Can you move mandible forward while keeping bite the same?

Deleted member 3259

Deleted member 3259

Kraken
Lets say you have maybe just like a 1-2mm overbite, or even a normal bite, at that point you probably wont get BSSO since it's such a small overbite. Would it in theory be possible to keep the bite the exact same way it is, while moving the mandible forward in order to get a better looking jaw, without doing any sort of upper jaw surgery? Or would bimax be required in order to pull the upper jaw forward with the lower jaw?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
just permajutt if you need to bring your jaw forwards 2 millimeters. surgery isnt worth such small movement.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, EthnicelAscension, ChaddeusPeuterschmit and 1 other person
just permajutt if you need to bring your jaw forwards 2 millimeters. surgery isnt worth such small movement.
Fillers can do that permanently.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, EthnicelAscension and ChaddeusPeuterschmit
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Zeta ascended, EthnicelAscension and 3 others
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, EthnicelAscension, ChaddeusPeuterschmit and 1 other person
Decompensate the bite with braces in order to get a larger advancement or opt for bimax with a surgery first approach. You can try asking for a chin wing to cut along the border of the mandible and have it brought forward, but it can look terrible if you're actually recessed.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and ChaddeusPeuterschmit
That's exactly what wraparound jawline implant does.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and ChaddeusPeuterschmit
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and hoodmaxxnigga
Chin wing

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and crosshold
alveolar camouflage is the scenario you're looking for

• +1
But I dont want implant because thats shit
Stay recessed then. Or opt for that crappy chin wing European butchers like to perform cause they're incapable of designing implants.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and randomvanish
Stay recessed then. Or opt for that crappy chin wing European butchers like to perform cause they're incapable of designing implants.
I respect the bone errosion and chance of inflammation

• +1
I respect the bone errosion and chance of inflammation
Bone erosion is a matter of proper fixation and placement and is only common in standard sized chin implants, lol if you're still considering getting one in 2020. Inflammation or infection also rarely requires implant removal.

There are no good reasons for someone to rule out this solution for that kind of problem other than idiotic PSL misinformation and superiority "I don't want plastic on my (subhuman) face" complex.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and randomvanish
Bone erosion is a matter of proper fixation and placement and is only common in standard sized chin implants, lol if you're still considering getting one in 2020. Inflammation or infection also rarely requires implant removal.

There are no good reasons for someone to rule out this solution for that kind of problem other than idiotic PSL misinformation and superiority "I don't want plastic on my (subhuman) face" complexes.
I planned infraorbital or combined zygo implant

but the problem I see is:

The Masetter muscle

I could do a lot of width on my wraparound, because I have narrow bigonion

but the more Width I choose, the harder my muscles will press it in ... into the bones

the Soft tissue cant keep up

• +1
I planned infraorbital or combined zygo implant

but the problem I see is:

The Masetter muscle

I could do a lot of width on my wraparound, because I have narrow bigonion

but the more Width I choose, the harder my muscles will press it in ... into the bones

the Soft tissue cant keep up

It's true that even with custom implants you're limited to an extent by your own soft tissue anatomy but I honestly doubt your jaw is that narrow that even a very wide implant will not benefit you, unless you're trying to look extremely comical.

• +1
So implants mog chin wing results?

• +1
It's true that even with custom implants you're limited to an extent by your own soft tissue anatomy but I honestly doubt your jaw is that narrow that even a very wide implant will not benefit you, unless you're trying to look extremely comical.
Well, I cant prove it because I dont want to post pics

but it is narrow; one of my few subnormal features

on neutral head position, looking straight into mirror
both my gonions are in line with my lateral canthus and even a bit narrower

I know Chinwing is shit, but I think Sidewing is promising eventho there is barely any info about it
But I can imagine the 2 most likely approaches

• +1
So implants mog chin wing results?

100% in theory since a custom implant has the capability of augmenting all of horizontal, vertical and lateral aspects of the jaw. Chin wing is good if you want a vertical increase on your lower third but that's pretty much it, you'd have to touch it up with fillers if you want for example more width.

I have to say though that implants seem to be pretty hit or miss in terms of angularity, soft tissue thickness being the unpredictable factor. But they will definitely increase the dimensions they were designed to augment, unlike chin wing where you may end up with undercorrection.

• +1