK are more reliable and have proven to be safe and durable over time. However, I think there's also value in exploring the possibilities and future advancements in bone implants, even if they aren't feasible yet.

Discussing these possibilities isn't necessarily an obsession; it's a natural curiosity about how medical science could evolve. While bone implants might not currently offer clear advantages over materials like titanium or PEEK, the interest in them often stems from a desire to see if future developments might unlock new benefits or applications. For some, it's about exploring all options and understanding the science behind each possibility, not necessarily rejecting current best practices.

I think it's important to consider that people who discuss these possibilities are often motivated by curiosity and a desire to learn rather than an unrealistic obsession. It would be great if we could keep the conversation open and inclusive for all who are interested, recognizing that their questions and thoughts are valid and part of a larger dialogue about the future of implant technology.
Chat GPT? 💀

Chat GPT? 💀
It's funny how often I hear that! Even before ChatGPT, people would sometimes compare me to Cleverbot. Though, I thought the comparison never made any sense... I just try to be thorough and articulate when discussing topics I'm passionate about. Especially when I am speaking to someone I respect. Nonetheless, I hope some of my words resonated with you.

And I'm not sure how often you get hear stuff like this, but I'm genuinely impressed by your groundbreaking work and the difference you're making in so many lives. I hope all is going well for you and that you continue to find fulfillment and happiness in your journey. Take care and keep up the amazing work! 👍

-wont botox cause erosion of titanium implant ? also it is know for masseters atrophy (woman with squared jaw to botox to atrophy masseters and get more a female "V Jawline"

-fat craft over the implant wont move at all ? plus wont it erase the sharpness of the implant ?

thanks
man answer this wich is in relation of what you said please @RealSurgerymax

thanks
@RealSurgerymax