Cold showers and no poo unironically saved my hair/skin

D

Deleted member 11126

Kraken
Stopping warm showers over the winter had noticeable results on my skin/hair. My hair used to always get so oily that if I didn't shower every 12 hours it would get oily again. I thought this was normal I would literally wake up and my brown fluffy hair would be black from the grease and this also caused acne since my face would look shiny.

So the first thing I did was never take a shower above lukewarm (basically if you have a mirror in the bathroom if your mirror is seriously fogged up afterwards its too hot). Nowadays I take super cold showers but the benefits of this are more so that hot water damages hair and skin. So as long as its not super hot it should be a major improvement.

Stopping using boiling water improved my hair quite a bit it would now get greasy only after one day or a day and a half of showering the last thing I did was gradually reduce shampooing. Its taken months of gradually decreasing it but at this point my hair looks amazing and only wash it every 2 weeks with shampoo. I'm still gradually reducing it but my hair looks the same each day for the most part. In the past if I missed a shampooing before school I looked homeless or like I hadn't washed it in weeks now it looks fine no matter what I do no more products on my hair just cold water and I let it dry naturally and it looks amazing

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: ChristianChad, Cope>rope, Deleted member 2729 and 4 others
Your guys results might not be as quick or dramatic as mine mainly cause I used to take showers at the max heat for 30 minutes a day. (I would unironically sit on the bathroom floor and turn it up to boiling hot so much so that it hurt and listen to lofi music)

• +1
Reactions: RAMU KAKA and Cope>rope
Are you malian ?

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 11126
Boiling hot water is very bad for scalp health, it might cause seborroic dermatitis (which i have had diagnosed yesterday) and your scalp is gonna get inflamed and flaky and infested with dandruff. Its important to dry your hair as well if they are moist, and avoid sweating sitting on your scalp for too long.

• +1
Reactions: Cope>rope and Deleted member 11126
Boiling hot water is very bad for scalp health, it might cause seborroic dermatitis (which i have had diagnosed yesterday) and your scalp is gonna get inflamed and flaky and infested with dandruff. Its important to dry your hair as well if they are moist, and avoid sweating sitting on your scalp for too long.
Yeah my hair and skin felt so bad during the winter in particular I was dry all the time. It was weird I kept phasing between uncomfortably dry skin/hair and then too greasy. So I was constantly putting product in my hair like gel to fix this.

cold water closes the pores or something i think so thats prob why

• +1
Yeah when I take super cold showers my skin almost glows. But you really only need to take lukewarm showers to see the benefits.

Its not so much that lukewarm showers are good its that steaming water gets rid of all the excess oil on your skin and face which dries you out. This ironically enough causes your body to create more oil. So you take a shower to get rid of the oily hair/skin only for your skin to adapt by producing more oil.

• +1
Reactions: sub5inchcel
Stopping warm showers over the winter had noticeable results on my skin/hair. My hair used to always get so oily that if I didn't shower every 12 hours it would get oily again. I thought this was normal I would literally wake up and my brown fluffy hair would be black from the grease and this also caused acne since my face would look shiny.

So the first thing I did was never take a shower above lukewarm (basically if you have a mirror in the bathroom if your mirror is seriously fogged up afterwards its too hot). Nowadays I take super cold showers but the benefits of this are more so that hot water damages hair and skin. So as long as its not super hot it should be a major improvement.

Stopping using boiling water improved my hair quite a bit it would now get greasy only after one day or a day and a half of showering the last thing I did was gradually reduce shampooing. Its taken months of gradually decreasing it but at this point my hair looks amazing and only wash it every 2 weeks with shampoo. I'm still gradually reducing it but my hair looks the same each day for the most part. In the past if I missed a shampooing before school I looked homeless or like I hadn't washed it in weeks now it looks fine no matter what I do no more products on my hair just cold water and I let it dry naturally and it looks amazing
I turn the water on very hot but I do not have it poor on my hair, but rather on my body.

• +1
I turn the water on very hot but I do not have it poor on my hair, but rather on my body.
your still going to get itchy skin. its not good

Do you use any hairstyling products? Because I wonder if you can do no poo if u use them

• +1
Is the no poo a joke or a legit thing?

• +1
Reactions: RAMU KAKA, Cope>rope, poopmaster22 and 1 other person

So if I give up shampoo for life my hair will look great? How long until my hair isn’t greasy? People on here tell me it is the biggest Cope and will never revert back to normal

• +1
Is the no poo a joke or a legit thing?
It might depend on your hair type it is legit for me tho. But the biggest warning is that it takes an insane amount of time for you hair to adapt. It took me 4 months of gradually decreasing shampoo for it to be like this.

The best way to do it is every week add a one day gap in between it. and allow it to very gradually adapt. Also before you slowly cut out shampoo make sure you stop taking any hot showers.

(Side note your supposed to use a specific type of shampoo first that removes silicon in your hair)

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: MaxillaMaxing and Danish_Retard
So if I give up shampoo for life my hair will look great? How long until my hair isn’t greasy? People on here tell me it is the biggest Cope and will never revert back to normal
You can do it just it takes forever. My recommendation is first stop taking hot showers the removes oils and irritates the protective coating the most.

And every week you should add a one day gap in between shampooing. So the first week if you normally shampoo every day do it every other day. You can do it all at once but you will look like shit for 2 months. Right now I shampoo every weeks basically the way my hair works is it stays the same even if I don't shower for 5 days my hair looks similarish.

After 2 weeks it gets slightly greasy and I use shampoo then its actually too dry for a few days and goes back to normal.

Oh yeah another thing go on the r/nopoo subreddit and look up the steps you need to use a special shampoo that removes the silicon from your hair and one thats silicon free before starting. Shampoo often contains silicon but it removes the silicon everytime you shampoo so it won't clog up but if you stop it will make your hair itchier if you don't remove it

You can do it just it takes forever. My recommendation is first stop taking hot showers the removes oils and irritates the protective coating the most.

And every week you should add a one day gap in between shampooing. So the first week if you normally shampoo every day do it every other day. You can do it all at once but you will look like shit for 2 months. Right now I shampoo every weeks basically the way my hair works is it stays the same even if I don't shower for 5 days my hair looks similarish.

After 2 weeks it gets slightly greasy and I use shampoo then its actually too dry for a few days and goes back to normal.

Oh yeah another thing go on the r/nopoo subreddit and look up the steps you need to use a special shampoo that removes the silicon from your hair and one thats silicon free before starting. Shampoo often contains silicon but it removes the silicon everytime you shampoo so it won't clog up but if you stop it will make your hair itchier if you don't remove it
I haven’t used shampoo for 3 weeks now and I’m still greasy I just use warm water

• Hmm...
Do you use any hairstyling products? Because I wonder if you can do no poo if u use them
I don't use anything except for cold water and a wash clothe. I only shampoo my hair rarely like if I go in a pool because of chlorine. I think if you use things like gel you need to shampoo since water won't get rid of the gross stuff in gels as easily

I haven’t used shampoo for 3 weeks now and I’m still greasy I just use warm water
Yeah its going to take months man. Also don't do that unless if your a neet and don't need to care. Gradually increase the interval you go without shampooing. Every week add another gap. If you do it the way you are doing it you will feel and look gross for a month before things look better.

• +1
Reactions: poopmaster22
Yeah its going to take months man. Also don't do that unless if your a neet and don't need to care. Gradually increase the interval you go without shampooing. Every week add another gap. If you do it the way you are doing it you will feel and look gross for a month before things look better.
I have no friends anyway so if I don’t use shampoo at all just warm showers with cold at the end how long do you think it would take for my hair to be good again?

• Hmm...
I have no friends anyway so if I don’t use shampoo at all just warm showers with cold at the end how long do you think it would take for my hair to be good again?
For one what does a warm shower mean? If its physically hot to the touch turn it down lukewarm is about the temperature of a swimming pool so it should be at least a little cold at first.

Also I would recommend you shampoo in intervals at first. The issue is your hair won't lose the oil on it when it produces it in excess. So if you shampoo every now and then you will look better.

For me its taken about 3 months (but I never noticed since I did this super slow) if I were to try what your doing I would have looked disgusting. Another thing to take into consideration if your hair size I have a lot of hair so it took longer but if you have a short cut your hair naturally accumulates less oil.

plan on it for a few months and buy silicon free shampoo and shampoo once a week until your hair starts adapting or do what I did with intervals of time.

For one what does a warm shower mean? If its physically hot to the touch turn it down lukewarm is about the temperature of a swimming pool so it should be at least a little cold at first.

Also I would recommend you shampoo in intervals at first. The issue is your hair won't lose the oil on it when it produces it in excess. So if you shampoo every now and then you will look better.

For me its taken about 3 months (but I never noticed since I did this super slow) if I were to try what your doing I would have looked disgusting. Another thing to take into consideration if your hair size I have a lot of hair so it took longer but if you have a short cut your hair naturally accumulates less oil.

plan on it for a few months and buy silicon free shampoo and shampoo once a week until your hair starts adapting or do what I did with intervals of time.
I mean lukewarm. Nah no shampoo means nothing

• Hmm...
I mean lukewarm. Nah no shampoo means nothing
Its pretty easy tbh if you do it slowly you won't even notice it. If you do it fast its going to look bad for a while. Your hair won't adapt overnight it might take 2 months even but it can adapt to needing less shampoo much quicker

• +1
Reactions: poopmaster22
It might depend on your hair type it is legit for me tho. But the biggest warning is that it takes an insane amount of time for you hair to adapt. It took me 4 months of gradually decreasing shampoo for it to be like this.

The best way to do it is every week add a one day gap in between it. and allow it to very gradually adapt. Also before you slowly cut out shampoo make sure you stop taking any hot showers.

(Side note your supposed to use a specific type of shampoo first that removes silicon in your hair)
Bruh I just knew your were talking about shampoo not poo :ROFLMAO:

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 19769

Might try this honestly. Fuck it, I'll shower only with lukewarm or slightly cold, see how I'll do..been taking long long showers with hot water, seemingly does nothing.

• +1
Hot shower is death for the skin. If you've got any blemishes, a hot shower turns them f*cking red :blackpill::blackpill::blackpill:. I've stopped showering at my gym because the water there is way too hot and you can't turn the temp down. Retarded.

• +1
Might try this honestly. Fuck it, I'll shower only with lukewarm or slightly cold, see how I'll do..been taking long long showers with hot water, seemingly does nothing.
Hot shower is death for the skin. If you've got any blemishes, a hot shower turns them f*cking red :blackpill::blackpill::blackpill:. I've stopped showering at my gym because the water there is way too hot and you can't turn the temp down. Retarded.

Yeah cold showers are beneficial cause they wake you up its about the same as running in terms of how
much your blood starts flowing.

But you only need to stop using hot water in order to see skin benefits. Its not that cold showers are great for your skin just that hot water damages skin.

Your destroying complex oil layers on your skin with the heat do you think any of your ancestors bathed with boiling hot water. The benefits of a sauna or hot water are only good if you did it once a month but if you do it everyday you are raping your skin

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
Shower theory isn’t cope anymore

• +1
pores can't be closed or opened. They're ever so slightly tightened by cold water and it only happens after long minutes of exposure

• Hmm...
Reactions: sub5inchcel
Shower theory isn’t cope anymore
If you are taking hot showers its almost worse then taking no showers. But you can get the benefits of smelling good and not ruining your skin if you just don't take hot showers.

But for sure humans were not meant to expose themselves daily to boiling water then dose their hair and skin with chemicals

Also its important everyday to change clothes I know this sounds basic. But I was a neet and would change my outfit every 4 days. You can go a week with no shower and its not that bad but if you wear the same clothes the sweat festers on the cloth thats what causes people to reek. If you wear the same thing a lot. But I don't even use bar soap or deodorant usually and I smell pretty decent as long as I take a cold shower.

You can get away with everyday 2-3 days if you aren't physically active but if you run/lift do it at least every other day ideally daily

Last edited:
Yeah cold showers are beneficial cause they wake you up its about the same as running in terms of how
much your blood starts flowing.

But you only need to stop using hot water in order to see skin benefits. Its not that cold showers are great for your skin just that hot water damages skin.

Your destroying complex oil layers on your skin with the heat do you think any of your ancestors bathed with boiling hot water. The benefits of a sauna or hot water are only good if you did it once a month but if you do it everyday you are raping your skin
Seems about right regarding heat actually doing damage.
Been washing less and using only lukewarm or cold water and I'm noticing improvement in skin composition in terms of oil and whatever.
Somewhat better hair aswell, though not much different, I didn't use shampoo before anyway. Plus I just got back from a hospital and haven't really washed my hair very much during the week I was there becuz the showers are tiny and kinda gross so idk (still washed a bit). But I like it right now, Im gonna wash less then I did before and wihtout hot water.

I used to wash my face well with hot water up to 10 times a day or every time I came across a faucet, and also shower 2 very long, high temperature showers in the morning and before bed; each time time finishing with cold water as an effort to tighten the pores after cleaning them.
Anyway those habits did absolutely nothing for my acne, I think it really does mess something up with natural skin and whatever. I can't "really" clean my pores like I imagine, emphasis on this. because for a long time I thought you could clean pores, basically it's a bit different then I imagined, i guess it's a complex organelle

Now I just wash with lukewarm at reasonable times, just to clean literal dirt and dead skin cells off the very surface. Same for shower and benefit goes for rest of my body, my chest and back skin has a better composition, I have acne and shit there too..

Anyway thanks for making this thread bro, I think I really did damage for a long time xD

• +1