CUTTING WITHOUT HUNGER - ACHIEVE LOW BODY FAT PERCENTAGES

GigaMachiavelli

GigaMachiavelli

Iron
I'm gonna throw some good strategies to reduce hunger while cutting.

This strategies work for any cutting phase but they're more efficient on low body fat percent goals.

They are just tools, always remember your TDEE (calories out -calories in) is more important when you are trying to lose weight.​

1) High volume low calorie foods
As an example the differences between 200 calories from junk food vs vegetables is amazing:

If you already have some experience counting calories, this'll be sound very obvious. Anyways, there still some food that you should avoid or reducing the consumption temporarily on a cutting phase. The goal here is to eat less calorie dense foods that occupy more stomach volume, this allows your stomach to expand sending a signal of satiety to your nervous system.

FATS < JUNK FOOD < FATTY MEAT < LEAN MEAT AND WHOLE GRAINS < FRUIT < VEGGIES

In short you must sacrifice low volume foods specially those high in fats (yes, it includes healthy fats, REMEMBER YOU'RE NOT GOING TO ELIMINATED FATS AT ALL, JUST KEEP THEM AS MINIMUM AS POSSIBLE FOR A SHORT TERM) and sugars, to allocate more high volume foods as lean proteins, vegetables and fruits.

2) Food palatially reward hypothesis
TL;DR
When food is tasty, we tend to want to eat more of it. Conversely, when food is bland or boring, we tend to have less desire for it. Limiting or avoiding highly palatable foods (consuming lower-palatability ones) can make fat loss diet adherence easier and more likely. It is much harder to overeat broccoli and chicken than it is pizza or cheesecake. Even a very tasty sauce on your diet lunch might leave you wanting more, whereas finishing the unseasoned version could leave you feeling full.

Palatability index examples:
Low - vegetables, plain oatmeal, plain potatoes
Moderate - whole grains, pasta, rice, beans
High - French fires, ice cream
Very high - Chips, cookies, candy bars, cakes

In short your meals should look more like the left and less like the right:

Please avoid "alternative fitness recipes" too, they are going to do your phase just more miserable. Don't fall for the normie meme "dieting shouldn't be boring". The only fun part about dieting while cutting is looking shredded.

3) Increase protein intake
Aim for 1 g per lb of body wight as minimum or 1.5 g per lb of body weight as maximum, this allows you to allocate more calories from other sources of macro-nutrients (carbs and fats) that are still necessary for your body. It is still likely that the molecular structure of certain proteins has an impact on satiety, they have been shown to have substantial anti-hunger effects.
Fats should be cut before carbs for satiety purposes, as well as for energy maintenance and recovery. Carbohydrates are not as satiating as protein on average, but are more satiating than fats. Fats are highly calorie-dense and highly palatable––they take up less space in the stomach and their tastiness can initiate cravings.

Or you can just go to carnivore diet.

4) Nutrient timing
Ideally, you should eat between 4-6 a day to optimize protein synthesis. This is something that is up to you and your preference, if your hunger predictably sways in certain ways throughout the day, you can construct your nutrient timing around it to some extent by altering meal times and sizes. Let's say as an example you wake up in the morning without hunger, so you can just skip breakfast or have a small meal and allocate most food at evening/night.

4 meals spread out every 2-5 hours is a good point, it allows you to eat a good amount of food to keep you satiated. On every meal keep the same grams of protein. For carbs keep them the most around your gym sessions. And for fats keep them most away your gym sessions.

There is intermittent fasting too but it is not the most optimal way to do it, yes, it works but as long as you adjust it to your TDEE, and no, it does not make you burn more fat, but anyway if it adheres better to you and allows you to feel less hungry, go ahead, but at least I would have a pre-workout meal and another post-workout meal for performance reasons.

5) Eat higher fiber foods
The higher the fiber content in a food item the more it suppresses hunger.
For example, chicken breast with white rice on the side might keep you full for a couple hours whereas chicken breast with with fruits and veggies in place of rice is likely to keep your hunger low for even longer.

6) Reduce liquid calories
Liquid calories are easy to consume in large amounts without getting very full and should be avoided when on a fat loss diet.

7) Drink calorie free fluids before meals
Drinking fluids before/after eating stretches your stomach and increases fullness signals even before you have started eating.

Bonus 1: Drinking water after a high fiber meal is going to make you more fullness because fiber absorbs water.

Bonus 2: Cook veggie soups.

8) Caffeine
Caffeine is an appetite suppressant and so can actively reduce your hunger throughout the day. The advantage is it gives you more energy = more calories to burn. The disadvantage is if you take at late day your sleep schedule is going to go to shit, so keep your last dose of caffeine before 12:00.

It would be wise to cycle it or as alternative start with a low dose and increase over time in your last moments of the definition phase when hunger strikes.
*start form 100 mg, end up to 500 mg.

9) Take your time
Sit down eat slow take and as many bites as possible, make sure you are not stressed and no distractions.
Cut on good times.

FINAL COMMENTS
These strategies should be your last resort. Apply each point over time and your hunger level, you don't have to follow each point at once. Remember: they are temporary strategies, once you achieve your goal you can go back to following a 'normie' diet.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Amadeus, Eezz, KING REIDYZ and 12 others
Its more about SATIETY not about filling your stomach. You can just eat a toilet paper to fill up your stomach but it doesnt work in that way. Just eat densely food to satisfy your body for minerals and vitamins. But anyway good thread.

• +1
Reactions: Repentsinner, GalacticHero and Yerico7

• JFL
Reactions: It'snotover, ChristianChad, Deleted member 21532 and 3 others
I’ve never seen a more pro anti nutrient dense diet model in my life.
Keep trying.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22093 and Moggable
you ain’t got a fucking clue on what you’re talking about lmaooo.

peak greycel activity.

mans really said veggies and grains > meat ain’t no way.

was this a troll post?

• +1
Reactions: SteveRogers
Cant avoid hunger

i can confirm i eat 2 cans of chicken noodle soup a small bag of popcorn and a bowl of blueberries everyday and its like no more than 600 calories bc i cant eat more than 1500 without puking due to fucked metabolism

• +1
Reactions: Repentsinner
Didn't read starve or nothing

Good thread, but most people are dopamine addicts. They need tasty things once in a while and don't eat rationally.

I would go crazy without a cheat meal once in a while. Even people like The Rock have ridiculous refeeding days where they eat a dozen pizzas, pancakes and some chocolate cake on top of that because they get sick of chicken, broccoli and rice day in day out.

Rock cheat meal

I don't recommend pigging out like that though, it works for someone his size because his metabolism is huge. He will not gain much if any fat from such a cheat meal once in a while.

But it will certainly lift his mood compared to just subsisting on apple, broccoli and chicken all week long.

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7
Without drugs
Cycle coffee for 12 weeks and cut at the same time. Then no coffee and go to maintenance for 4-8 weeks. Repeat.
I’ve never seen a more pro anti nutrient dense diet model in my life.
Keep trying.
you ain’t got a fucking clue on what you’re talking about lmaooo.

peak greycel activity.

mans really said veggies and grains > meat ain’t no way.

was this a troll post?
Keto are not sport diets

1. There is no magic of keto... even for fat burning
2. Glycogen is the most determinant performance fuel
3. Carbs, the 2do most important macro nutrient for recovery

I'm not against keto, actually I'll go keto to achieve a certain look.

Good thread, but most people are dopamine addicts. They need tasty things once in a while and don't eat rationally.
Weak people. Doing "whatever it takes" to success absolutely includes doing work you don't like. Otherwise you're not interested in winning.

There is no magic of keto
Great for visceral fat loss and generally getting lean.
Pretty shitty for anabolism though.
That being said, anabolism (/insulin spiking) is not good after a certain age (if looksmaxxing/healthspan is your goal).
If you want to get lean and don’t give a single fuck about feeling like utter shit and likely taking years off of your life;
Just eat pure carbs and a little protein, it’s very hard for your body to convert it to usable, nutrient dense saturated fat (as we are carnivores), so your body is forced to eat its own saturated fat stores aka cannibalise your own body.
Honestly, my protocol is to fast for 1-2 days, then go keto (no seed oils or nuts obviously) for 2-3 weeks, this will lean you out without the bloating, headaches and diabetes.
Then go back to carnivore + a piece of fruit daily and some dairy to fill in the rest of the calories / replenish glycogen + spike insulin for anabolism. Something I’ll likely stop after the age of 30ish.

Good guide greycel