Convince me that making money other than a job is not a scam

B

blackpilled I lost

Banned
I tried to create a business for two years and got no where.

I really do think its better to just work a job and not risk losing money to shitty get rich scams.

I do want to be proven wrong as I hate the fact I am financially stuck.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: thereallegend, randomvanish, AlexBrown84 and 1 other person
well with business its like hypergamy only like top x % succeed or make decent money.

either be in that top x % that succeed or work a job

or just keep putting your job money into it until it works

• +1
Reactions: Kingcel32, thereallegend, currylightskin and 4 others
Index Fund?

• +1
Reactions: blackpilled I lost
Index Fund?
Index Funds are legit. In my case though everyone in my country is forced to invest 10% of their income in managed stock funds. So everyone is already doing it and your results are based off how much money you had to invest in the first place.

Based scientist Aubrey De Grey humanity would be way better off if we were able to live at our prime age. It annoys me that people would prefer us to die of old age instead of trying to stop our death.

• +1
Reactions: dreamcake1mo and Hipcel
yeah man wageslave for surgery ! i dont got that time to make a success business

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer
Based scientist Aubrey De Grey humanity would be way better off if we were able to live at our prime age. It annoys me that people would prefer us to die of old age instead of trying to stop our death.
Yeah unfortunately it won't happen within our lifetimes. Cryonicspilled and whenever age reversal comes, hope that the damage isn't too high for revival. I might make a cryonics guide, I'll tag you; you're blackpilled.

• +1
Reactions: blackpilled I lost
Its a pipe dream for most people

A lot of teenagers whove never worked a day in their life bark on about how being self employed is so GOAT cos muh freedom and muh work when you want muh whatever

reality is running a business- at least at the start when youre getting it up an running is way more stressfull than being a wageslave. Ig you want to take time off then you essentially lose money, no guranteed holiday pay like wageslave get. No sickpay either, if you become ill or unable to work it could fuck up your business.

Can work at reall well for some wherre it gets to the point where you just have to work a few hours a week to maintain things and can enjoy life the rest of the time- not reality for most people though

• +1
Reactions: Kingcel32, thereallegend and AlexBrown84
Can work reall well for some wherre it gets to the point where you just have to work a few hours a week to maintain things and can enjoy life the rest of the time- not reality for most people though
Why doxx meh

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot
I tried to create a business for two years and got no where.

I really do think its better to just work a job and not risk losing money to shitty get rich scams.

I do want to be proven wrong as I hate the fact I am financially stuck.
What business was it and what was your course of action to make it successful?

• +1
Reactions: Gonthar
Index Funds are legit. In my case though everyone in my country is forced to invest 10% of their income in managed stock funds. So everyone is already doing it and your results are based off how much money you had to invest in the first place.

I share the same views tbh. When it comes to investing, your success is mainly tied to how much capital you start of with in the first place. Yea, you could get lucky and turn 100$ into x1000, but to do such would take such a miracle that, the chances are similar to gambling, and even if made, Its pretty much a failure compared to if you would have had $10k x 1000. All forms of self employment sort of follow this blueprint where it requires a lot of capital to actually envision a realistic turnaround. So in the end it really is more reliant on what some call "luck" or proper placement more than it is effort. Getting rich while not being rich is a gamble! The more u try to do it the more your chances go up. Not to say its inherently irresponsible or a "Scam", but that's just what it is now and days. Its rarely a templet of "work hard and eventually you will see success" etc.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: thereallegend
We’re you VC backed? We’re you even backed by any company or bank? Did you even have £100,000 of your own money to invest in the business?

If not you were bound to fail

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer and thereallegend
We’re you VC backed? We’re you even backed by any company or bank? Did you even have £100,000 of your own money to invest in the business?

If not you were bound to fail
True words

To truly start a successful business you need three things
1. Connections. You need investors for and resources and the best way to do that is through knowing the right people. These connections can also get you publicity, which will help you when you start up.
2. An idea. You obviously have to know what you want your business to provide. It doesn’t have to reinvent the wheel, but it should be unique enough to separate itself from competitors but at the same time proven enough to actually seem useful to your consumer base.
3. Skill. You personally need to be skilled enough to either prove your own product or service actually benefit your consumer, or skilled enough to convince other people to do that for you. Skill also encompasses your self discipline and overall financial skill, along with the other necessary organizational and problem solving skills that business owners need.

I believe that most startup businesses fail either because they don’t have one of these requirements, or greatly overestimate one of them. There are of course other factors that could make a business rise or fall, such as one of these requirements being massive enough to compensate for the other two, and just being lucky enough could also work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back