Consensus on fixing lower scleral show

Cristiano88

Cristiano88

Bronze
What is the consensus for fixing lower scleral show(2mm) + under eye hollows?
In my case it is because of recessed maxilla.

From what i read the best solution seems infraorbital saddle rim implants(for scleral show) and the release of the ligaments of the tear trough for the tear trough hollowness.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8988
lower lid retraction post pics btw

I posted pics in other threads and in general i notice that people get distracted.
I posted pics asking about this and the answers i got were:
"It s over", "rope", "it never began", "you are norwood 10".
2 different ophtalmologists confirmed the scleral show and the reason behind it but they don t do infraorbital rim implants around here.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8988, Deleted member 2729 and bogii
I posted pics in other threads and in general i notice that people get distracted.
I posted pics asking about this and the answers i got were:
"It s over", "rope", "it never began", "you are norwood 10".
2 different ophtalmologists confirmed the scleral show and the reason behind it but they don t do infraorbital rim implants around here.
what did they say?
i don’t think scleral show has to do with infraorbital bone projection but with the shape of the orbital bone which can only be fixed with a saddle. that’s my theory since i see tons of guys with shit under eye projection with tight lower lids

lefort 1 to fix the actual cause of the pathology

• +1
Reactions: Cristiano88
what did they say?
i don’t think scleral show has to do with infraorbital bone projection but with the shape of the orbital bone which can only be fixed with a saddle. that’s my theory since i see tons of guys with shit under eye projection with tight lower lids
I fully agree with you. I think only saddle implants can fix this.(apart from lefort).

What did they say? They recommended me to do fillers. They only recommend procedures that they do themselves.
So the money can go to them

• +1
Have y’all seen this result? It’s without infraorbital rim

He looks better in the after.
However he had zero scleral show in the before.
From what i see they cut his eyelid and tightened it up so that his eye exposure is smaller. In theory this could also help me but i would have to ask the doctor to be sure.

• +1
Reactions: Deprived

Just implants can't fix the issue if you have a loose lower eyelid, would need pics to determine this though. Getting some sort of lower eyelid retraction surgery such as canthopexy is required and it usually comes cheaper if you do it with implants.

This is what tear trough implants would look like without any soft work being done on the lower eyelid

• +1