Can you expand your palate at home? - High IQ Thread -

nandor

nandor

Bronze
The answer is yes, ONLY IF YOUR MIDPALATE SUTURE IS NOT FUSED

This whole thread will mainly talk about the midpalate suture and the different stages of fusion, leading to the answer of the question above.

If you want to learn more about Palate Expansion in general read this thread for a general idea on what we are talking about
From what i have investigated, i have some differences with the the thread i just mentioned, but still its good shit in general and covers a lot of stuff i wont touch in this thread.

-First of all, we should know how palate expansions are usually made, and the 3 main methods that the orthodontics use.
Rapid maxillary expansion (RME), which presents dental support and is indicated in growing patients, the ideal age being 6-7 years. Maxillary expansion with skeletal support (MARPE), indicated for those cases where the dental support is compromised or they are in adulthood with the suture partially closed. And finally the surgically assisted rapid expansion of the maxilla (SARPE).
Basically, the method used corresponds to the level of fusion your midpalate suture has.

The morphology and maturation of the midpalate suture have been investigated in numerous studies, and have shown that the variability in the maturation stages of the midpalate suture is not directly related to chronological age. Some authors have establish the age of ossification at 17 years, while others differentiate by sex, with the age limit for women being 16 years and 18 for men. And yet other scientists determine a broader age range between 15-19 years, finding people with open sutures up to 32 years of age.
The age of ossification is not well defined but we can have an idea.

Then some gigachad authors came and determined five stages of maturation (A, B, C, D, E) without giving a fuck about your age as a way of providing more reliable clinical data when making the decision between rapid maxillary expansion (RME) or surgically assisted rapid maxillary expansion (SARPE).

Screenshot 21

๐™„๐™ฃ ๐™Ž๐™ฉ๐™–๐™œ๐™š ๐˜ผ: ๐™๐™๐™š ๐™ข๐™ž๐™™๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ก๐™–๐™ฉ๐™š ๐™จ๐™ช๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™ง๐™š ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™–๐™ก๐™ข๐™ค๐™จ๐™ฉ ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™ง๐™–๐™ž๐™œ๐™๐™ฉ, ๐™๐™ž๐™œ๐™-๐™™๐™š๐™ฃ๐™จ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ฎ ๐™จ๐™ช๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™ง๐™š ๐™ก๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ ๐™ก๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ฉ๐™ก๐™š ๐™ค๐™ง ๐™ฃ๐™ค ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง๐™™๐™ž๐™œ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™–๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ.
๐™„๐™ฃ ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™–๐™œ๐™š ๐˜ฝ: ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ข๐™ž๐™™๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ก๐™–๐™ฉ๐™š ๐™จ๐™ช๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™ง๐™š ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ž๐™ง๐™ง๐™š๐™œ๐™ช๐™ก๐™–๐™ง๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™จ๐™๐™–๐™ฅ๐™š๐™™ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™–๐™ฅ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™–๐™ง๐™จ ๐™–๐™จ ๐™– ๐™๐™ž๐™œ๐™-๐™™๐™š๐™ฃ๐™จ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ฎ ๐™จ๐™˜๐™–๐™ก๐™ก๐™ค๐™ฅ๐™š๐™™ ๐™ก๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š. ๐™๐™๐™š๐™ฎ ๐™ข๐™–๐™ฎ ๐™–๐™ก๐™จ๐™ค ๐™๐™–๐™ซ๐™š ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ข๐™š ๐™จ๐™ข๐™–๐™ก๐™ก ๐™–๐™ง๐™š๐™–๐™จ ๐™ฌ๐™๐™š๐™ง๐™š ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™จ๐™š๐™š ๐™ฉ๐™ฌ๐™ค ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ง๐™–๐™ก๐™ก๐™š๐™ก, ๐™จ๐™˜๐™–๐™ก๐™ก๐™ค๐™ฅ๐™š๐™™, ๐™๐™ž๐™œ๐™-๐™™๐™š๐™ฃ๐™จ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ฎ ๐™ก๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š๐™จ ๐™˜๐™ก๐™ค๐™จ๐™š ๐™ฉ๐™ค๐™œ๐™š๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ง ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™จ๐™š๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ง๐™–๐™ฉ๐™š๐™™ ๐™—๐™ฎ ๐™จ๐™ข๐™–๐™ก๐™ก, ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ฌ-๐™™๐™š๐™ฃ๐™จ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ฎ ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฅ๐™จ.
๐™„๐™ฃ ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™–๐™œ๐™š ๐˜พ: ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ข๐™ž๐™™๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ก๐™–๐™ฉ๐™š ๐™จ๐™ช๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™ง๐™š ๐™–๐™ฅ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™–๐™ง๐™จ ๐™–๐™จ 2 ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ง๐™–๐™ก๐™ก๐™š๐™ก, ๐™จ๐™˜๐™–๐™ก๐™ก๐™ค๐™ฅ๐™š๐™™, ๐™๐™ž๐™œ๐™-๐™™๐™š๐™ฃ๐™จ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ฎ ๐™ก๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š๐™จ ๐™˜๐™ก๐™ค๐™จ๐™š ๐™ฉ๐™ค๐™œ๐™š๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ง, ๐™จ๐™š๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ง๐™–๐™ฉ๐™š๐™™ ๐™—๐™ฎ ๐™จ๐™ข๐™–๐™ก๐™ก, ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ฌ-๐™™๐™š๐™ฃ๐™จ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ฎ ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฅ๐™จ ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ข๐™–๐™ญ๐™ž๐™ก๐™ก๐™–๐™ง๐™ฎ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ก๐™–๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™—๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š๐™จ (๐™—๐™š๐™ฉ๐™ฌ๐™š๐™š๐™ฃ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™˜๐™ž๐™จ๐™ž๐™ซ๐™š ๐™›๐™ค๐™ง๐™–๐™ข๐™š๐™ฃ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ก๐™–๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š-๐™ข๐™–๐™ญ๐™ž๐™ก๐™ก๐™–๐™ง๐™ฎ ๐™จ๐™ช๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™ง๐™š). ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ฅ๐™ค๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง๐™ž๐™ค๐™ง ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ก๐™–๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š-๐™ข๐™–๐™ญ๐™ž๐™ก๐™ก๐™–๐™ง๐™ฎ ๐™จ๐™ช๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™ง๐™š). ๐™๐™๐™š ๐™จ๐™ช๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™ง๐™š ๐™ข๐™–๐™ฎ ๐™๐™–๐™ซ๐™š ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™ง๐™–๐™ž๐™œ๐™๐™ฉ ๐™ค๐™ง ๐™ž๐™ง๐™ง๐™š๐™œ๐™ช๐™ก๐™–๐™ง ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ฉ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง๐™ฃ.
๐™„๐™ฃ ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™–๐™œ๐™š ๐˜ฟ: ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™›๐™ช๐™จ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ ๐™ค๐™› ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ข๐™ž๐™™๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ก๐™–๐™ฉ๐™š ๐™จ๐™ช๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™ง๐™š ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ก๐™–๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™—๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ค๐™—๐™จ๐™š๐™ง๐™ซ๐™š๐™™, ๐™จ๐™ค ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ข๐™ž๐™™๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ก๐™–๐™ฉ๐™š ๐™จ๐™ช๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™ง๐™š ๐™˜๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ฉ ๐™—๐™š ๐™ซ๐™ž๐™จ๐™ช๐™–๐™ก๐™ž๐™ฏ๐™š๐™™ ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ก๐™–๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™—๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š, ๐™จ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™˜๐™š ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™›๐™ช๐™จ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ ๐™ช๐™จ๐™ช๐™–๐™ก๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™ค๐™˜๐™˜๐™ช๐™ง๐™จ ๐™›๐™ง๐™ค๐™ข ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ฅ๐™ค๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง๐™ž๐™ค๐™ง ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง๐™ž๐™ค๐™ง ๐™ฅ๐™ค๐™ง๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ . ๐™‹๐™–๐™ง๐™–๐™จ๐™ช๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™ง๐™–๐™ก ๐™—๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™™๐™š๐™ฃ๐™จ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ฎ ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™˜๐™ง๐™š๐™–๐™จ๐™š๐™™ (๐™๐™ž๐™œ๐™ ๐™—๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™™๐™š๐™ฃ๐™จ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ฎ) ๐™˜๐™ค๐™ข๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ง๐™š๐™™ ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™ข๐™–๐™ญ๐™ž๐™ก๐™ก๐™–๐™ง๐™ฎ ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ง๐™–๐™จ๐™ช๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™ง๐™–๐™ก ๐™—๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™™๐™š๐™ฃ๐™จ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ฎ. ๐™„๐™ฃ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ข๐™–๐™ญ๐™ž๐™ก๐™ก๐™–๐™ง๐™ฎ ๐™ฅ๐™ค๐™ง๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ ๐™ค๐™› ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™จ๐™ช๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™ง๐™š, ๐™›๐™ช๐™จ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ ๐™๐™–๐™จ ๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ฉ ๐™ฎ๐™š๐™ฉ ๐™ค๐™˜๐™˜๐™ช๐™ง๐™ง๐™š๐™™, ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™จ๐™ช๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™ง๐™š ๐™˜๐™–๐™ฃ ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ก๐™ก ๐™—๐™š ๐™จ๐™š๐™š๐™ฃ ๐™–๐™จ ๐™ฉ๐™ฌ๐™ค ๐™๐™ž๐™œ๐™-๐™™๐™š๐™ฃ๐™จ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ฎ ๐™ก๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š๐™จ ๐™จ๐™š๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ง๐™–๐™ฉ๐™š๐™™ ๐™—๐™ฎ ๐™จ๐™ข๐™–๐™ก๐™ก, ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ฌ-๐™™๐™š๐™ฃ๐™จ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ฎ ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฅ๐™จ.
๐™„๐™ฃ ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™–๐™œ๐™š ๐™€: ๐™›๐™ช๐™จ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ ๐™ค๐™› ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™จ๐™ช๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™ง๐™š ๐™ค๐™› ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ข๐™ž๐™™๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ก๐™–๐™ฉ๐™š ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ข๐™–๐™ญ๐™ž๐™ก๐™ก๐™– ๐™ค๐™˜๐™˜๐™ช๐™ง๐™จ. ๐™๐™๐™š ๐™–๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™–๐™ก ๐™จ๐™ช๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™ง๐™š ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ฉ ๐™ซ๐™ž๐™จ๐™ž๐™—๐™ก๐™š ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™ก๐™š๐™–๐™จ๐™ฉ ๐™– ๐™ฅ๐™ค๐™ง๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ ๐™ค๐™› ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ข๐™–๐™ญ๐™ž๐™ก๐™ก๐™–. ๐˜ฝ๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™™๐™š๐™ฃ๐™จ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ฎ ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™จ๐™–๐™ข๐™š ๐™–๐™จ ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™ค๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ง ๐™ง๐™š๐™œ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™จ ๐™ค๐™› ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ก๐™–๐™ฉ๐™š.

Said classification, as i mentioned before, is useful when choosing between orthopedic and surgical expansion. In groups A, B and C, skeletal expansion could be managed using RME devices, but in the more mature groups, D and E, MARPE and SARPE would be an alternative.

Taking all of this information into account, you should take a pic of the inside of your palate and check in what stage you are, if you are in stage A, B or C, YOU CAN EXPAND YOUR PALATE AT HOME via thumbpulling (search threads that teach you how to do it, its pretty basic stuff) and mewing (probably takes longer), BUT if you are in stage D or E then ITS OVER, you should visit an orthodontist and aim to get SARPE if you want any palate expansion and all the gainz of it.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: ungewist, Deleted member 15854, jfbjfb and 7 others
Just to clarify i got all of this information off different scientific studies in spanish and translated them manually to english (except for the explanation of the stages that i just copy and pasted to google translator to keep the specific language used)

• +1
Reactions: pneumocystosis and Magnum Opus
@Pakicel @Octillionaire @pneumocystosis @TheMewingBBC @AverageTevvezFan @thecel @gymislife @Alexanderr @Zeusus @Mr.cope

• +1
Reactions: pneumocystosis
God this thread is amazing.
New information is always greatly appreciated.
Lifefuel for me too because it seems Iโ€™m stage C somehow.

Top-tier, high effort!
Great stuff!

Greycels carrying the forum again jfl

• +1
Reactions: Tr0ubLe and nandor
God this thread is amazing.
New information is always greatly appreciated.
Lifefuel for me too because it seems Iโ€™m stage C somehow.

Top-tier, high effort!
Great stuff!

Greycels carrying the forum again jfl
thanks bro appreciate it, honestly i just lurk from time to time and i dont post enough to stop being a greycel lol but i found this good info and though shit i would make one of those threads that get thousands of views, jfl this is getting hella ignored

Good post. Why am I on your tag list though?

Dnrd but Argentina 2022 champs.

• +1
Reactions: nandor
expanding without SARPE is not ideal even if you can, because the risk of asymmetry is high and the nasal base will also expand

YOU CAN EXPAND YOUR PALATE AT HOME via thumbpulling
bad advice, thumb pulling will only move your teeth - hard mewing can also just move/tilt the teeth

expanding without SARPE is not ideal even if you can, because the risk of asymmetry is high and the nasal base will also expand
if you are not going for a lot of mm its not going to be bad

if you are not going for a lot of mm its not going to be bad
you won't even split the palate with your finger JFL

why? explain yourself
what is there to explain? the alveolar bone teeth are anchored in moves far more easily than actual skeletal bone of the maxilla

and kind of technique that is not anchored to bone like an actual expander will mostly move teeth

what is there to explain? the alveolar bone teeth are anchored in moves far more easily than actual skeletal bone of the maxilla

and kind of technique that is not anchored to bone like an actual expander will mostly move teeth
not true, just look up how a lot of palate expanders work and a lot of them dont involve being anchored to the bone (ALF, AGGA, vivos DNA, etc) you just made that up lol

No no no

sure buddy go ahead and thumb pull
I'm not stopping you

and I'm not going to argue, plenty info already for you to educate yourself, both on here and on the internet in general

View attachment 1985848

sure buddy go ahead and thumb pull
I'm not stopping you

and I'm not going to argue, plenty info already for you to educate yourself, both on here and on the internet in general
same goes for you bro, you are just a dennier, sure that any real palate expansion methods are better, but you can just search the ammount of force palate expandors use and see that is way less than the ammount of force your thumbs can do, thats just facts
the only thing that can stop you its in what stage your midplate suture is as you cant open the suture without surgery
you are probably a mewing denier too arent you?

then what can 21 year old do to fix narrow upper palete

• +1
Reactions: Giorgio
IDK if mine are open, I can see a visible dark line on the uvula but a solid white line from there to the bone at the midpoint of the front upper mouth (don't know what it's called). From there I can see another visible dark line that runs through that.

same goes for you bro, you are just a dennier, sure that any real palate expansion methods are better, but you can just search the ammount of force palate expandors use and see that is way less than the ammount of force your thumbs can do, thats just facts
the only thing that can stop you its in what stage your midplate suture is as you cant open the suture without surgery
you are probably a mewing denier too arent you?
how old are you?

then what can 21 year old do to fix narrow upper palete
SARPE/DOME/EASE, or MARPE
the standards approach orthodontists use

how old are you?

SARPE/DOME/EASE, or MARPE
the standards approach orthodontists use
can i have something done while under for double jaw surgery(i have a overbite)

• +1
can i have something done while under for double jaw surgery(i have a overbite)
no, palate expansion is always done first, that is the convention
I think palate expansion is off the table once you've gotten a DJS, but don't quote me on that maybe years after the surgery it can be done

palate expansion also takes about 6 (or more) months, and you need to wear braces afterwards
but I'm pretty sure the need from braces from the expansion and from DJS can be done at the same time

I also most likely will go for a DJS after I've gotten my palate expansion

Sumarize in 5 words pls

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 15854
love how this says high iq thread

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 15854
no, palate expansion is always done first, that is the convention
I think palate expansion is off the table once you've gotten a DJS, but don't quote me on that maybe years after the surgery it can be done

palate expansion also takes about 6 (or more) months, and you need to wear braces afterwards
but I'm pretty sure the need from braces from the expansion and from DJS can be done at the same time

I also most likely will go for a DJS after I've gotten my palate expansion
is your palete narrow?

• +1

This whole thread will mainly talk about the midpalate suture and the different stages of fusion, leading to the answer of the question above.

If you want to learn more about Palate Expansion in general read this thread for a general idea on what we are talking about
From what i have investigated, i have some differences with the the thread i just mentioned, but still its good shit in general and covers a lot of stuff i wont touch in this thread.

-First of all, we should know how palate expansions are usually made, and the 3 main methods that the orthodontics use.
Rapid maxillary expansion (RME), which presents dental support and is indicated in growing patients, the ideal age being 6-7 years. Maxillary expansion with skeletal support (MARPE), indicated for those cases where the dental support is compromised or they are in adulthood with the suture partially closed. And finally the surgically assisted rapid expansion of the maxilla (SARPE).
Basically, the method used corresponds to the level of fusion your midpalate suture has.

The morphology and maturation of the midpalate suture have been investigated in numerous studies, and have shown that the variability in the maturation stages of the midpalate suture is not directly related to chronological age. Some authors have establish the age of ossification at 17 years, while others differentiate by sex, with the age limit for women being 16 years and 18 for men. And yet other scientists determine a broader age range between 15-19 years, finding people with open sutures up to 32 years of age.

Then some gigachad authors came and determined five stages of maturation (A, B, C, D, E) without giving a fuck about your age as a way of providing more reliable clinical data when making the decision between rapid maxillary expansion (RME) or surgically assisted rapid maxillary expansion (SARPE).

View attachment 1985552

๐™„๐™ฃ ๐™Ž๐™ฉ๐™–๐™œ๐™š ๐˜ผ: ๐™๐™๐™š ๐™ข๐™ž๐™™๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ก๐™–๐™ฉ๐™š ๐™จ๐™ช๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™ง๐™š ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™–๐™ก๐™ข๐™ค๐™จ๐™ฉ ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™ง๐™–๐™ž๐™œ๐™๐™ฉ, ๐™๐™ž๐™œ๐™-๐™™๐™š๐™ฃ๐™จ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ฎ ๐™จ๐™ช๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™ง๐™š ๐™ก๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ ๐™ก๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ฉ๐™ก๐™š ๐™ค๐™ง ๐™ฃ๐™ค ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง๐™™๐™ž๐™œ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™–๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ.
๐™„๐™ฃ ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™–๐™œ๐™š ๐˜ฝ: ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ข๐™ž๐™™๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ก๐™–๐™ฉ๐™š ๐™จ๐™ช๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™ง๐™š ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ž๐™ง๐™ง๐™š๐™œ๐™ช๐™ก๐™–๐™ง๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™จ๐™๐™–๐™ฅ๐™š๐™™ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™–๐™ฅ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™–๐™ง๐™จ ๐™–๐™จ ๐™– ๐™๐™ž๐™œ๐™-๐™™๐™š๐™ฃ๐™จ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ฎ ๐™จ๐™˜๐™–๐™ก๐™ก๐™ค๐™ฅ๐™š๐™™ ๐™ก๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š. ๐™๐™๐™š๐™ฎ ๐™ข๐™–๐™ฎ ๐™–๐™ก๐™จ๐™ค ๐™๐™–๐™ซ๐™š ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ข๐™š ๐™จ๐™ข๐™–๐™ก๐™ก ๐™–๐™ง๐™š๐™–๐™จ ๐™ฌ๐™๐™š๐™ง๐™š ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™จ๐™š๐™š ๐™ฉ๐™ฌ๐™ค ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ง๐™–๐™ก๐™ก๐™š๐™ก, ๐™จ๐™˜๐™–๐™ก๐™ก๐™ค๐™ฅ๐™š๐™™, ๐™๐™ž๐™œ๐™-๐™™๐™š๐™ฃ๐™จ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ฎ ๐™ก๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š๐™จ ๐™˜๐™ก๐™ค๐™จ๐™š ๐™ฉ๐™ค๐™œ๐™š๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ง ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™จ๐™š๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ง๐™–๐™ฉ๐™š๐™™ ๐™—๐™ฎ ๐™จ๐™ข๐™–๐™ก๐™ก, ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ฌ-๐™™๐™š๐™ฃ๐™จ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ฎ ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฅ๐™จ.
๐™„๐™ฃ ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™–๐™œ๐™š ๐˜พ: ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ข๐™ž๐™™๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ก๐™–๐™ฉ๐™š ๐™จ๐™ช๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™ง๐™š ๐™–๐™ฅ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™–๐™ง๐™จ ๐™–๐™จ 2 ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ง๐™–๐™ก๐™ก๐™š๐™ก, ๐™จ๐™˜๐™–๐™ก๐™ก๐™ค๐™ฅ๐™š๐™™, ๐™๐™ž๐™œ๐™-๐™™๐™š๐™ฃ๐™จ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ฎ ๐™ก๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š๐™จ ๐™˜๐™ก๐™ค๐™จ๐™š ๐™ฉ๐™ค๐™œ๐™š๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ง, ๐™จ๐™š๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ง๐™–๐™ฉ๐™š๐™™ ๐™—๐™ฎ ๐™จ๐™ข๐™–๐™ก๐™ก, ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ฌ-๐™™๐™š๐™ฃ๐™จ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ฎ ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฅ๐™จ ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ข๐™–๐™ญ๐™ž๐™ก๐™ก๐™–๐™ง๐™ฎ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ก๐™–๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™—๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š๐™จ (๐™—๐™š๐™ฉ๐™ฌ๐™š๐™š๐™ฃ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™˜๐™ž๐™จ๐™ž๐™ซ๐™š ๐™›๐™ค๐™ง๐™–๐™ข๐™š๐™ฃ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ก๐™–๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š-๐™ข๐™–๐™ญ๐™ž๐™ก๐™ก๐™–๐™ง๐™ฎ ๐™จ๐™ช๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™ง๐™š). ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ฅ๐™ค๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง๐™ž๐™ค๐™ง ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ก๐™–๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š-๐™ข๐™–๐™ญ๐™ž๐™ก๐™ก๐™–๐™ง๐™ฎ ๐™จ๐™ช๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™ง๐™š). ๐™๐™๐™š ๐™จ๐™ช๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™ง๐™š ๐™ข๐™–๐™ฎ ๐™๐™–๐™ซ๐™š ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™ง๐™–๐™ž๐™œ๐™๐™ฉ ๐™ค๐™ง ๐™ž๐™ง๐™ง๐™š๐™œ๐™ช๐™ก๐™–๐™ง ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ฉ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง๐™ฃ.
๐™„๐™ฃ ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™–๐™œ๐™š ๐˜ฟ: ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™›๐™ช๐™จ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ ๐™ค๐™› ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ข๐™ž๐™™๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ก๐™–๐™ฉ๐™š ๐™จ๐™ช๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™ง๐™š ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ก๐™–๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™—๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ค๐™—๐™จ๐™š๐™ง๐™ซ๐™š๐™™, ๐™จ๐™ค ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ข๐™ž๐™™๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ก๐™–๐™ฉ๐™š ๐™จ๐™ช๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™ง๐™š ๐™˜๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ฉ ๐™—๐™š ๐™ซ๐™ž๐™จ๐™ช๐™–๐™ก๐™ž๐™ฏ๐™š๐™™ ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ก๐™–๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™—๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š, ๐™จ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™˜๐™š ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™›๐™ช๐™จ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ ๐™ช๐™จ๐™ช๐™–๐™ก๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™ค๐™˜๐™˜๐™ช๐™ง๐™จ ๐™›๐™ง๐™ค๐™ข ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ฅ๐™ค๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง๐™ž๐™ค๐™ง ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง๐™ž๐™ค๐™ง ๐™ฅ๐™ค๐™ง๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ . ๐™‹๐™–๐™ง๐™–๐™จ๐™ช๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™ง๐™–๐™ก ๐™—๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™™๐™š๐™ฃ๐™จ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ฎ ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™˜๐™ง๐™š๐™–๐™จ๐™š๐™™ (๐™๐™ž๐™œ๐™ ๐™—๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™™๐™š๐™ฃ๐™จ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ฎ) ๐™˜๐™ค๐™ข๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ง๐™š๐™™ ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™ข๐™–๐™ญ๐™ž๐™ก๐™ก๐™–๐™ง๐™ฎ ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ง๐™–๐™จ๐™ช๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™ง๐™–๐™ก ๐™—๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™™๐™š๐™ฃ๐™จ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ฎ. ๐™„๐™ฃ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ข๐™–๐™ญ๐™ž๐™ก๐™ก๐™–๐™ง๐™ฎ ๐™ฅ๐™ค๐™ง๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ ๐™ค๐™› ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™จ๐™ช๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™ง๐™š, ๐™›๐™ช๐™จ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ ๐™๐™–๐™จ ๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ฉ ๐™ฎ๐™š๐™ฉ ๐™ค๐™˜๐™˜๐™ช๐™ง๐™ง๐™š๐™™, ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™จ๐™ช๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™ง๐™š ๐™˜๐™–๐™ฃ ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ก๐™ก ๐™—๐™š ๐™จ๐™š๐™š๐™ฃ ๐™–๐™จ ๐™ฉ๐™ฌ๐™ค ๐™๐™ž๐™œ๐™-๐™™๐™š๐™ฃ๐™จ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ฎ ๐™ก๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š๐™จ ๐™จ๐™š๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ง๐™–๐™ฉ๐™š๐™™ ๐™—๐™ฎ ๐™จ๐™ข๐™–๐™ก๐™ก, ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ฌ-๐™™๐™š๐™ฃ๐™จ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ฎ ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฅ๐™จ.
๐™„๐™ฃ ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™–๐™œ๐™š ๐™€: ๐™›๐™ช๐™จ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ ๐™ค๐™› ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™จ๐™ช๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™ง๐™š ๐™ค๐™› ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ข๐™ž๐™™๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ก๐™–๐™ฉ๐™š ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ข๐™–๐™ญ๐™ž๐™ก๐™ก๐™– ๐™ค๐™˜๐™˜๐™ช๐™ง๐™จ. ๐™๐™๐™š ๐™–๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™–๐™ก ๐™จ๐™ช๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™ง๐™š ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ฉ ๐™ซ๐™ž๐™จ๐™ž๐™—๐™ก๐™š ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™ก๐™š๐™–๐™จ๐™ฉ ๐™– ๐™ฅ๐™ค๐™ง๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ ๐™ค๐™› ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ข๐™–๐™ญ๐™ž๐™ก๐™ก๐™–. ๐˜ฝ๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™™๐™š๐™ฃ๐™จ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ฎ ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™จ๐™–๐™ข๐™š ๐™–๐™จ ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™ค๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ง ๐™ง๐™š๐™œ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™จ ๐™ค๐™› ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ก๐™–๐™ฉ๐™š.

Said classification, as i mentioned before, is useful when choosing between orthopedic and surgical expansion. In groups A, B and C, skeletal expansion could be managed using RME devices, but in the more mature groups, D and E, MARPE and SARPE would be an alternative.

Taking all of this information into account, you should take a pic of the inside of your palate and check in what stage you are, if you are in stage A, B or C, YOU CAN EXPAND YOUR PALATE AT HOME via thumbpulling (search threads that teach you how to do it, its pretty basic stuff) and mewing (probably takes longer), BUT if you are in stage D or E then ITS OVER, you should visit an orthodontist and aim to get SARPE if you want any palate expansion and all the gainz of it.
Could you still forwardly thumbpull if youโ€™re in D? Also, what is the little scribble supposed to represent in the middle of the palate. (In the diagram)

Could you still forwardly thumbpull if youโ€™re in D? Also, what is the little scribble supposed to represent in the middle of the palate. (In the diagram)
@nandor

Whatโ€™s my status?
B4B2A08E A1E4 497F A700 B1FBBCCFE231

View attachment 1985552

I have a straight line on the mid palate

View attachment 1985552

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back