CARB BLOAT, A MYTH?

pneumocystosis

pneumocystosis

im so gifted at finding what i don't like the most
A follow up to @Manletmachine 's thread:

I've noticed the exact same thing.

I've tested this theory too by eating ice creams the past few days.

I was 100% debloated with hollow cheeks at night. I would proceed to eat three double-caramel Magnums before bed.

I would wake up in the morning with a totally chiselled face. The sugar/carbs did not affect my face in the slightest.

I even remember when I was gymmaxxing on 400g of carbs a day. I wasn't bloated on days where I limited salt consumption.

What could this mean??

We can't simply refuse the scientific research which suggests carb bloat is a very real thing.

We can't ignore the existence and proven efficacity of "carb loading" before bodybuilding shows.

We can't ignore the people in this reddit thread claiming their face looked thinner while on keto:

There must be a subtility to it.

It can't be a black or white "carbs bloat/do not bloat".

What surprises me is that the people on keto claim to look thinner!
Usually people on keto eat high-sodium foods like butter and cheese.
They can't even get potassium from fruit and veg to compensate.
How do they look thinner?

--> This would thus suggest that carb bloat is VERY REAL and/or their pre-keto diets were very sodium-heavy, with incosistent intakes of sodium from one day to another. Switching to keto could have made them opt for healthier, less-processed, cleaner foods with lower amounts of sodium.

WHO KNOWS???

We need more research to be done on carbs.

For now, keep coping with potassium supplements, 3L water, cardio, and pharma diuretics.

Pneumo back to the freezer for another magnum

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: RiceCel1234, the MOUSE, Amadeus and 16 others
didnt read
kys chad

• +1
  • JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: RiceCel1234, TheBrownOne, LooksThinker and 10 others
incorrect my face starts resembling that of a human when i dont eat for 2 days in a row but as soon as i ingest 1 molecule of carbohydrates im back to a circle. its genetic thing. over

• JFL
  • So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: j05, TheBrownOne, Nero III and 9 others
its a myth. carb makes you store water in your muscles. but the muscle mass in face is not enough to make a difference. bodybuilders need to do it tho cos they are jacked up and rely on definition in shows

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: the MOUSE, Deleted member 47332, Allornothing and 5 others
its a myth. carb makes you store water in your muscles. but the muscle mass in face is not enough to make a difference. bodybuilders need to do it tho cos they are jacked up and rely on definition in shows
that was what i thougt at one point too.

sodium stores water wherever, whereas carbs store in muscles...

weird and maybe insane, but it's congruous to what many experience...

• +1
Reactions: T50 Mogger and BrahminBoss
also the best dieuretic is acetozalamide and coffee

• +1
Reactions: the MOUSE, Deleted member 47332, Deleted member 28691 and 1 other person
Carbs dont really bloat me

Salt and alcohol, however... 💀

• So Sad
  • Hmm...
Reactions: pneumocystosis and BrahminBoss
no luck with coffee but have you tried furosemide instead of acetazolamide?

View attachment 2291601
"The diuretic action of acetazolamide is therefore weak and not clinically useful."

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/neuroscience/acetazolamide#:~:text=The diuretic action of acetazolamide is therefore weak and not clinically useful.
no bcos i heard of its side effects from i think @Birdcell i can take a lot of acetozalamide tabs and not feel anything except higher body temp and debloating. the co2 upregulation is a nice side effect.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: the MOUSE, pneumocystosis and Birdcell
Grains bloat you

• Woah
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Bzz, BrahminBoss and pneumocystosis
Carbs def bloat you lol esp when you salt up w extra water

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Bzz, Allornothing and pneumocystosis
I would be so happy if the thing I would need to worry about is bloat in the face, not race @russiancel @St.TikTokcel

• JFL
  • So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Member since 2022, Deleted member 27660, User49 and 4 others
Yeah but people on here obsess over minor water retention for whatever

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 24444, pneumocystosis and BrahminBoss
Thomas Delauer on Youtube (Fitness Chad) says that combining carbs with salt and water afterwards is what fucks you up.

So eating carbs but low sodium+water is little to no bloat.

Sodium+water is always bloat city no matter what.

Sodium is a meme.

• Woah
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: PSLdemigod, BrahminBoss, ROTTING and 2 others
Diet is cope
Nutrients and calories dont exist
Can you see them? No, then they dont exist. Youve been DECEIVED

• JFL
Reactions: j05 and pneumocystosis

I was 100% debloated with hollow cheeks at night. I would proceed to eat three double-caramel Magnums before bed.
View attachment 2291583

I would wake up in the morning with a totally chiselled face. The sugar/carbs did not affect my face in the slightest.

I even remember when I was gymmaxxing on 400g of carbs a day. I wasn't bloated on days where I limited salt consumption.

What could this mean??

We can't simply refuse the scientific research which suggests carb bloat is a very real thing.

We can't ignore the existence and proven efficacity of "carb loading" before bodybuilding shows.

We can't ignore the people in this reddit thread claiming their face looked thinner while on keto:

--> This would thus suggest that carb bloat is VERY REAL and/or their pre-keto diets were very sodium-heavy, with incosistent intakes of sodium from one day to another. Switching to keto could have made them opt for healthier, less-processed, cleaner foods with lower amounts of sodium.

WHO KNOWS???

For now, keep coping with potassium supplements, 3L water, cardio, and pharma diuretics.

nigga I just ordered a pizza.

You must be on some biology or physics degree

In case you didn't read my other shit, gonna be reading all of yours. Got to reprimand my mistake.

What learning difficulties does to a

because they were fat fucks and they lost a little bit of fat and they think that they "debloated"

no luck with coffee but have you tried furosemide instead of acetazolamide?

View attachment 2291601
"The diuretic action of acetazolamide is therefore weak and not clinically useful."

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/neuroscience/acetazolamide#:~:text=The diuretic action of acetazolamide is therefore weak and not clinically useful.
If im not wrong, coffee works as a short term debloater, however it makes your body feel like you dont have any more water so afterwards any water you consume will go straight into your cheeks as your body will want to store it thinking that you are in danger.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: the MOUSE and pneumocystosis
Or maybe u ate some carbs that cause inflammation

• +1
Reactions: pneumocystosis
J'ai etait longtemp en keto, et c'est réel ca debloat a mort, le truc aussi c'est quand je fesait des rebond glucidique, le lendemain j'avais une tronche de model tier pret pour des shooting, je pense simplement que tu as de fluctuation d'eau frero et que tu t'enméle les pinceaux, si tu continue a manger de la ice cream 3 jour d'affilée tu verra :p

• Woah
I have spoken to few nutritionists and they have said that carbs wouldn’t be the problem when it comes to facial bloat but sodium defo would be…

But the problem is you can eat 400g carbs and 0 sodium but your muscles will still be deflated as sodium is equally as important to look big.

But yeah I agree it’s weird how people on keto say they experience facial debloating but maybe it’s due to accidentally eating less bad foods which have high sodium I dunno…

I’ve got OCD and just cut both carbs and sodium down anyway just incase.

• Love it
If im not wrong, coffee works as a short term debloater, however it makes your body feel like you dont have any more water so afterwards any water you consume will go straight into your cheeks as your body will want to store it thinking that you are in danger.
Yes that’s true, same with alcohol aswell… The next morning after alcohol I start drinking water and it will take 3-4 hours before I’m bloated again… Whereas if I didn’t drink anything I would be debloated until I drink water.

• +1

View attachment 2291583

What could this mean??

WHO KNOWS???

It can be that hard for u fellas to understand that u just need to copy what our ancestrals did to have max benefits.

• +1
ur a fuckinf idiot bro the ice cream has way more fat that carbs , eat a loaf of bread and see what happens

• Woah

View attachment 2291583

What could this mean??

WHO KNOWS???

Depends on how much carbs you are eating regularly.
If you are consistently low carb your T3 goes down. The large spike in carbs make your T3 go up and debloats you a little or a lot, depending on your levels before.

• +1
Reactions: the MOUSE
Carbs bloat me 10x more than salt. All the McDonald’s in the world wouldn’t bloat me up nearly as much as a plate of pasta.

• +1
That's because you are gymmaxximg.
Completely Stop working out and start eating sugary foods daily and witness the result yourself.

• +1
Low potassium to salt in the body will cause some bloating. A few days of taking potassium chloride will usually take care of the issue.

• +1
Low potassium to salt in the body will cause some bloating. A few days of taking potassium chloride will usually take care of the issue.
I took 9g of potassium chloride this morning and now I feel dizzy and have bad diarrhea. I’m about to puke.
Thanks for the advice

• JFL
Reactions: ChickenRun, the MOUSE, Lawton88 and 1 other person
I took 9g of potassium chloride this morning and now I feel dizzy and have bad diarrhea. I’m about to puke.
Thanks for the advice
Same lmao I took a shit ton of nosalt and nearly shat myself on the way to lectures. Still look bloated too :feelsrope:

• JFL
Reactions: marek937 and Lawton88
Thanks for the advice

Yep I wouldn't recommend it for quick debloating if you haven't used it already. You need to build up potassium over a few days and keep it up for long term debloating. Also it can sometimes take a day + for the debloat to kick in using it for the first time.

• +1
Reactions: PSLdemigod
Keto will debloat you somewhat but if you're recessed or have high aldosterone then you will be bloated regardless.

Keto will debloat you somewhat but if you're recessed or have high aldosterone then you will be bloated regardless.
Is it worth getting it tested?

E

View attachment 2291583

What could this mean??

WHO KNOWS???

Every 1 gram of carbs/glycogen = 3 waters

yall coping on this shit

genetic chad has hollow cheeks all the time while eating shit and anything

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member