COLD SHOWERS VS LUKEWARM SHOWERS

looksmidder

looksmidder

Zephir
title, does anyone know which is better overall??

cold showers: wake you up, neuropeptide y increase, test increase, (apparently?) but raise cortisol

lukewarm showers: no specific benefits but no specific drawbacks

i would argue that lukewarm are better because you avoid the cortisol increase (assuming that isn’t bs) and you can ice your face separately but i don’t know if you gain any of the other benefits that way.

can anyone confirm whether these pros and cons are actually true and which is better overall?

• +1
Reactions: thecel and ArcticStorm
idk but u save on the bills tho.

edit : seems cold showers mog

unless acne-cel?

this is all off WebMD so idk

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: thecel, ArcticStorm, BongMog and 1 other person
Cold Showers Mog Definitely

• +1
Reactions: looksmidder
No shower mogs , just jump into a manhole

cold showers make my skin shinny

cold showers indefinitely. I rarely had illnesses cold showering in comparison to hot.
honestly just test it out for yourself to see which you prefer, since I went through a lot of mental fear from trying to endure them but I just loved how I felt afterwards so in terms of pain it gives me a drive. May not be the same for everyone

• +1
cold showers indefinitely. I rarely had illnesses cold showering in comparison to hot.
honestly just test it out for yourself to see which you prefer, since I went through a lot of mental fear from trying to endure them but I just loved how I felt afterwards so in terms of pain it gives me a drive. May not be the same for everyone
do you know if it actually raises cortisol or no? i never had any fear of them but apparently it can still increase cortisol when you’re in the shower

do you know if it actually raises cortisol or no? i never had any fear of them but apparently it can still increase cortisol when you’re in the shower
cold shower increases cortisol during the shower but it is reduced afterwards and you feel better

it clears your mind, increases test, and you feel less stressed once you endured it

it burns some calories too in comparison with a lukewarm shower

• +1
Reactions: mog222 and looksmidder
what the guy above me said

• +1
cold shower increases cortisol during the shower but it is reduced afterwards and you feel better

it clears your mind, increases test, and you feel less stressed once you endured it

it burns some calories too in comparison with a lukewarm shower
so it reduces cortisol overall or does it even out?

so it reduces cortisol overall or does it even out?

I only have my own experience with cold showers but for me it reduces more cortisol than increasing it overall

yeah you will have a few minutes of cortisol-maxxed torture but after that it will calm you

• +1
Just have a warm shower then finish it off with a burst of cold

If you're gymceling I think lukewarm showers are better, they'll help you relax and reduce risk of injury by recovering faster.

At least that's what I've noticed from experience