extreme-overthinker

                                                  
This fucking virus
imageCarousel.imageformat.lightbox.jpg

Manages to reproduce despite being a literal non-life form

This incomprehensibly small bacterium

F1.large__0.jpg

Does just that

If you try and actively fail to reproduce within your lifetime

you are literally worth less than a fucking virus.

@VST

• +1
Reactions: Immanuel
True, it's fucking over.:feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope:

Oh Really

Wrong forum.

I didn't know human worth was unidimensionally associated with their ability to procreate, interesting moral view of humanity.

I didn't know human worth was unidimensionally associated with their ability to procreate, interesting moral view of humanity.
Looking back on it, I don't agree with this. It was more of a spur-of-the-moment low effort post which I needed to write in order to calm myself. It just seemed insane to me how our ancestors would have most likely had a family and kids by their early to mid-20s while we are stuck in this hell. Take it as you will.

Looking back on it, I don't agree with this. It was more of a spur-of-the-moment low effort post which I needed to write in order to calm myself. It just seemed insane to me how our ancestors would have most likely had a family and kids by their early to mid-20s while we are stuck in this hell. Take it as you will.

Welcome to this advanced technological world where women sexual selection has been hijacked to unreasonable heights, this forum is a by-product of this absurdity in an attempt to match those expectations which are in fact unattainable for many individuals that have a very poor phenotype to begin with.

The age at which most humans reproduce has been determined by evolution, the majority of which happened in the context of humans whose life expectancy was only 30-35 years old. It's no wonder we've evolved to having kids early.

The Industrial Revolution has improved living conditions so much that we have more than doubled our life expectancy since then. Evolution hasn't caught up, so the instinct is still to have kids early. But fuck evolution, we've bypassed it with our brains and the culture we've developed with them. We now have way more time to reproduce and people are starting to hold off on having families until they're in their 30's. There are guys waiting until their 40's now.

The advantage of waiting is that the kid is raised by parents with more intellectual maturity and more experience of life, so they are more likely to grow up intelligent and balanced. When people have kids at 21 it's basically kids raising kids. Children are like video cameras up until the age of 5 - all of their experiences and interactions are recorded and assimilated into their intellectual development. You absolutely shape them as a person in the first 5 years by your behavior in front of them. When children are shaped by parents who are still immature and naive as fuck, it's reflected in their personality. Best time to have kids is in your early to mid 30's in my opinion. Get a career and some life experience under your belt first.

• +1
Reactions: hybriderr
The age at which most humans reproduce has been determined by evolution, the majority of which happened in the context of humans whose life expectancy was only 30-35 years old. It's no wonder we've evolved to having kids early.

The Industrial Revolution has improved living conditions so much that we have more than doubled our life expectancy since then. Evolution hasn't caught up, so the instinct is still to have kids early. But fuck evolution, we've bypassed it with our brains and the culture we've developed with them. We now have way more time to reproduce and people are starting to hold off on having families until they're in their 30's. There are guys waiting until their 40's now.

The advantage of waiting is that the kid is raised by parents with more intellectual maturity and more experience of life, so they are more likely to grow up intelligent and balanced. When people have kids at 21 it's basically kids raising kids. Children are like video cameras up until the age of 5 - all of their experiences and interactions are recorded and assimilated into their intellectual development. You absolutely shape them as a person in the first 5 years by your behavior in front of them. When children are shaped by parents who are still immature and naive as fuck, it's reflected in their personality. Best time to have kids is in your early to mid 30's in my opinion. Get a career and some life experience under your belt first.

-I agree that children raised by older parents are indeed smarter and more mature in personality. This is probably because of the added mental stimulation and better living conditions brought about by job security / higher wages later on in life. I believe there are even a couple studies supporting this.

- Though I have also read that children born to younger parents may have longer lifespans and better overall health. Makes sense since the quality of male sperm begins to degrade in the 30s-40s (age at which you suggest men should procreate). As for women, they should not be having babies in their 30s - if not for modern medicine, many of that couldn't get pregnant or deliver safely at all.

- It's just not possible to have a large extended family in your mid 30s to early 40s. I don't know about your family history and so I shouldn't' assume anything, but my ancestors, for example, had kids in their late teens to early 20s, dozens of them, all healthy and cared for, and all turned out to be successful and productive members of society. Of course, the world has changed since then and reproducing at such an age is just totally unfeasible, maybe even socially unacceptable. I still want to reproduce at a young age, though. Perhaps the majority of men do not truly mature beyond their teenage character and impulses until their 30s, but there are exceptions, and I do think of myself as being mature and experienced enough to properly raise a child even at such young of an age.

-I agree that children raised by older parents are indeed smarter and more mature in personality. This is probably because of the added mental stimulation and better living conditions brought about by job security / higher wages later on in life. I believe there are even a couple studies supporting this.

- Though I have also read that children born to younger parents may have longer lifespans and better overall health. Makes sense since the quality of male sperm begins to degrade in the 30s-40s (age at which you suggest men should procreate). As for women, they should not be having babies in their 30s - if not for modern medicine, many of that couldn't get pregnant or deliver safely at all.

- It's just not possible to have a large extended family in your mid 30s to early 40s. I don't know about your family history and so I shouldn't' assume anything, but my ancestors, for example, had kids in their late teens to early 20s, dozens of them, all healthy and cared for, and all turned out to be successful and productive members of society. Of course, the world has changed since then and reproducing at such an age is just totally unfeasible, maybe even socially unacceptable. I still want to reproduce at a young age, though. Perhaps the majority of men do not truly mature beyond their teenage character and impulses until their 30s, but there are exceptions, and I do think of myself as being mature and experienced enough to properly raise a child even at such young of an age.

The large extended family thing is a holdover from when life was so hard (a pitiful subsistence), most kids died in childbirth or before the age of 10. Therefore the instinct was to have as many kids as possible in order to guarantee at least a couple survived. If all of those kids were surviving during those times, the parents wouldn't have been able to feed them all. Now that we've slashed infant mortality rates and most kids survive into adulthood, the need for large extended families has subsided and people are having fewer kids.