CLENCHING HORROR STORY - Help Needed

G

greycel

Bronze
I have been clenching and chewing heavy for the past few months.
I now have severe asymmetry, where I can’t take front picture photos or else I just want to rope. The right side of my face is wider, but the gonion is less flared. The left side jaw is better. My left zygo is non existent and my right is downgrown. Unequal facial fifths.

The chewing/clenching also made my gonions lower than my mouth position from the front. So now I look like a block head. A square jaw, due to my mandibular to floor angle being close to 0 degrees. Is this even fixable with surgery? I am downgrown, with downgrown nose, zygos, mandible, and occlusal plane. But due to my chewing I grew my ramus, although it is slanted and not straight, and now instead of the V jaw I had, I’ve become a Minecraft block, where the ramus extends to below my lip level. Can any form of jaw surgery fix this?

It only works if you have good facial development, like Dolph Lundgren etc. I look so uncanny with bizygomatic wider than bigonial, jaw very wide for my palate and a ramus like mine for my downgrowth.

This is the honest truth about clenching/chewing. It will mess up your harmony, even if you do it successfully. I believe it can work on some people, but those people are already good looking enough that they shouldn’t be here.

I can’t live the rest of my life like this.

@majstr

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
  • Hmm...
Reactions: overlord_97, Dunkelheit, BrahminBoss and 3 others
I now have severe asymmetry, where I can’t take front picture photos or else I just want to rope. The right side of my face is wider, but the gonion is less flared. The left side jaw is better. My left zygo is non existent and my right is downgrown. Unequal facial fifths.

The chewing/clenching also made my gonions lower than my mouth position from the front. So now I look like a block head. A square jaw, due to my mandibular to floor angle being close to 0 degrees. Is this even fixable with surgery? I am downgrown, with downgrown nose, zygos, mandible, and occlusal plane. But due to my chewing I grew my ramus, although it is slanted and not straight, and now instead of the V jaw I had, I’ve become a Minecraft block, where the ramus extends to below my lip level. Can any form of jaw surgery fix this?

This is the honest truth about clenching/chewing. It will mess up your harmony, even if you do it successfully. I believe it can work on some people, but those people are already good looking enough that they shouldn’t be here.

• JFL
  • So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Shkreliii, RAMU KAKA and greycel
Tf did u chew on bricks?

It only works if you have good facial development, like Dolph Lundgren etc. I look so uncanny with bizygomatic wider than bigonial, jaw very wide for my palate and a ramus like mine for my downgrowth.

@majstr
My situation is exact same

• +1
Reactions: RAMU KAKA and greycel
@mayo mogger

• JFL
Reactions: mayo mogger
Btw I would like to update this for anybody reading.
So firstly I believe that the reason for this asymmetry was because I got 4 molar extractions done on me when I was younger. I looked at my bottom palate in the mirror and they are very asymmetrical (never noticed that before). I believe that clenching/ chewing just exacerbated the current asymmetry. Before it was not noticeable or barely, now it is over.

@Allornothing mentioned this too.
btw bro do you think that those 4 extractions would lead to more bone loss over time (as I age), compared to someone who never had the 4 extractions (as they age).. or is the sudden bone loss only for the first 3-6 weeks after removal.

I would not advise clenching to anybody, and tell anybody who is chewing, to do it if they’ve got perfect teeth. So you did not need any dental work during your pubescent years (or earlier). This ofc includes extractions but I’d go so far to say braces too.

My situation is exact same
Does the above apply to you too? If not, then maybe the asymmetry aspect is minor for somebody who hasn’t had orthodontic treatment growing up.

Btw I would like to update this for anybody reading.
So firstly I believe that the reason for this asymmetry was because I got 4 molar extractions done on me when I was younger. I looked at my bottom palate in the mirror and they are very asymmetrical (never noticed that before). I believe that clenching/ chewing just exacerbated the current asymmetry. Before it was not noticeable or barely, now it is over.

@Allornothing mentioned this too.
btw bro do you think that those 4 extractions would lead to more bone loss over time (as I age), compared to someone who never had the 4 extractions (as they age).. or is the sudden bone loss only for the first 3-6 weeks after removal.

I would not advise clenching to anybody, and tell anybody who is chewing, to do it if they’ve got perfect teeth. So you did not need any dental work during your pubescent years (or earlier). This ofc includes extractions but I’d go so far to say braces too.

Does the above apply to you too? If not, then maybe the asymmetry aspect is minor for somebody who hasn’t had orthodontic treatment growing up.
No noticeable assymetry

• +1
Reactions: greycel
No noticeable assymetry
And I'm assuming no orthodontic care either.
Fuark so the theory was right
Getting extractions leads to a higher risk of developing asymmetries while clenching or chewing

• +1
Reactions: barettrealrx
bizygo is supposed to be wider than bigonial

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall
The chewing/clenching also made my gonions lower than my mouth position from the front. So now I look like a block head. A square jaw, due to my mandibular to floor angle being close to 0 degrees. Is this even fixable with surgery? I am downgrown, with downgrown nose, zygos, mandible, and occlusal plane. But due to my chewing I grew my ramus, although it is slanted and not straight, and now instead of the V jaw I had, I’ve become a Minecraft block, where the ramus extends to below my lip level
Can you explain how you grew ramus taller and got it square from v shape? I'm sorry but this would literally be giga lifefuel for me I've seen my morphs id literally be mogger if I had a tall square-ish ramus. Again sorry for your condition bro but I wanna know the process of how you got to that.

Can you explain how you grew ramus taller and got it square from v shape? I'm sorry but this would literally be giga lifefuel for me I've seen my morphs id literally be mogger if I had a tall square-ish ramus. Again sorry for your condition bro but I wanna know the process of how you got to that.
It's cool, things have settled down quite a lot. I found out a lot of stuff. What chewing/clenching does is, it accentuates any current asymmetries. I had 4 premolar extractions before puberty, and LOTS of years of braces. It was to be expected that I had more than average asymmetry already.. could also be due to sphenoid misallignment tbh :unsure:.

In any case, it won't exist for many people; im assuming you too (hopefully you haven't had orthodontic care growing up).

I would clench 24/7 lightly, I made the mistake of doing it while sleeping (DONT). Because it can cause one side to develop more than the other too, also you clench a lot while sleeping normally. Just have a normal gap between the two. Mew while you lightly clench during the day

Chewing I didn't do much of. It was mainly clenching.. if you want try chewing (it will be slower, but more controlled effects). Doesn't show for many people for over a year tho.

My V shape jaw still exists. The V is the chin (which is square but pointy narrow). It's fine tho because it is a 1:1 almost to my lips, which is ideal measurement. Narrow lips come from the extractions.. interestingly my lips are narrower than my palate which is already narrow from extractions (maybe extractions affect lips more than palate :unsure:)

When I would clench, I'd make sure to do it with slight teeth closed (with more pressure on the back). Not considerably more, but just more than in the front

Be wary though, some people say that it can cause the orbitals to vertically go down a bit (and if you don't have high zygos u could suffer from maybe sclera show).. Also idk how true that statement is (its prolly mostly anecdotal)

• Love it
Reactions: overlord_97
It's cool, things have settled down quite a lot. I found out a lot of stuff. What chewing/clenching does is, it accentuates any current asymmetries. I had 4 premolar extractions before puberty, and LOTS of years of braces. It was to be expected that I had more than average asymmetry already.. could also be due to sphenoid misallignment tbh :unsure:.

In any case, it won't exist for many people; im assuming you too (hopefully you haven't had orthodontic care growing up).

I would clench 24/7 lightly, I made the mistake of doing it while sleeping (DONT). Because it can cause one side to develop more than the other too, also you clench a lot while sleeping normally. Just have a normal gap between the two. Mew while you lightly clench during the day

Chewing I didn't do much of. It was mainly clenching.. if you want try chewing (it will be slower, but more controlled effects). Doesn't show for many people for over a year tho.

My V shape jaw still exists. The V is the chin (which is square but pointy narrow). It's fine tho because it is a 1:1 almost to my lips, which is ideal measurement. Narrow lips come from the extractions.. interestingly my lips are narrower than my palate which is already narrow from extractions (maybe extractions affect lips more than palate :unsure:)

When I would clench, I'd make sure to do it with slight teeth closed (with more pressure on the back). Not considerably more, but just more than in the front

Be wary though, some people say that it can cause the orbitals to vertically go down a bit (and if you don't have high zygos u could suffer from maybe sclera show).. Also idk how true that statement is (its prolly mostly anecdotal)
Thanks bro. Am already scleralshowcel tho but jaw is law anyway so gonna try this

• +1
Reactions: greycel