Curlbro needs advice

KraftPowerStrength

KraftPowerStrength

Iron
Alright guys, I have natural 3A curls but refuse to believe that they are really that hard to maintain.
I use a higher-tier drug store conditioner and let it soak in for about 30 minutes befor washing it out with cold water. After that I apply Leave-In conditioner, some curl cream (both by Cantu) and let my hair air dry. I am obviously not doing that everyday but this is the only way to make my curls as defined as possible with minimal frizz. I only brush my hair from time to time, I use a wide toothed comb on thoroughly conditioned hair.

Results are nowhere near the same when I reduce the conditioning time to the regular 3 to 4 minutes. The curls won't be as defined and I have noticeably more frizz.
When I see YouTube videos of people's curl routine with a similar hair structure I can't believe how good their curls look without having to go through the same hassle as me. Maybe it's because I have a bit longer hair and that's why frizz is more noticeable...

What the fuck am I missing here? Is there some kind of holy grail product that I have overlooked? My hairdresser said that I should opt for premium hair salon brands instead of drugstore brands, because the ingredients are higher concentrated thus having to use less, but I highly doubt that they are worth 30 or 40 bucks. I know a shit ton about skincare but I have no fucking clue about haircare, especially what active ingredients to look for. The only thing I know is that curls need a lot of moisture, that's it.
I am thankful for any kind of advice.

• +1
Reactions: TrestIsBest