Could someone verify the reputability & accuracy of this iq test

wastedspermcel

wastedspermcel

'I beat my meat into a cup'
Yes, I'm aware that 99% of IQ tests online are mostly bs and don't actually measure your intelligence properly, and you shouldn't interpret your results as your real IQ. This one stuck out to me because of this claim on their website and seeing the link a few times on the forum.

'This test has actually been studied by university researchers unaffiliated with this website. This is pretty unusual for an internet test. Katie Logos, Neil Brewer, and Robyn L. Young (2021) tested 64 undergraduates in lab with the WAIS-II and this test. The average FSIQ on the WAIS was 111 and the average FSIQ on this test was 107. So it looks like the difficulty of this test is not much different than the WAIS. The correlation between the two was r=0.57. This is lower than the correlation between the WAIS and the 2nd most popular IQ test which I calculate to be 0.67. So, this test does not appear to be as reliable as the top two professional IQ tests, but gets somewhat close. And this is expected as this test is designed to take much less time (15 minutes, versus 75 minutes for the WAIS).'​

Obviously the best thing to do in order to accurately measure IQ is doing the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale test, which I'll try find a copy of somehow

No, the only internet ones that somehow even resemble a real accurate test are ones that use Raven's Matrices methodology.

I can't find any good ones with a good web search in a few minutes, but the finnish mensa page has an internet home test that is quite decent, you might be able to do it with a translator. (test in itself has no finnish language)

• Hmm...
Reactions: wastedspermcel