Crypto market crash

Baldingman1998

Baldingman1998

Kraken
What will happen? Is crypto forever dead? What about trading? Or mining?

I hope every bitcoin cuck dies so i can buy a fucking GPU

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: oatmeal, TsarTsar444, Deleted member 10524 and 16 others
Just the elite manipulating the market making it too volatile so they have a reason to regulate it
Bitcoin will die soon tho. And so will mining. Bitcoin is not the chosen coin

• +1
  • Woah
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Looks234, Patient A, highT and 6 others
Just the elite manipulating the market making it too volatile so they have a reason to regulate it
Bitcoin will die soon tho. And so will mining. Bitcoin is not the chosen coin
Mining will be less profitable after eip 1559 eth. But mining as a whole will not die unless a few years for now. I'm scared the market will stay crashed rbh

I hope every bitcoin cuck dies so i can buy a fucking GPU

Bitcoin needs to switch to PoS but the core dev team are the equivalent of boomers in the crypto space.

• So Sad
Reactions: buckchadley31
Mining will be less profitable after eip 1559 eth. But mining as a whole will not die unless a few years for now. I'm scared the market will stay crashed rbh
Nah it wont stay crashed for long.. everything that is happening now has been planned for decades lol.

Right now they started pushing the bad for environment card on bitcoin so it will most likely die soon. They will also regulate the market so expect 1% of crypto to stay alive. We are transitioning to digital money era and fiat will collapse soon
Mining will be dead because it is "bad for the environment".

• +1
Reactions: Looks234, Deleted member 6963 and Deleted member 2632
What will happen? Is crypto forever dead? What about trading? Or mining?

Mining - difficulty adjusts every couple of weeks. Mining will always become be worth it in the LR ... well if you're some massive Chinese mining rig at least.

Trading - even if it goes into a bear market trading is not gonna stop. Unless there is some black swan event like a mass exchange liquidity crisis, blanket gov. ban or some entity with quantum computing manages to brute force private keys... I don't think crypto is going anywhere. Institutions are too invested now.

At the latest low, we have retraced almost 50% from the ATH. There is a chance we are in a bear market because the previous cycles didn't recover from drops this big. Maybe we will never get a bull market like this again, or we are beginning a period of decline before a multi-year cycle to new highs. Alternatively, this was just a huge SR shakeout before an imminent climb to new ATHs. No one knows...

• So Sad
Reactions: Baldingman1998
p
Mining - difficulty adjusts every couple of weeks. Mining will always become be worth it in the LR ... well if you're some massive Chinese mining rig at least.

Trading - even if it goes into a bear market trading is not gonna stop. Unless there is some black swan event like a mass exchange liquidity crisis, blanket gov. ban or some entity with quantum computing manages to brute force private keys... I don't think crypto is going anywhere. Institutions are too invested now.

At the latest low, we have retraced almost 50% from the ATH. There is a chance we are in a bear market because the previous cycles didn't recover from drops this big. Maybe we will never get a bull market like this again, or we are beginning a period of decline before a multi-year cycle to new highs. Alternatively, this was just a huge SR shakeout before an imminent climb to new ATHs. No one knows...
50% drops in bull markets are common, this correction was only the 6th worst in history

there have been bigger ones.

• +1
Reactions: McMcDarnald, WadlowMaxxing, Baldingman1998 and 1 other person
p

50% drops in bull markets are common, this correction was only the 6th worst in history

Specifically in crypto?

• +1
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing and Baldingman1998
  • +1
Reactions: TheMewingBBC and Baldingman1998
  • So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: Patient A and lutte
p

At what stage of the cycle though? And over what timeframe? Yeah, bitcoin has dropped 80-90% over a whole cycle but a 50% drop overnight is huge. Consider the context of market size as well. When crypto was unknown, it was super illiquid and there were no proper exchanges to trade it on. It was ridiculously volatile and the market cap was tiny compared to what it is now. In terms of market value lost, it's a huge amount that has been lost overnight. Since 2017, there hasn't been anything close to an overnight 50% drop. The most I can remember was 40% when China (July 2017) did some kind of ban on mining and the price tanked from 5k to 3k.

We have also already gone up x20 from the low. There might be legs left in this run but wouldn't surprise me if we topped out already.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: TheMewingBBC and lutte
my mental is resistent after holding for like 2,5 years now
bro intjcel like me fuggiting him he give blowjob like legit

• JFL
Reactions: lutte
At what stage of the cycle though? And over what timeframe? Yeah, bitcoin has dropped 80-90% over a whole cycle but a 50% drop overnight is huge. Consider the context of market size as well. When crypto was unknown, it was super illiquid and there were no proper exchanges to trade it on. It was ridiculously volatile and the market cap was tiny compared to what it is now. In terms of market value lost, it's a huge amount that has been lost overnight. Since 2017, there hasn't been anything close to an overnight 50% drop. The most I can remember was 40% when China did some kind of ban on mining and the price tanked from 5k to 3k.

We have also already gone up x20 from the low. There might be legs left in this run but wouldn't surprise me if we topped out already.
that bitcoin craze was 4 years ago, crazy

At what stage of the cycle though? And over what timeframe? Yeah, bitcoin has dropped 80-90% over a whole cycle but a 50% drop overnight is huge. Consider the context of market size as well. When crypto was unknown, it was super illiquid and there were no proper exchanges to trade it on. It was ridiculously volatile and the market cap was tiny compared to what it is now. In terms of market value lost, it's a huge amount that has been lost overnight. Since 2017, there hasn't been anything close to an overnight 50% drop. The most I can remember was 40% when China did some kind of ban on mining and the price tanked from 5k to 3k.

its not the end of the bull run imo lol, firstly:

yes its significant but, these things are common as evidenced above... and u might argue again the "market cap" muh institutional investors etc etc, but lets have a look at this too:

aka, noobs are panic selling and long term hodlers are accumulating, and obviously when that happens there will be less in circulation and less money needed to move the price...

now, for my honest thoughts, i think BTC is a shit technology and even though all this environmentalist bullshit criticising is cope, it uses less electricity than gold mining, it still uses unrenewable energy a lot (that is due to change, but theres much more economical and environment friendly cryptos)

BTC will be never anything more than a store of value, other cryptos will overtake it, MC wise and functionality wise

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: TheMewingBBC, goat2x and Baldingman1998
View attachment 1145986

yes its significant but, these things are common as evidenced above... and u might argue again the "market cap" muh institutional investors etc etc, but lets have a look at this too:

View attachment 1145989

aka, noobs are panic selling and long term hodlers are accumulating, and obviously when that happens there will be less in circulation and less money needed to move the price...

now, for my honest thoughts, i think BTC is a shit technology and even though all this environmentalist bullshit criticising is cope, it uses less electricity than gold mining, it still uses unrenewable energy a lot (that is due to change, but theres much more economical and environment friendly cryptos)

BTC will be never anything more than a store of value, other cryptos will overtake it, MC wise and functionality wise
bitcoin is so shit, it's just speculation

View attachment 1145986

View attachment 1145989

Anything pre-gox was irrelevant because crypto was still in it's nascency. Yeah, Mt. Gox was a black swan and the drop from 2017-2018 was the start of the bear market, which took place over a year. Not a month - key difference. Relatively speaking, this is the biggest drop in a short timeframe is what I'm saying.

I agree with you on the flippening. I thought it would happen in the last market cycle but BTC managed to survive. I think it's still going strong off of network effects but we shouldn't dismiss it. First of all, all exchanges trade in BTC. The default liquidity gateway is BTC so it will always be valuable in the crypto world.

In terms of scaling, ETH 2.0 still hasn't been released on mainnet (it has been promised for years) and despite some upgrades, it still gets congested asf. Lots of bottlenecks and still has a low network capacity. Also, there are a lot of enterprise solutions that don't require crypto, but only the blockchain aspect. The only way a decentralised blockchain can scale to true global adoption is if the "decentralised" chains become more polymorphic in nature.

I haven't seen any progress in the crypto space. It's still the same speculatory bubble it was in 2017 and the tech hasn't actually advanced that much. At this point, retail interest in crypto has peaked. It needs more institutional interest to carry it to ATHs. Wouldn't surprise me if we need another market cycle for crypto to realise its tech potential.

• +1
Reactions: TheMewingBBC and turkproducer
bitcoin is so shit, it's just speculation
then why are you in it? also that might be true but you could say the same thing as gold
1. Anything pre-gox was irrelevant because crypto was still in it's nascency. Yeah, Mt. Gox was a black swan and the drop from 2017-2018 was the start of the bear market, which took place over a year. Not a month - key difference. Relatively speaking, this is the biggest drop in a short timeframe is what I'm saying.

2. I agree with you on the flippening. I thought it would happen in the last market cycle but BTC managed to survive. I think it's still going strong off of network effects but we shouldn't dismiss it. First of all, all exchanges trade in BTC. The default liquidity gateway is BTC so it will always be valuable in the crypto world.

3. In terms of scaling, ETH 2.0 still hasn't been released on mainnet (it has been promised for years) and despite some upgrades, it still gets congested asf. Lots of bottlenecks and still has a low network capacity. Also, there are a lot of enterprise solutions that don't require crypto, but only the blockchain aspect. The only way a decentralised blockchain can scale to true global adoption is if the "decentralised" chains become more polymorphic in nature.

4. I haven't seen any progress in the crypto space. It's still the same speculatory bubble it was in 2017 and the tech hasn't actually advanced that much. At this point, retail interest in crypto has peaked. It needs more institutional interest to carry it to ATHs. Wouldn't surprise me if we need another market cycle for crypto to realise its tech potential.
1. Are you certain this is the largest drop we've had in the smallest time frame?
2. Yes BTC is shit, I definitely think it will be flipped by next cycle or perhaps the one after that. Honestly it'll be a great thing for crypto, right now BTC dictates the market, no alts can do well if BTC isn't in a bull run generally
3. There are options far better than ETH
4. I don't think that's true entirely anyway, there's lots of room for institutional and retail investing, in fact, institutions are getting in RIGHT NOW I personally think we're in another accumulation phase but I'm not a psychic lol or even that knowledgeable

Is it speculative right now? Yes I do agree and I think it is, but you can say the same thing about anything. Look at the dot.com bubble in the early 2000s, it saw major volatility but eventually many tech stocks since back then have blossomed massively

I think you can't really lose if you HODL. The future is digital as cringey as that sounds, I really think crypto will be huge in 20 years

• +1
Reactions: AlwaysHaveQuestions, TheMewingBBC, EverythingMattersCel and 1 other person
then why are you in it? also that might be true but you could say the same thing as gold
speculation? gold has inherent value bitcoin's is imaginary. It's still real though

• +1
Reactions: turkproducer
speculation? gold has inherent value bitcoin's is imaginary. It's still real though
what is the value other than what we place on it?

gold is only used for coins and jewellery. literally the only reason its so valuable is because humans made it valuable

its used in electronics too but its still not a major component or anything lol. the same thing with bitcoin, both are stores of value

gold definitely is more valuable functionally but bitcoin is the original crypto and there is a limited supply, its seen as a store of value and honestly i really never think we will see a bitcoin that drops to below 5k or some shit and stays there forever

it'll always be valuable

Just wait for the next rise, next year, same month.

• +1
yes lol. this correction was the "6th worst" ever, which is significant but its not the worst by any means
you got something illustrating this?
to make sure i understand this correctly its the 6th worth with timespan adjusted? if i was to guess the top five occured during 2011, 2013 and 2020

View attachment 1145986

View attachment 1145989

nevermind the last post i see where you got that from. Yeah the timespan of each drop varies i dont think its a fair assessment to shrug this one off as the sixth largest.

loving the debate between turkproducer and everything maxxer. this is what this section should be about, sophisticated discussions and broscience analysis instead of engaging in memecoin dumbfoolery like that shib thread

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Baldingman1998 and turkproducer
nevermind the last post i see where you got that from. Yeah the timespan of each drop varies i dont think its a fair assessment to shrug this one off as the sixth largest.

loving the debate between turkproducer and everything maxxer. this is what this section should be about, sophisticated discussions and broscience analysis instead of engaging in memecoin dumbfoolery like that shib thread
Bro do you remember when @turkproducer ingested his life savings?

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 6403, TheMewingBBC and turkproducer
bruh i was talking about a time when i was 14😂😂 i wisened up a lot

blame my former fat fingers i can’t spell fuark

any thoughts on how long you think the bull run will be?

it seems to early to end and all the FUD makes me feel like we were only at a local top

I think crytpo is dying no way Rothschild is going to let people get away with a new currency

Evertime a country gets away from Rothschild paper, America declares war on em'

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 6403, Looks234 and Deleted member 6695
I think crytpo is dying no way Rothschild is going to let people get away with a new currency

Evertime a country gets away from Rothschild paper, America declares war on em'
They want the world using digital currency because it means more control to them. The only reason they created bitcoin was to get people into digital currency. Now that they have achieved their goal with it, theyre throwing it to the side and moving on with their plans.
The crypto market will be regulated soon. If you look into everything you will know which crypto will be the chosen ones. One in particular will go really high in value soon. Everything is revealed through simbolism by them..

This is just the beginning

Buy the dip soon, when it goes lower

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2632 and Deleted member 11167
yeah he came a long way
bruh i was talking about a time when i was 14😂😂 i wisened up a lot

blame my former fat fingers i can’t spell fuark

any thoughts on how long you think the bull run will be?

it seems to early to end and all the FUD makes me feel like we were only at a local top
i cant say long term but short term it pretty damn bearish
Fear index is near an all time low and sentiment analysis is showing strong bear signals
many indicators on the chart is pointing downwards
growing concerns for bitcoin's energy consumption and effects on the eco system (whether you believe them to be true or not) is widespread among investors and the press

Intuitively i think bitcoin will find a way to survive this and continue its march on. I came across very convincing and well elaborate refutations of the eco fud, and you got a lot of big investors in the field. i believe once the scare dies down the big guys will have some coordinated lowkey marketing countering any negative perception people have on bitcoin along with more adoption across everyday fields

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing, turkproducer and Baldingman1998
yeah he came a long way

i cant say long term but short term it pretty damn bearish
Fear index is near an all time low and sentiment analysis is showing strong bear signals
many indicators on the chart is pointing downwards
growing concerns for bitcoin's energy consumption and effects on the eco system (whether you believe them to be true or not) is widespread among investors and the press

Intuitively i think bitcoin will find a way to survive this and continue its march on. I came across very convincing and well elaborate refutations of the eco fud, and you got a lot of big investors in the field. i believe once the scare dies down the big guys will have some coordinated lowkey marketing countering any negative perception people have on bitcoin along with more adoption across everyday fields
can u pm me :y'all:

stick to selling kebabs

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2729, Deleted member 6403, Looks234 and 1 other person
I just deposited more into Binance , loving it

• +1
x8m77t8zei351.jpg

• JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: Gaia262 and Baldingman1998