Chin Implant vs Genioplasty

qsabathi

qsabathi

Iron
So I don’t needs djs because I had braces when I was a kid but my chin never got the development it was intended to have. When I relax my lower jaw I look normal and have a profile similar to gandy’s but when I clench my teeth together I am subhuman. I talked with a handful of surgeons who all said I would be a good candidate for a sliding genioplasty but most of the results they showed were very lackluster. However, I talked with this one surgeon who specializes in implants and some of the results were way better than what I’ve seen with a genio. I was thinking this might be the way to go since the only good genio results I’ve seen were from surgeons outside of the US. Any thoughts?

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: BrettyBoy and ManzareK
Genioplasty is always better than a standard chin implant. There is no good reason to choose the implant other than cost. If you're not impressed with the doctor, choose a new doctor.

Genioplasty is always better than a standard chin implant. There is no good reason to choose the implant other than cost. If you're not impressed with the doctor, choose a new doctor.
I don’t think this is true. Genioplasty can get infected like an implant, there’s a chance your bone won’t heal together and you’ll just have this lose chin attached by only plates for the rest or your life, ew, and it doesn’t ad lateral mass which is rly important. An implant on the other hand is a solid piece of mass that is sturdy and only complication is infection that would just require removal and replacement.

• +1
Reactions: qsabathi, AlexBrown84 and Slob
Genioplasty doesn't add width

there are variations with a middle cut that do add width

chin implants are utter fucking garbage, either get a wraparound implant that includes the chin or just a genioplasty

• +1
Reactions: Chinlet Ascension
Depends on your situation. If it's more than minor you should definitely do a genioplasty.

• +1
Reactions: qsabathi
chin implants are utter fucking garbage
No they're not, if your problem is a slightly weak thin chin then implant is the way to go. I'm speaking from personal experience

I've seen genios where the chin looks a little wider, because it's farther forward. It's a minor thing, but I still think it's better than chin implants with all of the negative features that come with them

• +1
Reactions: qsabathi
Genioplasty can get infected like an implant, there’s a chance your bone won’t heal together and you’ll just have this lose chin attached by only plates for the rest or your life, ew, and it doesn’t ad lateral mass which is rly important.
Genioplasty only gets infected during the procedure, if it heals right then you're safe for life. Implants can get infected later on. I've never heard of a genio case where the bone is just sitting there and doesn't "heal together"

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Oberyn, valhalar and qsabathi