Could i get the NHS to pay for my bimax?

brolyirony

brolyirony

Iron
I have a couple of issues with my jaw, being overbite, deep bite and jaw clicking while chewing, and generally recessed mandible and maxilla, does anyone know if I could convince the NHS to pay for my bimax to fix this mess and ascend? I'm considering pretending to have sleep apnea given i already have overbite and am usually pretty sleepy and cant concentrate very well, but im not sure if i actually do have sleep apnea and I dont want to go to an NHS place just for them to give me a CPAP and call it a day or even worse, discover I don't have it and put it on my medical record. has anyone else tried getting bimax via NHS and if so, how did it turn out? I know there was some guy trying to fake sleep apnea but pussied out when he had to take drugs that could potentially kill him if he overdosed to fool the test but I'm hoping they'll just believe me based on the overbite
Picsart 22 06 27 23 23 17 193

pictured: my recessed maxilla/overbite compared to some random guy i found off Google

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8988
I'm considering pretending to have sleep apnea
Britcels, this is where your taxpayer money is going if it happens. To fix recessedcels because they're too stingy to pay from their own wallet.

Maybe America's healthcare system isn't that bad afterall.

• +1
Reactions: untouchable_coper
Britcels, this is where your taxpayer money is going if it happens. To fix recessedcels because they're too stingy to pay from their own wallet.

being recessed is like having a disability. the government should pay for that.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member, tiresome96, Deleted member 8988 and 1 other person
being recessed is like having a disability. the government should pay for that.
There are far more serious cases that need to be fixed than his recessed jaw. When every Brit is fixed come back to me and that cheater above. And frankly I don't care. As long as he can breath normally it's cosmetic, let him pay from his fucking wallet, not taxpayer money.

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: qwertynineofive and ifyouwannabemylover

I'm a broke collegefag, I ain't got money to afford it rn, although once I land a stable job and start saving, I'm going to get bimax if I can't convince NHS to do it. besides, jaw surgery is one of the only surgeries that seriously can make someone ascend, not really a waste of money like fillers are if you ask me

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member, ifyouwannabemylover and Hipcel
There are far more serious cases that need to be fixed than his recessed jaw. When every Brit is fixed come back to me and that cheater above. And frankly I don't care. As long as he can breath normally it's cosmetic, let him pay from his fucking wallet, not taxpayer money.
well that's why he'll probably get put on a years long waiting list

there was a guy on reddit the other day who said he waited 15 years for nhs bimax :feelskek:

• JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 18879 and deepweb1298
well that's why he'll probably get put on a years long waiting list

there was a guy on reddit the other day who said he waited 15 years for nhs bimax :feelskek:
if I have to wait any more than 5 years im just paying for it myself

• +1
Reactions: ifyouwannabemylover
if I have to wait any more than 5 years im just paying for it myself
yeah honestly it's probably better to wagecuck your balls off for a while so you can pick a surgeon as well

yeah honestly it's probably better to wagecuck your balls off for a while so you can pick a surgeon as well
hopefully comsci job will be high paying enough to save 20-30k for alfaro without too much effort as long as i automate most of it

hopefully comsci job will be high paying enough to save 20-30k for alfaro without too much effort as long as i automate most of it
this is just my opinion but I think the "big names" are somewhat overrated and you don't necessarily need to go to one of those. what I would always do is get CBCT scans so you can get 3D planning and that way decide if you want to go through with a surgeon or not. problems usually occur when you just blindly trust some random surgeon without having simulations done. an unknown surgeon with a good plan can give you an equally good result as some big name for 20k less. at least if you think you can properly evaluate the simulation that the surgeon does. if you want to be 100 % sure then yeah, go to alfaro.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member and Deleted member 18879
this is just my opinion but I think the "big names" are somewhat overrated and you don't necessarily need to go to one of those. what I would always do is get CBCT scans so you can get 3D planning and that way decide if you want to go through with a surgeon or not. problems usually occur when you just blindly trust some random surgeon without having simulations done. an unknown surgeon with a good plan can give you an equally good result as some big name for 20k less. at least if you think you can properly evaluate the simulation that the surgeon does. if you wan to be 100 % sure then yeah, go to alfaro.
may consider that when I have more experience in jaw surgery and othodontics in general tbh:unsure:

• +1
may consider that when I have more experience in jaw surgery and othodontics in general tbh:unsure:
yea that's a good idea. I would always always always get your CBCTs done regardless of who you go to. going in blindly and hoping for a good result is stupid.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member
this is just my opinion but I think the "big names" are somewhat overrated and you don't necessarily need to go to one of those. what I would always do is get CBCT scans so you can get 3D planning and that way decide if you want to go through with a surgeon or not. problems usually occur when you just blindly trust some random surgeon without having simulations done. an unknown surgeon with a good plan can give you an equally good result as some big name for 20k less. at least if you think you can properly evaluate the simulation that the surgeon does. if you wan to be 100 % sure then yeah, go to alfaro.
Also go to blackpilled surgeons that are willing to lengthen a lot and do trimax which means genio and possibly angle implants if you really want to 'ascend'. If they tell you "muh you can't go above 9mm mandible" look for distraction osteogenesis. The majority of disappointing bimax afters I've seen are the ones that had within the single digit mm range of advancement.

• +1
Also go to blackpilled surgeons that are willing to lengthen a lot and do trimax which means genio and possibly angle implants if you really want to ascend. The majority of disappointing bimax afters I've seen are the ones that had within the single digit mm range of advancement.
that's why you should always get simulations. you should be able to see when a surgeon wants to give you shitty too little advancement.

They were gonna do it on me back in '17 just for being receded, the doctor said he had never seen anything quite like it. Sadly my teeth are rotten out now so can't do that. I believe your overbite has to be 6mm+ to qualify, but who knows.

As long as he can breath normally
I have breathing-blocked nose issues from recession maybe this will be the nail in the coffin for free bimax. Idk about implants though :feelshah: