Computer games: cut it out or use it?

K

kantero

Bronze
When you're finally try to looksmax, there are a lot of things you need to learn and deepen in. Also you need a lot of time now to do all those things.
BUT
We're not robots and we can't just work and improve ourselves 100% of time. We also need to have fun and relax.

The thing is I knew some guy, he is kinda rich and sucessful (director of his own company) and i was his rigt hand in a clan of some game. 4 years ago I already knew what Testosterone is and why you need it. That guy always said that when i play i must improve my skill to be winner = get more Testosterone from it.

Questions are:
Should I force/try to get fun and "winner-testosterone" only from real-life experience and cut out maximally all games and other stuff?
Should I play games for dopamine (interesting games) rush or for Testosterone (competetive games) rush?

What's your opinion on this stuff?

• +1
Reactions: LostYouth, Deleted member 8576 and Deleted member 6401
I only play competitively. Winning is a great test booster.

Drop all casual play. Play to win everytime

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401

Half-Life 2 was successfully uninstalled from your computer :chad:

• +1
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Deleted member 616
since i started smurfing to stomp low IQ players my T levels went from 700 to 1125 due to winning way more than usual, i'm starting to grow in height already

• +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: LostYouth, Deleted member 8576, Deleted member 6401 and 4 others
I would say play games to reward yourself for being productive.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Veganist, Peruvian and 2 others
I would say play games to reward yourself for being productive.
Do you have enough self-control to stick to your rule? I honestly do not, that's why quitting cold turkey would be better for me. The dopamine rush makes me too addicted and the addiction makes me unproductive.

• +1
Reactions: LostYouth and Deleted member 6401

That sounds good but unless you're a pro player I find what works for me Is smoking weed and playing only on Friday nights. Ofc I spent the week doing productive stuff

I feel Is More a reward than a test Booster. In any case sports would be a better alternative for that
since i started smurfing to stomp low IQ players my T levels went from 700 to 1125 due to winning way more than usual, i'm starting to grow in height already
I stopped looking for that mmr. Now I just have a productive week and play only on firday nights as a troll and just fucking the game for my team. Only turbo ganes tho

• +1
Do you have enough self-control to stick to your rule? I honestly do not, that's why quitting cold turkey would be better for me. The dopamine rush makes me too addicted and the addiction makes me unproductive.
I do not have a functioning gaming computer and I pretty much barely play video games on my laptop. I would say it is doable, but stay away from it if you are just too addicted

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Deleted member 39
I will get rid of my PS4 but still play racing games and simulators like XPlane on my computer. Too much of a car and plane fanatic to stop that.

• +1
Videogames are a total waste of time. Stop it NOW.

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: LostYouth and Deleted member 6401
Videogames are a total waste of time. Stop it NOW.
Why though? Surely good looking men can play all the video games they want and still slay?

• +1
Why though? Surely good looking men can play all the video games they want and still slay?
I would still consider it a waste of time. They could use the extra time to educate themselves, and become better at something that aids survival and reproduction.

• +1
I would still consider it a waste of time. They could use the extra time to educate themselves, and become better at something that aids survival and reproduction.
Life is about satisfaction and self-improvement to be able to get that satisfaction.
Games are good, but must be litimed for those who are on the stage of "self-improvement"

• +1
I used to like simulation games but now I've basically replaced them with more passive forms of entertainment (like movies or tv shows). I really liked the multitasking and the micromanagement of war games and civilization-building games.

• +1
Only use it if your life is unbearable and you need a distraction. It's escapism.

• +1

This. I have gotten so good at a few games that I'm actually near professional level or at professional level or was at one point. Too bad none of them are popular and no one cares about them.

This is most likely due to being an autist because I get super involved in the game and get great at it then just drop it because it gets boring and I don't touch it for months or years

• +1
They say video games are good for your brain. It might help with alertness and problem solving.

• +1
Playing PC games past 18 is a massive waste of time and juvenile. It's a huge time sink and will prevent you from engaging with people irl as it allows for a copout and increases the opportunity cost of doing long-term things.

• +1
Reactions: LostYouth, Deleted member 6401, Cretinous and 1 other person
Playing PC games past 18 is a massive waste of time and juvenile. It's a huge time sink and will prevent you from engaging with people irl as it allows for a copout and increases the opportunity cost of doing long-term things.

The guy who spends all his time running Battlecam and doing user interviews on youtube is a billionaire (although by inheritance but still). Just do whatever you want in life. Only very insecure people quit doing a hobby they love because other people don't like it.

Also some multimillionaires like Kim Dotcom are world top 1-5 players in shooters like CoD. He can spend entire weekends playing it while not running his businesses, guy is 44 years old with multiple kids

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Nibba
For sure you can find anecdotal evidence towards the fact that people can be successful despite gaming. Generally, though the mechanism of the argument stands, gaming is a time sink with no long-term rewards (unless you're pro etc which realistically you're not going to be).

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Cretinous and middayshowers
reported

• +1
Reactions: psl7 fatty and Deleted member 685
I regret wasting my life away on vidya

• +1
Reactions: LostYouth
Absolute waste

The guy who spends all his time running Battlecam and doing user interviews on youtube is a billionaire (although by inheritance but still). Just do whatever you want in life. Only very insecure people quit doing a hobby they love because other people don't like it.

Also some multimillionaires like Kim Dotcom are world top 1-5 players in shooters like CoD. He can spend entire weekends playing it while not running his businesses, guy is 44 years old with multiple kids

yeah and some people manage to maintain a cocaine habit and stay above water and highly functional for decades. YOU AINT ONE OF THEM.

>/s :soy:

• +1
Reactions: fukmylyf and Swagwaffle
Do whatever helps you cope.

the moment i stopped playing i started posting on forums

Video games are a good cope

• +1
Reactions: Tabula Rasa and Deleted member 1106
Video games are a good cope
tumblr_prk8pebQHz1sk2kqwo1_500.gif

• Love it
Reactions: Time Travel
video games are an excellent cope
they always make me enjoy myself and distract me from negative anxious thoughts

i wished i never stopped playing computer games

if you waste time on computer games its your mind that is the problems not the computer games

if you dont fix your mind you will waste your time with other shit like forums for example

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: DidntRead, Tiddlywink, DoctorPMA and 1 other person
That guy always said that when i play i must improve my skill to be winner = get more Testosterone from it.
Does winning in a competitive game actually boosts ur testosterone? Is it a meme?

Makes zero difference

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 685 and Demir
I mean you're not looksmaxxing 24/7 are you

you mean it went from 200 to 225

• JFL
Reactions: Arkantos
Better to put that time into hobbies that will help you get girls

Even chad needs hobbies or something interesting that sets him apart

games are for nerds:incel::incel::geek::geek:

i used to play a lot but had to quit because i had a wooden pc,now i just waste my time watching streamers

good cope for <5
a waste of time for people that can do better if they actually had a social life

Yes

Yeah go play fortnite bro watch your jaw slowly fade into your neck

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: LostYouth, SikKunt and Deleted member 685
NECRO BABY WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• JFL
Reactions: Be_ConfidentBro