Can your mandible and maxilla rotate counter clockwise and upswing despite wearing invisalign at night?

O

onacomeup2024

Iron
So if i wear a plastic invisalign retainer to prevent my teeth from wearing from my clenching at night, will my teeth being locked in place by the invisalign that i only wear at night, prevent my mandible from rotating and my face to upswing? thanks

are you gonna upswing your face by mewing?
I’ve perfected oral posture through 6 months of myofunctional training as well as adopting a steal and vegetable diet and i’ve perfected my body posture as well. i do all the right habits im just confused if my progress is hindered due to wearing invisalign which holds my bite in place when i sleep.

you probably will but since the movement of your mid palatal suture is restricted due to the upper retainers it will be slower than normal. this is some craniosacral bs but apparently when one suture is blocked the others will also be as well. i would say fix ur grinding/clenching habits first since having a guard is really just like setting aside the problem. if u clenching, while ur enamel might be fine, ur gums may recede over time from the pressure. i grinded and a short period i found that just not putting effort into oral posture during sleep and just letting the jaw relax helps alot. another thing is elevating ur pillow so ur neck and jaw has more support

you probably will but since the movement of your mid palatal suture is restricted due to the upper retainers it will be slower than normal. this is some craniosacral bs but apparently when one suture is blocked the others will also be as well. i would say fix ur grinding/clenching habits first since having a guard is really just like setting aside the problem. if u clenching, while ur enamel might be fine, ur gums may recede over time from the pressure. i grinded and a short period i found that just not putting effort into oral posture during sleep and just letting the jaw relax helps alot. another thing is elevating ur pillow so ur neck and jaw has more support
how can i dm you? you made some really good points but it also raises a lot of questions. if you don’t put effort into oral posture at night, do you have the potential to recess? also, i think i grind due to stress, maybe because i got a filling on one of my right molars so my jaw is slightly tilted, or some have said that a recessed maxilla can caused breathing and oxygen problems so not getting enough oxygen at night can cause clenching. what do you think about any of this? i have dark circles under my eyes my whole life and some have said it’s allergies others have said that it’s a recessed maxilla. again, let me know if you can dm

• +1
Reactions: oppastoppathe2nd