Choosing between prescribed meds and holistic skincare for clearer skin.

Laverne

Laverne

Iron
I've been prescribed Tretinoin Cream 0.025% and other acne medications by my doctor, but I'm considering an alternative approach. I believe that maintaining a healthy diet, taking supplements, following a good sleep schedule, and sticking to my skincare routine, which includes the use of Panoxyl Benzoyl Peroxide Cleanser, will clear my acne. Additionally, I incorporate a yogurt, honey, Rosewater, and cornstarch face mask twice a week and a 5-minute steam session before applying it. In the past, a healthy diet and daily green smoothies with parsley, kale, celery, spinach, kiwi, lemon, and lime etc have significantly improved my skin. But since I stopped my skin has gotten pretty bad. I've recently resumed these habits and plan to monitor my skin's progress before considering the prescribed medications from my doctor.

Also here is my skincare routine:

**Morning Routine:**
1. I Start by rinsing my face with lukewarm water.
2. I Apply ice to my face for a couple of minutes.
3. I then follow up with rose water on my skin.
4. Lastly, I finish by applying moisturizer to your face.

**Nighttime Routine:**
1. I use the Panoxyl Acne cleanser.
2. I then apply rose water to my skin.
3.I finish by applying my moisturizer.

(Please let me know how I can improve my skincare routine)

Should I continue with my current skincare and healthy lifestyle approach to clear my skin without resorting to strong medications? Any additional tips or guidance you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: LoveAllRaces and User28823
Let us know your results. Everyone says tret but I feel like it might have long term side effects, like ortho, fixes symptoms not root issue. Humans have overcrowding and crooked tooth, but wild animals dont. Humans have acne, animals don't have acne? Feel like we're missing something... cant trust big pharma... natural might be better long term for skin barrier, diet change seems like good idea.

Might be pushing it a bit too far, I think doctors are amazing its just I'm taking somewhat of a natural approach because I believe it's the reason for my hormonal ance

Let us know your results. Everyone says tret but I feel like it might have long term side effects, like ortho, fixes symptoms not root issue. Humans have overcrowding and crooked tooth, but wild animals dont. Humans have acne, animals don't have acne? Feel like we're missing something... cant trust big pharma... natural might be better long term for skin barrier, diet change seems like good idea.
True but some problems are impossible/impractical to change in modern world

Modern things that contribute to bad skin are:

Pollution, diet, water quality, imbalanced hormones, stress,etc

while most of those are possible to have some control over optimisation enough to help someone with bad acne is going to be very hard if not impossible to find