cant feel my chest on bench press

D

Deleted member 7076

Kraken
i feel strong on the lift but i cant even feel my chest doing anything until after i finish all my sets and its a bit pumped

Doesn't matter

It doesn't matter in regards to growing the muscle. Just make sure your set-up is correct and you remain tight during the lift and then every muscle involved in the lift will grow as long as you continue to add weight to the bar

It doesn't matter in regards to growing the muscle. Just make sure your set-up is correct and you remain tight during the lift and then every muscle involved in the lift will grow as long as you continue to add weight to the bar
cope

just inject tren

i did feel my form was good. i used a no thumb grip and it felt really good!

Make sure you don't die when using that grip. It's called the suicide grip for a reason

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: ManzareK and Deleted member 4387
Make sure you don't die when using that grip. It's called the suicide grip for a reason
i bench with dumbells so if it falls its not gonna fall on my chest. reason for not barbell is cause i go to gym by myself no spotter

It would probably just be better to barbell bench and learn to roll the bar off of you if you fail. Just don't max out by yourself

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4387 and Deleted member 7076
Bench press is not optimal for chest go for an isolated one if you are already have good pecs

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: ManzareK and AlwaysHaveQuestions
Bench press is not optimal for chest go for an isolated one if you are already have good pecs
Why would you want big pecs but no shoulders or triceps

ofc you can't lol %90 of people are shoulder and triceps dominant with bench press, fuck it's not even best exercise to train chest for purely hypertrophy.

if your shoulder mobility allows wide grip dips with pauses at the bottom position is probably the best chest grower, after that guillotine press is a very good chest grower but you need good shoulder health and a smith machine, after that various dumbbell chest presses are good, especially slight incline.

but it also comes down to how well you can contract your chest during exercise too, most people lack necessary mind muscle connection in chest exercises, for example they don't know you should try to push your hands to each other in bench press for a better chest contraction etc, little tricks like these.

i would suggest you to try a pre exhaustion method by combining a isolated chest exercise with a compound back to back, examples could be, squeezing a bosu ball for maximum effort between your elbows for 45 seconds, and then moving to slight incline dumbbell bench press, a quick routine might look like this ;

A1. Cable Flies 4x12-15 reps focusing on maximum squeeze at every point of exercise.

Rest 10 secs

A2. Slight Incline DB Bench Press 4x8-10 reps.

Rest 120 secs and go back to A1.

You can finish off this routine with a finisher of Wide Grip Dips for submaximal reps for 3 to 4 sets.

Try and let me know how it goes for you, good luck.

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: ManzareK and AlwaysHaveQuestions