CS vs Engineering

D

Deleted member 18784

Love is a dog from hell
Also, if you say engineering, which engineering discipline (mech, chem, ee, etc) would say is best, namely, from a jobs prospect standpoint (versatility)?

• +1
Reactions: angelo, poopoohead and blackincelibance209
I chose computer science. I'll unironically rope if I get cucked by AI.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: FlyingElephant, fauxfox, justinzayn and 10 others
CS

• +1
Reactions: FlyingElephant
Daily compsci vs engineering theead

• JFL
Reactions: bugeye and efidescontinuado
Medicine!

Unless you wanna be in a smelly room with a bunch of other autists

Instead you could be with a smelly cadavar and a bunch of foids

• JFL
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: 190mab, valhalar, FlyingElephant and 9 others
Better yet self study software engineering on ur own and get a job asap, engineering is shit tier, you will spend years in school learning useless crap and will be getting paid the same as a web developer that only spent 6 months self teaching or in a bootcamp + he will have higher earning potential + more job opportunities + it will be easier to set up own bussiness + will have more chances of moving into management (it's harder to replace engineering cucks so they'll want u to stay as one) + ability to work remote.

Tl;dr engineering is shit

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14392, Techno-Emperor and poopoohead
Engineering mogs. Higher status and better skills. CS is a reddit cuck job unless you have Tony Stark levels of intelligence.

• JFL
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: fauxfox, MoggerChad, babineux and 1 other person
Also, if you say engineering, which engineering discipline (mech, chem, ee, etc) would say is best, namely, from a jobs prospect standpoint (versatility)?
math mogs both.

Computer Engineering tho if I had to pick. MIS CS and CE are all fine.

Better yet self study software engineering on ur own and get a job asap, engineering is shit tier, you will spend years in school learning useless crap and will be getting paid the same as a web developer that only spent 6 months self teaching or in a bootcamp + he will have higher earning potential + more job opportunities + it will be easier to set up own bussiness + will have more chances of moving into management (it's harder to replace engineering cucks so they'll want u to stay as one) + ability to work remote.

+1000. Learning Full stack dev is wayyy more valuable than any engineering degree in the current state of the world. It allow you to adapt fast and create any SaaS Business you think of. High IQ post here.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14392
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Tylermax, Techno-Emperor and Deleted member 11126
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19453
Agreed. Math & Physics both mog.
Biggest downside of CS is the people in it. Some of the biggest losers. Other STEM majors are nerdy and more men but there are more normal people. CS is sort of like a magnet for any loser who uses their computer a lot. That was the only class in college where I felt high SMV. Math classes there are still some good looking guys or just normies who are nerdy. CS just seems uniquely bad

But MIS CE CS and other STEM majors if you self study coding will all get you the same jobs. CS majors are either autists or genuinely smart other STEM majors its more so people are smart they don't have as autistic of a fixation. A lot of math majors for example just end up with the same job as CS majors. But yeah Computer Engineering CS MIS or anything that uses a lot of math are good you really can't go wrong here

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: horizontallytall, Deleted member 3828, efidescontinuado and 2 others
Honestly its up to what you like the most, I have a cs degree and did a computer engineering degree after, I fucking hate circuits and learning useless shit like machine code I'm thinking of dropping out next month

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: poopoohead, Danish_Retard and Tylermax
Agreed. Math & Physics both mog.

lol the only thing that is going to be mogged is your life, you will be doing hard work for years learning useless crap you could learn on your own online and then you will end up with a useless degree as a lab rat slaving for pennies or as a teacher also slaving for pennies.

• JFL
Reactions: efidescontinuado
lol the only thing that is going to be mogged is your life, you will be doing hard work for years learning useless crap you could learn on your own online and then you will end up with a useless degree as a lab rat slaving for pennies or as a teacher also slaving for pennies.
Fr I have a buddy he been studying physics. He's in his 5th year now still hasn't graduated cuz of how difficult the school is and he's the most smart kid I've met in my life, he spent summers grinding to pass classes and he still struggling. Now he's basically working at a warehouse in a pharmacy...I also have a cousin who majors math and he dropped out in his 4th year and he's working as a server now lol. Tbh both majors are huge cope the only prospect is research (which is only good in advanced specific countries) or becoming a teacher getting min wage. Imagine grinding so many years to end up being a teacher. Most of the guys who study these things end up mixing them with computer science but again it's kinda stupid cuz you could just choose cs in the first hand without struggling with all the physics and theoritical math bs

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead and efidescontinuado
I do agree w/ the sentiment that the career path isn’t as smooth / clear as say a CS major, but those proficient in Math are coveted in a number of fields (fintech, data science, SWE, finance, etc.)

Fr I have a buddy he been studying physics. He's in his 5th year now still hasn't graduated cuz of how difficult the school is and he's the most smart kid I've met in my life, he spent summers grinding to pass classes and he still struggling. Now he's basically working at a warehouse in a pharmacy...I also have a cousin who majors math and he dropped out in his 4th year and he's working as a server now lol. Tbh both majors are huge cope the only prospect is research (which is only good in advanced specific countries) or becoming a teacher getting min wage. Imagine grinding so many years to end up being a teacher. Most of the guys who study these things end up mixing them with computer science but again it's kinda stupid cuz you could just choose cs in the first hand without struggling with all the physics and theoritical math bs

Or you could get some Ritalin and self teach full stack development in 3 months, lie about your age and having a cs degree or get a fake one and get a job at 18, or even better yet your parents should have been multimillionaires so you don't have to worry about this shit, parents who bring kids into this world and expect them to follow the rat race of study boring crap at university and be a slave for decades are extremely irresponsible parents and extremely evil and immoral stupid subhuman individuals.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Swarthy Knight, angelo, poopoohead and 1 other person
Or you could get some Ritalin and self teach full stack development in 3 months, lie about your age and having a cs degree or get a fake one and get a job at 18, or even better yet your parents should have been multimillionaires so you don't have to worry about this shit, parents who bring kids into this world and expect them to follow the rat race of study boring crap at university and be a slave for decades are extremely irresponsible parents and extremely evil and immoral stupid subhuman individuals.
1st of all full stack development is a cope term. I have friends that been studying programming since they were 10 years old and they still can't call themselves full stack and you think you can learn front end and back end in 3 months? You people here are crazy 🤣

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead and Deprived
Self teach too 😭

• JFL
  • +1
1st of all full stack development is a cope term. I have friends that been studying programming since they were 10 years old and they still can't call themselves full stack and you think you can learn front end and back end in 3 months? You people here are crazy 🤣

meanwhile drolling retards self teach web dev in a few months with free resources online and get a 6 figures job, your friends are a bunch of mentally retarded underage subhumans

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead
cs is less demanding, has more jobs, and higher starting salaries. As for AI replacing programmers, engineering is much more automatable. But I am a singularity denier anyway so I don't really pay attention to this shit (can go into detail why if u want)

engineers have to do shitty calc sequence and then end up in uninteresting work (imo) unless they go to grad school for chip design or smth

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead and Deleted member 11126
Self teach too 😭

self teaching mogs everything, if you are truly passionate about a field you will brutally mog in less than 2 years any retard that spent years and years in university gettinga bachelors + master + phd in a field, why? because you will be dedicating every waking moment to learning about that which you like

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: poopoohead and Adamsmith12345
meanwhile drolling retards self teach web dev in a few months with free resources online and get a 6 figures job, your friends are a bunch of mentally retarded underage subhumans
Nobody's self teaching 'web dev' in few months and gets 6 figures job. Stop spreading bs online. You will barely learn to code in few months at a high school level

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6128
Self teach too 😭
Almost EVERY "front end" developer at a place I interned knew some backend as well and weren't considered frontend. Unless you have some actual projects or work experience in both front and back end, no company will hire you for "full-stack" as you don't have the credentials. Front end is also deceptively hard in my experience.

And it's funny how when I tell the truth like this I always get autistic teenagers and NEETS telling me otherwise who are clueless about the current job market.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6128 and Tylermax
self teaching mogs everything, if you are truly passionate about a field you will brutally mog in less than 2 years any retard that spent years and years in university gettinga bachelors + master + phd in a field, why? because you will be dedicating every waking moment to learning about that which you like
You keep "self teaching" while trying to get a degree too and it's gonna show much more formality and seriousness to employees. It puts your foot in the door. School also provides you with projects to build portofolio, self teaching won't provide you with this or having others criticizing your work and improving

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6128 and Deprived
i would pick a engineering required you to use programming, and learn cs on the side, you would have more versetile job selection
but if you have actual target and manage to get a recognised proffesional enginneer license, your life is set, just choose engineering for that

You keep "self teaching" while trying to get a degree too and it's gonna show much more formality and seriousness to employees. It puts your foot in the door. School also provides you with projects to build portofolio, self teaching won't provide you with this or having others criticizing your work and improving

cope

start learning

here is your cs degree bro

• +1

retard, all learning is self teaching, a class given by an old zombie will never give you the same level of knowledge self teaching something on your own will, it will only give you bare basics, university programs are there to teach you some stuff and that's it, they skip on a lot of content.

• +1
Reactions: Tylermax
what are you studying @Matthias8272

retard, all learning is self teaching, a class given by an old zombie will never give you the same level of knowledge self teaching something on your own will, it will only give you bare basics, university programs are there to teach you some stuff and that's it, they skip on a lot of content.
As I said you dumb fuck you still self teaching while being in uni and there are more benefits in to that than just trying to learn something in the comfort of your home and expecting people will recognize your "effort" or anything. Nobody's gonna take you seriously if they don't see a paper that you proving you got the knowledge unless you're an exception with a crazy ass portofolio but still there gonna be others who gonna outclass you just because they got the degree. Some idiot talked about "if you got passion" you can learn in 6 months lmao. You tell me who has more passion. Someone who goes to school and gets formal education to learn something or someone who claims he's "self taught"

• +1
Reactions: angelo, Deleted member 6128 and poopoohead
As I said you dumb fuck you still self teaching while being in uni and there are more benefits in to that than just trying to learn something in the comfort of your home and expecting people will recognize your "effort" or anything. Nobody's gonna take you seriously if they don't see a paper that you proving you got the knowledge unless you're an exception with a crazy ass portofolio but still there gonna be others who gonna outclass you just because they got the degree. Some idiot talked about "if you got passion" you can learn in 6 months lmao. You tell me who has more passion. Someone who goes to school and gets formal education to learn something or someone who claims he's "self taught"

Tl dr, u r mentally retarded

• JFL
Reactions: efidescontinuado
what are you studying @Matthias8272
Nothing I stopped. I tried signing up to summer school recently (after which I will have finished highschool) but they didnt respondd to my email a month later and I can't email them till holidays are over to get me in. The exams I did were for biology, chemistry and statistics. But at highschool level

Last edited:
  • +1
Doesn't matter how much knowledge you attain if you have nothing to show for it. A fresh grad with 0 experience will be chosen over will be picked over someone who grinded java through an online course or bootcamp.

These companies want to know you're smart and have good knowledge of COMPUTER SCIENCE. Not how well you know specific languages. There's a reason why many companies ask you LeetCode-style questions during the interviewing process. A university degree is just a very expensive accreditation and you'll probably be self teaching yourself for the most part anyway. But that accreditation is a requirement for any good programming job.

I already know you're like a mid 20s neet. You're gonna be in for a rough time when you realize that you will automatically get filtered out at any decent company for a Jr. Dev position once they see you only have a GED. Not like it's impossible, but you're really going to have a rough time (and that's if you're disciplined enough to teach yourself how to program in the first place).

And jfl, good luck with faking a degree when most companies ask for official transcripts now.

• +1
Reactions: Tylermax
Doesn't matter how much knowledge you attain if you have nothing to show for it. A fresh grad with 0 experience will be chosen over will be picked over someone who grinded java through an online course or bootcamp.

These companies want to know you're smart and have good knowledge of COMPUTER SCIENCE. Not how well you know specific languages. There's a reason why many companies ask you LeetCode-style questions during the interviewing process. A university degree is just a very expensive accreditation and you'll probably be self teaching yourself for the most part anyway. But that accreditation is a requirement for any good programming job.

I already know you're like a mid 20s neet. You're gonna be in for a rough time when you realize that you will automatically get filtered out at any decent company for a Jr. Dev position once they see you only have a GED. Not like it's impossible, but you're really going to have a rough time (and that's if you're disciplined enough to teach yourself how to program in the first place).

And jfl, good luck with faking a degree when most companies ask for official transcripts now.
Thanks finally shut down this dumb motherfucker and his cope

• JFL
  • +1
cs is less demanding, has more jobs, and higher starting salaries. As for AI replacing programmers, engineering is much more automatable. But I am a singularity denier anyway so I don't really pay attention to this shit (can go into detail why if u want)

engineers have to do shitty calc sequence and then end up in uninteresting work (imo) unless they go to grad school for chip design or smth
Everyone at my Uni has to do the calc sequence. I do agree w/ the sentiment regarding the replacement theory surrounding programming as it sometimes requires a great deal of creativity and I don’t see how AI can emulate the creative whim of humans. I think some engineering disciplines will be safe like EE , but can see ME majors getting fucked in a autonomous society. Will likely carry out EE degree w/ CS technical electives and may pursue CS in grad school if I can’t crack hft prior to graduating.

School also provides you with projects to build portofolio, self teaching won't provide you with this or having others criticizing your work and improving
lol there are plenty of online communities of people spending hours and hours building projects. If you need school to spoonfeed you project ideas, then its over

lol there are plenty of online communities of people spending hours and hours building projects. If you need school to spoonfeed you project ideas, then its over
Yes I'd rather take critique from a random nerd on reddit than a professional who's getting paid to give critique. It's definitely gonna evolve me

• +1
Reactions: angelo
CS: literally over for your social life

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead and efidescontinuado

I agree with the fact a degree makes it easier for you to get a foot in the door, but you can easily self learn computer science concepts and grind leetcode if you really wanted to.

Formal education is just for the fancy paper that you can show to employers. It's just a supplement for self education if youre truly passionate

Last edited:
Nobody's gonna take you seriously if they don't see a paper that you proving you got the knowledge unless you're an exception with a crazy ass portofolio

Theres nothing stopping the self taught dev from building the "crazy ass portfolio".

Some idiot talked about "if you got passion" you can learn in 6 months lmao. You tell me who has more passion. Someone who goes to school and gets formal education to learn something or someone who claims he's "self taught"
Depends on how many hours each person spends studying CS and building projects

Yes I'd rather take critique from a random nerd on reddit than a professional who's getting paid to give critique. It's definitely gonna evolve me
if you've experienced such a professional level of collaboration then i'd like to see an example of something you've made, with UNIQUE feedback that can only be obtained from educational institutions

Thanks finally shut down this dumb motherfucker and his cope
you didn't even read his post fully lmfao, you're so against self learning while @5ft1 said:
A university degree is just a very expensive accreditation and you'll probably be self teaching yourself for the most part anyway. But that accreditation is a requirement for any good programming job.

You never enjoyed CS in the first place, thats why you said "school provides you with projects to work with" earlier.
Obviously you would discredit self-education when you have 0 motivation to learn it yourself lmao

To add on to this, the project that is GIVEN TO YOU by the school will 100% be in the professor's scope of knowledge, so that's why you suggested that you'd need professional advice from the school.

Try working on some technology with unique problems that the professors have not had experiences with before. You're on your own when you experience problems when working on projects outside of school.

It's so fucking over for you

Last edited:
Engineering mogs. Higher status and better skills. CS is a reddit cuck job unless you have Tony Stark levels of intelligence.
Of course a take this retarded is coming from a doylehead

Cope, I’ve read that lots in compsci struggle to find employment. Mainly cus they all require “5 years minimum experience with xyz languages” offering entry level pay

Whether you believe in pursuing higher education or not — I tend to believe it’s still valuable, self learning is key to getting ahead. Most people in your major will be receiving the same curriculum you will and what you do in leisure is what will set you apart. Currently learning system design and brushing up on algos. in my spare time.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Adamsmith12345 and ShowerMaxxing
Whether you believe in pursuing higher education or not — I tend to believe it’s still valuable, self learning is key to get ahead. Most people in your major will be receiving the same curriculum you will and what you do in leisure is what will set you apart. Currently learning system design and brushing up on algos. in my spare time.
Using your brain is better than abusing your body. Education keeps you out of the mud and leaves you going home clean, healthy and comfortable at the the end of each day.

Labouring leaves you baking in the sun or freezing in the cold, inhaling a variety of chemicals with a sore filthy body and weak bank account daily. Intended for the low iq, poor (can’t afford education) or strong men. Life at 50 will be hell

Last edited:

Computer theory is def. important.