Cutting hair on the sides makes you face "dull"

J

johnny4612

Iron
Hi!
I do have something like sean o pry pheno and good eyes.
I've noticed that when I cut my hair on the sides like this, or this, I immediately look dull.
Infact, look at sean o pry face contrast in that photo, and compare it when he has grown dark hair on the side, like this or this .

This also apply to gandy too here and here

I think this is true to anyone who is on the "winter" side of the palette, like clear and deep winter.

Please explain why this happen.
Also, I've noticed that gandy it's better with beard, but sean o pry better shaved. How do you determine this?

• +1
Reactions: Rhom
dnrd nigger

Do you mean a dull color contrast? Or a dull face shape? Obviously more volume of dark hair will make contrasting eyes and lips pop more

Hi!
I've noticed that when I cut my hair on the sides like this, or this, I immediately look dull.
Infact, look at sean o pry face contrast in that photo, and compare it when he has grown dark hair on the side, like this or this .

I think this is true to anyone who is on the "winter" side of the palette, like clear and deep winter.

Also, I've noticed that gandy it's better with beard, but sean o pry better shaved. How do you determine this?
This is why Francisco Lachowski has the ideal haircut

Top volume and the side should not be showking skin, must have some sort of volume

• +1
Reactions: RAMU KAKA and yue
Hi!

Normal haircut just mogs buzzcut.
Gandy looks better with beard and opry without because opry has a better jaw

Yeah I have noticed this with myself

A small tip I have learnt is to not let the hairdresser use clippers on your side, it's always going to look too short and shit and you will walk away with that haircut regret feeling

They need to be trimming it, I think 2 inches of length on sides minimum if you are going to get a cut?

All depends I dont think my advice is that amazing but I would avoid clippers

• +1
Reactions: n9wiff
Top volume and the side should not be showking skin, must have some sort of volume

Yeah I had my hair looking similar but with almost no volume on sides, it looks pretty goofy

• +1
Reactions: n9wiff
15690785610267.jpg
This is ideal hair

I have noticed the same. But it's not universally true. Whether longer or cropped sides look better probably has to do with facial ratios and harmony, Potential facial width, cheekbones, eye shape/ES ratio, maybe even the shape of the hairline all contribute towards whether you should keep the sides cropped or not.

Same for the beard. Dellisola, Bateman, Di Vaio and Gandy are examples of men who look better with some stubble/light beard as compared to clean shaven. Again, it's something to do with facial harmony or perhaps even ratios, but I'm not sure what. The pattern seems to be that more mediterranean people look a bit better with a stubble/light beard.

probably ratios, face shape.

I still havent found a good hairstylist to tell me those things.. I wonder what they've studyied

Users who are viewing this thread

Back