Almu

CHIN SHIELD
Gr7 1
Gr8 1

1 s20 S0901502709009564 gr3
1 s20 S0901502709009564 gr5
1 s20 S0901502709009564 gr6
DnoEvG4XsAIgzk9

"The osteotomy presented achieves this by creating a 'chin shield' where the mandibular segment advanced is relatively high on the side of the buccal cortex and lower on the lingual side and where the osteotomy or down-fracture in between is in an oblique angle in the sagittal plane. "

"The ratio of soft tissue response to bony movement in the sliding genioplasty technique was 1:0.83, whereas in the chin shield genioplasty technique, it was 1:0.99. Conclusions: In the chin shield genioplasty technique, the increase in labiomental fold depth was less than in the sliding genioplasty technique. "

"Chin shield osteotomy technique for genioplasty is a good option for horizontal as well as vertical lengthening of chin and does not cause deepening of the mentolabial fold. "

1 s20 S0094129807000764 gr24

CONVENTIONAL GENIO
Gr3
Gr4

Attachments

• gr4.jpg
    gr4.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 1-s2.0-S0094129807000764-gr24.jpg
    1-s2.0-S0094129807000764-gr24.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Anchor_Ship, AscendingHero, Deleted member 6401 and 15 others
good post, few questions though:

does it cost significantly more?

can you get it with a bimax?

are the risks higher?

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 6401, DianabolDownie and 2 others
can you show where they make the cuts/fractures?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Almu
Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
Very interesting thread tbh, upvoted.
It seems that this is relatively new and therefore there would be very few surgeons who know this proceadure.
Is this method always better than conventional genio or only in cases where the mentolabial fold needs to be kept to a minimum?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, DianabolDownie and Almu
Very interesting thread tbh, upvoted.
It seems that this is relatively new and therefore there would be very few surgeons who know this proceadure.
Is this method always better than conventional genio or only in cases where the mentolabial fold needs to be kept to a minimum?
I Think its always better

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and DianabolDownie
Good thread

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, DianabolDownie and Almu
who performs it? is it the same as the beauty full chin offered by tito?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Anchor_Ship, Deleted member 6401 and Almu
Good thread, but this looks like a solution to extreme subhumans. Should normies like us even consider it?

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 6401, KrissKross and 2 others
Good thread, but this looks like a solution to extreme subhumans. Should normies like us even consider it?
Yes.
Fold will be more beautiful. You can move the chin more forward and its safer.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: copefuel, Deleted member 6401, Elias and 1 other person
so its just a genioplasty except it doesn't affect your mentolabial/chin fold? i dont get it

• +1
Does it use implants or they move the actual bone?

• +1
This is insane
Good thread
The amount of projection achieved is unbelievable
Lifefuel for chincels

I wonder if you could combine it with a bsso for even further projection?

• +1
Reactions: Anchor_Ship, AscendingHero, Deleted member 6401 and 2 others
This is insane
Good thread
The amount of projection achieved is unbelievable
Lifefuel for chincels

I wonder if you could combine it with a bsso for even further projection?
Im sure you can do it
Does it use implants or they move the actual bone?
Bone
so its just a genioplasty except it doesn't affect your mentolabial/chin fold? i dont get it
Conventional genio can make the fold bigger. Chin shield will not

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 6401, DianabolDownie and 2 others
which euro doc does this?

• +1
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 6401 and Almu
Would benefit me greatly, my mentolabial fold is deep af, wouldnt want it any deeper

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 6401 and Almu
What is your jaw concern ?

I had bimax. My chin area is still a bit recessed due to lack of genioplasty and I have a deep labiomental fold. I spoke with him and he can do the chin wing and correct my fold, but, due to my BSSO cut it's up in the air if I can get ramus drop down (which I want). IMO, chin wing > conventional genioplasty. He also offers some conjunction with rhinoplasty to impact the upper lip which from a personal aesthetic point of view, I want.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, kota and Almu
I had bimax. My chin area is still a bit recessed due to lack of genioplasty and I have a deep labiomental fold. I spoke with him and he can do the chin wing and correct my fold, but, due to my BSSO cut it's up in the air if I can get ramus drop down (which I want). IMO, chin wing > conventional genioplasty. He also offers some conjunction with rhinoplasty to impact the upper lip which from a personal aesthetic point of view, I want.
Chin wing can make the jaw roundish and the results are most likely underwhelming imo. Chin shield>Chin wing if you only want stronger chin.
He also offers some conjunction with rhinoplasty to impact the upper lip which from a personal aesthetic point of view, I want.
What is he charging for rhino ?

• +1
Chin wing can make the jaw roundish and the results are most likely underwhelming imo. Chin shield>Chin wing if you only want stronger chin.

What is he charging for rhino ?

I believe it only blunts the angle if they make 1 of 2 possible cuts (I forget which one and don't have time to look it up). Most of the results I've seen in his office have come out with better jaw angles, but this was due to him controlling both the bimax and chin wing in many of those cases. But, this is still good to know about the chin shield, I'm going to ask him about this to potentially meet my needs.

I won't post exact quote out in public, but it's very fair especially in comparison to top rhino docs in the states.

• +1
Should I add this to my list

• +1
A deep mentolabial fold is a chad trait in many cases though, why would it be a bad thing?

• +1
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 4430, Deleted member 6401 and 1 other person
A deep mentolabial fold is a chad trait in many cases though, why would it be a bad thing?
I dont like it and also it can come with lip closing Problems

• +1