custom maxillary implants

can custom maxillary implants be used to mimic the look of forward growth and also be used as infraorbital-malar implants as shown similarly in the picture below?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240424_081528_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240424_081528_Gallery.jpg
    578.7 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: Faaska and caiolindo
understandably the diagram is for replacement of the bone rather than an implant over the top, but a similar design implemented ontop of preexisting bone giving off the look of forward maxilla growth whilst also providing undereye support

• +1
Reactions: Faaska
no reason it shouldn't - ask real surgerymaxx tho he the goat.

• +1
Reactions: Pakicel and 147
can custom maxillary implants be used to mimic the look of forward growth and also be used as infraorbital-malar implants as shown similarly in the picture below?
Yes, it's a pretty standard procedure for most surgeons we know on this board.
Basically a package of bimax + infras and optionally supras.
It depends on your facial depth and other factors how good the results will look tho.
If your facial depth looks like mine, you will probably never ascend to the max without a lf2

Yes, it's a pretty standard procedure for most surgeons we know on this board.
Basically a package of bimax + infras and optionally supras.
It depends on your facial depth and other factors how good the results will look tho.
If your facial depth looks like mine, you will probably never ascend to the max without a lf2
are you able to show yours? I spoke to a few surgeons and believe I need a total midface implant to mimic exact aesthetic of lefort 3 advancement minus the lower dentoalveolar region

are you able to show yours? I spoke to a few surgeons and believe I need a total midface implant to mimic exact aesthetic of lefort 3 advancement minus the lower dentoalveolar region
you can look in my post history, I have a rating thread there.

You can't mimic a lf3 with implants sadly, only a MLF3, basically a lefort 3 minus the nasion.
Get bimax + infras for that.

you can look in my post history, I have a rating thread there.

You can't mimic a lf3 with implants sadly, only a MLF3, basically a lefort 3 minus the nasion.
Get bimax + infras for that.
I see, my jaw is forward but my midface is just flat, almost like a slope from the side as no maxilla forward growth or lower eye support. bimax or bringing my jaw forward would not work for me as it would only cause more issues I believe

I see, my jaw is forward but my midface is just flat, almost like a slope from the side as no maxilla forward growth or lower eye support. bimax or bringing my jaw forward would not work for me as it would only cause more issues I believe
Then you'll probably only need infra malar implants fam. You can send me a pic via pm if you want to and I'll look into it

• +1
Reactions: 147
Yea Eppley does midface implants, although i've never seen a single result from anyone except a belgian surgeon who's retired now, and honestly the patient just looked more bloated than before.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: 147