Can you do a water fast while building muscle?

TsarTsar444

TsarTsar444

Asexual peaceful balkan monk
I want to do a 3 day water fast but im bulking currently, reason is gut issues and i binge ate a shitton of calories from those peace of shit benzos dropping my inhibitions.

I won't lose progress if i do this right? :feelswah:

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 13787

> Most scientists agree that, at a minimum, it's possible to maintain muscle mass while fasting. ... It's possible to lose a bit of muscle mass when you fast, as you also lose water weight and visceral fat. However, it's more likely you'll maintain muscle mass rather than lose or gain it.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827, WhiteGoodman, TsarTsar444 and 1 other person
I want to do a 3 day water fast but im bulking currently, reason is gut issues and i binge ate a shitton of calories from those peace of shit benzos dropping my inhibitions.

I won't lose progress if i do this right? :feelswah:

wtf this site is fucked up i swear

• JFL
Reactions: TsarTsar444
maybe if u have a decent amount of bf & zero gains whatsoever. otherwise no. U can maintain most of it. longer the fast goes more u loose. also though when u start eating again you'll make the muscle back easy.

• +1
Yes im doing it atm and I don't even eat anything but still go gym and lift 5/6 days a week. Only problem is you have hardly any energy for gym so your lifts won't be at the levels they should be.

I've also been still gaining weight or maintaining since muscle is more dense than fat.

• +1

> Most scientists agree that, at a minimum, it's possible to maintain muscle mass while fasting. ... It's possible to lose a bit of muscle mass when you fast, as you also lose water weight and visceral fat. However, it's more likely you'll maintain muscle mass rather than lose or gain it.
They are talking about intermittent fasting jfl thats something i do anyways cause my apetite i zero in the mornings

• Woah
Yes im doing it atm and I don't even eat anything but still go gym and lift 5/6 days a week. Only problem is you have hardly any energy for gym so your lifts won't be at the levels they should be.

I've also been still gaining weight or maintaining since muscle is more dense than fat.
You go and lift after like 2-3 days of not eating? :dafuckfeels:

• Woah
You go and lift after like 2-3 days of not eating? :dafuckfeels:
Yea and sometimes at most I will eat only small meal a day in the evenings after going gym in afternoon. Like pasta and tuna or some pieces of chicken or maybe a sandwich.

• Woah
Yea and sometimes at most I will eat only small meal a day in the evenings after going gym in afternoon. Like pasta and tuna or some pieces of chicken or maybe a sandwich.
Bruh how on earth do you have any energy to do compounds like that? Also for some reason that looks like it would be worse, you aren't getting in any protein so it sounds detrimental

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and ScreaM
Bruh how on earth do you have any energy to do compounds like that?
I look at my subhuman face in the mirror and it gives me all the motivation I need jfl. I just wanna get super lean first so idc about building my muscles too much yet, but Ive got 4 vials of test that i'm gonna start injecting soon.

• Love it
I look at my subhuman face in the mirror and it gives me all the motivation I need jfl. I just wanna get super lean first so idc about building my muscles too much yet, but Ive got 4 vials of test that i'm gonna start injecting soon.
Based, im doing a lean bulk like 250 caloric surplus but sometimes caffeine fucks up my sleep and i need to take benzos before bed to sleep, but the benzos make me turbo hungry for some reason and I just start binging shit like bread and butter, deli meat, mayo :feelswah:

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and ScreaM