Correlation sleep - acne

Deleted member 39

Deleted member 39

The Inferior
I had a 3 week holiday in which I slept around 8-11 hours every night. My skin improved.
Two days ago school started and now I have 5 new pimples. In just two days.
I only got 5-6 hours of sleep so I wonder if the lack of sleep aggravates acne.

Maybe it's just a coincidence. But I experienced this before already.

My skin improvement made me so happy and now it gets so much worse again...

Basically 4 months of accutane for nothing because it all came back within two days.

Lol.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Nibba, LooksJourney and 2 others
More sleep is better for literally everything, so this is certainly plausible. Less sleep also means more stress, which 100% leads to pimples and acne.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Nibba, Afrikancel and 5 others
More sleep is better for literally everything, so this is certainly plausible. Less sleep also means more stress, which 100% leads to pimples and acne.
Almost 1 AM now. Gotta get up at 6 AM. I'll have to embrace the upcoming acne breakouts then...

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
Almost 1 AM now. Gotta get up at 6 AM. I'll have to embrace the upcoming acne breakouts then...

I hate sleep too bro. Life is short enough as it is, and having to spend a third of it completely unconscious for the other 2 thirds to be of a decent quality is the ultimate form of existential torture.

No point worrying about it though. It is what it is. Go to sleep.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and CopeMaxxer
Yup, when I got an average of 3-4 hours of sleep per night last year in college my acne was BAD.

• +1
Damn it’s over then

• +1
acne is 100% diet

• +1
Poor sleep leads increased inflammation in the body, cortisol and all this other shit, it 100% can make your acne worse.
I hate sleep too bro. Life is short enough as it is, and having to spend a third of it completely unconscious for the other 2 thirds to be of a decent quality is the ultimate form of existential torture.

No point worrying about it though. It is what it is. Go to sleep.

How can you hate sleep? It’s litterally the only time you get relief from all the fucked up shit in your life, it’s like temp being dead for 8 hours.

• +1
I haven't sleep for 2 years and my acne has NEVER reappeared

• +1
Just start going to bed early theory.

• +1
Poor sleep leads increased inflammation in the body, cortisol and all this other shit, it 100% can make your acne worse.

How can you hate sleep? It’s litterally the only time you get relief from all the fucked up shit in your life, it’s like temp being dead for 8 hours.

I like to get shit done.

• +1
acne is 100% diet
Dude you are so wrong.
I don't eat any food that causes inflammation.
Acne is at least 60% genetic and 40% environmental.
My acne always got less severe when I did not fap, eat clean and all that stuff, but it would never completely disappear, because it's GENETIC.

• +1
I can confirm. As the other guy said, sleep is essential and affects everything in us.

• +1
Sleep is the main factor that lowers cortisol significantly.

Cortisol is the worst hormone for PSLers.

Sleepmaxxing is legit

• +1
I can confirm. As the other guy said, sleep is essential and affects everything in us.
Sleep is the main factor that lowers cortisol significantly.

Cortisol is the worst hormone for PSLers.

Sleepmaxxing is legit
So listening to all these motivational speakers can actually be counterproductive. They say "when you're sleeping, you're not achieving" and stuff like that, but the lack of sleep actually reduces our life expectancy and makes us feel like shit.

Sleepmaxing is crucical!

• +1
acne is 100% diet
Dude acne can't be chalked up to one thing. Maybe yours was but many people have a multitude of factors that cause it

• +1
Dude acne can't be chalked up to one thing. Maybe yours was but many people have a multitude of factors that cause it
I've never really had acne. I just heard a dermatologist say diet is the single biggest contributing factor to it.

• +1
I've never really had acne. I just heard a dermatologist say diet is the single biggest contributing factor to it.
Yeah it's a BIG factor but not 100%. Probably 50% of it, then the other stuff is all pretty minute

• +1
Diet is a big factor and the right diet will definitely improve the skin. However, acne cannot be cured just by having the right diet, especially if we are talking about severe acne.
I'm vegan which is the best diet for acne prone people.
Dairy made me break out bad, so this is the first product people should cut out.
After that comes sugar and meat.

• +1