Colouring is a looks multiplier

Light skin, brown hair and brown eyes.
like sure you would look better with blue eyes but your coloring is already good so I think its fine

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 17791
like sure you would look better with blue eyes but your coloring is already good so I think its fine
I'll edited my face with blue eyes and it's a very big ascension. I can't cope.

I'll edited my face with blue eyes and it's a very big ascension. I can't cope.
I wouldn't worry about it, I have it worse since I'm recessed which is an objectively bad trait to have. eye color is just something nice

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 17791
I wouldn't worry about it, I have it worse since I'm recessed which is an objectively bad trait to have. eye color is just something nice
It's over.

Are you mewing? How bad is your recession?

SMV=A
Ratios=B
Colouring=C

A=B*C

If 10/10 is the maximum possible SMV, lets assume that with plane colouring, your maximum SMV (face only) is 8/10. So the best colouring (north atlantid) would have a multiplier of 1.25.

A=8*1.25
A=10

So each colouring would have a maximum possible looks level. I'm not sure what the multiplier for all would be yet, you'll have to look at an example of a phenotype with perfect/near perfect colouring to find the multiplier. I already know that north atlantid already has the maximum possible multiplier.

For a north atlantid, their looks level for each level of ratios is as follows.

1=1.25
2=2.5
3=3.75
4=5/10
5=6.25
6=7.5
7=8.75
8=10

Lets assume that gingers have a looks multiplier of 0.75. Basically as strong as north atlantid but in the opposite direction.

1=0.75
2=1.5
3=2.25
4=3
5=3.75
6=4.5
7=5.25
8=6

As you can see, it takes having just 6.66 ratios to even be considered a 5/10 as a ginger while a north atlantid only has to have 4 ratios to be a 5/10.

A ginger can only ever be a 6/10 while a north atlantid can be a 10. That's a difference of 4 points which is night and day.

Why is this useful? It shows that colouring becomes more important at higher looks levels. someone with 1 ratios would only deviate about 0.5 points, which is tiny and not very noticeable but is massive once you have high level ratios. This is good because it shows phenotype and race doesn't matter when you're ugly, blue eyes wont ascend an ugly eye area but will massively improve a top tier eye area.

This is better than simply adding a point or two depending on colouring because a north atlantid with 1 ratios will be turned into a 2 or even a 3 which is obviously not reflective of reality, a severely deformed atlantid isn't going to be rated a 3/10 but they might be rated a 1.25/10.

@ForeverRecession
@Erik-Jón
@Moggie
@enchanted_elixir
@B.T.N.O.M.A
@StrangerDanger
@fucclife
@StreegeReturn
@PCT01
@TRUE_CEL
@LMSMaxxer
@Stopping@Nothing19
@Nameless_Sunflower
@uglymug2
@Octillionaire
I agree with you on a basic level, however objectively the multiplier for gingers should be around 0.5, hence a guy with such grotesque colouring cannot ever exceed a psl 4/10 on the rating scale.

go on, define subjectivity and objectivity to me. Doesn't change the fact certain colour palletes are more attractive then others.
That's why the tawny/blond lion is the king of beasts rather than the carrot-hued tiger, despite the latter being bigger and stronger (that as well as the lion being a social animal= NT).