News Creating a new account after deleting your old one

Sergeant

Sergeant

Admin
Joined
Aug 10, 2018
Posts
410
Reputation
2,086
We already allow users to delete their account, but currently if you do that then you can't ever come back to the site.
The reason for this is that allowing users to make new accounts after they delete their old one would be the equivalent to allowing alts (alternate accounts) or ban avoiding (making a new account after your old one is banned), which would be unfair to the rest of the users.

However, we're changing how account deletion works:

If you delete your account, you can make a new one after 365 days (1 year) passes.

This also applies retroactively to accounts that are already deleted.

(To clarify, if the deleted account was originally banned, this won't work. )

Hope this is good news for some of you,
Serge.
 
MadVisionary

MadVisionary

THAT'S SO COOOOL!!!!
Joined
Nov 27, 2019
Posts
4,762
Reputation
6,514
Time online
141d 7h 21m
 
Sergeant

Sergeant

Admin
Joined
Aug 10, 2018
Posts
410
Reputation
2,086
buckchadley31 said:
Not falling for your Jewish tricks, buddy
You dream of looksmax, you're already caught in the web

MadVisionary said:
In short, the number of users deleting their accounts is decreasing the number of views on the site, now we are hopeful that they will come back (and not come back)
Yes, keep giving me money by using the site for free with no ads
 
N1666

N1666

Joined
Feb 24, 2021
Posts
5,682
Reputation
8,940
Time online
41d 2h 9m
Location
Medellín
PrestonYnot

PrestonYnot

The Asian pill destroyed me
Joined
May 15, 2020
Posts
12,319
Reputation
21,344
Time online
134d 1h 53m
Location
Seoul, South Korea
Sergeant @Sergeant can u change the username and what about the content history?
 
mulattomaxxer

mulattomaxxer

ISEKAIMAXXING ROPING IN 2022
Joined
Mar 10, 2020
Posts
2,220
Reputation
3,344
Time online
21d 6m
Ok, I guess I will rope this account once I have ascended then create a new account to post ascension pictures. I have said way to much dunb shit to assossiate my face with this account.
 
Sergeant

Sergeant

Admin
Joined
Aug 10, 2018
Posts
410
Reputation
2,086
PrestonYnot said:
Sergeant @Sergeant can u change the username and what about the content history?
It's a new account, you can pick whichever username you want. Clean slate.

mulattomaxxer said:
Ok, I guess I will rope this account once I have ascended then create a new account to post ascension pictures. I have said way to much dunb shit to assossiate my face with this account.
Don't underestimate how much time 1 year is.
 
PrestonYnot

PrestonYnot

The Asian pill destroyed me
Joined
May 15, 2020
Posts
12,319
Reputation
21,344
Time online
134d 1h 53m
Location
Seoul, South Korea
Sergeant said:
It's a new account, you can pick whichever username you want. Clean slate.


Don't underestimate how much time 1 year is.
I like the subtle changes u made btw. The ui looks more clean and organized now.
 
A

abeilletoi

Trainee
Joined
May 13, 2021
Posts
15
Reputation
13
Time online
2d 14h 7m
Sergeant said:
We already allow users to delete their account, but currently if you do that then you can't ever come back to the site.
The reason for this is that allowing users to make new accounts after they delete their old one would be the equivalent to allowing alts (alternate accounts) or ban avoiding (making a new account after your old one is banned), which would be unfair to the rest of the users.

However, we're changing how account deletion works:

If you delete your account, you can make a new one after 365 days (1 year) passes.

This also applies retroactively to accounts that are already deleted.

(To clarify, if the deleted account was originally banned, this won't work. )

Hope this is good news for some of you,
Serge.
I fucked up while registering my account and accidentally misspelled (or more precisely, left out a word at the end of) my nickname. Could admins help me with my problem? I thought about deleting and recreating the account but I've just learnt it's forbidden
 
Last edited:
GripMaxxing

GripMaxxing

The Castration Overlord
Joined
Apr 12, 2021
Posts
17,754
Reputation
13,834
Time online
55d 3h 11m
Location
The Sewers
Does this mean permabanned users cant come back if they deleted their account?
 
Yellow_fever_cel

Yellow_fever_cel

Gripmaxxing said
Joined
Apr 12, 2021
Posts
3,267
Reputation
6,743
Time online
35d 6h 33m
GripMaxxing said:
Does this mean permabanned users cant come back if they deleted their account?
Sergeant said:
(To clarify, if the deleted account was originally banned, this won't work. )
 
justadude

justadude

Zephir
Joined
Apr 8, 2020
Posts
5,036
Reputation
7,906
Time online
57d 20h 7m
Location
Slums of Mumbai
how is making a new account after deleting an old one ban avoiding if you werent banned on the one you deleted? and how is it an alt if the old one is deleted? the dude still only has 1 account
Sergeant said:
The reason for this is that allowing users to make new accounts after they delete their old one would be the equivalent to allowing alts (alternate accounts) or ban avoiding (making a new account after your old one is banned), which would be unfair to the rest of the users
 
Proex

Proex

215 IQ asexual psychopath
Joined
May 1, 2020
Posts
19,594
Reputation
42,160
Time online
181d 19h 44m
Location
Mars
does this mean if u make an alt then wait for a year then u can come back?

since u said making an acc after deleting ur acc is equivalent to making an alt then wouldnt it be logical to allow it?
 
Niko

Niko

‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎
Joined
May 27, 2019
Posts
9,944
Reputation
18,321
Time online
105d 1h 53m

Similar threads

PrestonYnot
Replies
22
Views
397
MarkCorrigan
MarkCorrigan
Deleted member 11852
Replies
13
Views
305
Patient A
Patient A
RoBobaFett999
Replies
77
Views
961
sandcelmuttcel
sandcelmuttcel

Users who are viewing this thread

Top