Can you transplant hair ehre there was none naturaly?

TsarTsar444

TsarTsar444

Asexual peaceful balkan monk
I have a high hairline so would plan on adding a cm to my hairline in the future, is HT effective in that?

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 13787, ItsOver.com and Sweboy
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Stingray and TsarTsar444
Pretty sure what you want is forehead reduction surgery

Pretty sure what you want is forehead reduction surgery
How is that done? Is it dangerous or expensive. Tbh i don't think my upper third is bad i just want it to be ideal

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and ItsOver.com
How is that done? Is it dangerous or expensive. Tbh i don't think my upper third is bad i just want it to be ideal
They make an incision along your hairline, remove a few cm of forehead skin, and pull the hairline forward then sew the skin back together. Costs look like 7-14k. I don't think its dangerous. Pros seem to be that there's less chance of failure (HT has a chance of falling out and failing although small, idk about HT to never had hair areas) and you keep all donor hair but obviously cons is that its more invasive and leaves a scar

• +1
Reactions: TsarTsar444
According to my HT doc, not really. HT can lower your receding hairline back to the NW0 point, maybe a bit further too. But it won’t reduce your nw0 forehead size significantly

According to my HT doc, not really. HT can lower your receding hairline back to the NW0 point, maybe a bit further too. But it won’t reduce your nw0 forehead size significantly
Why is that?

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and ItsOver.com
Why is that?
Because 1. Transplanted hair will probably not grow out there where you never had hair and 2. You have muscles on your forehead that move when you speak or do facial expressions, if they transplanted hair lower than your natural hairline it would probably look unnatural and strange in motion.

I wouldn't get scalp reduction as it exacerbates scalp tightening as you age.

• +1
Reactions: LordNorwood
You might lower your hairline but it likely won't look natural. If you're sure you're not going to be bald you can get surgery to lower it.

Yes it can be done, however most surgeons will never lower ur hairline lower than where you were before balding, due to a small amount of a few thousand grafts that can be extracted if you keep balding to the front. They like to always be conservative on the hairline because of the risk of further balding