Damon System vs Rapid Palatal Expansion

tylerhunter97

tylerhunter97

Gold
I talked to my orthodontist today and he offered me Damon system instead of RPE.

Since my goal was also to widen maxilla I asked if Damon could expand maxilla, and how it’d do. He told me that instead of splitting the suture and filling the gap, damon system expands the whole maxilla

What are your thoughts about this? Anyone has knowledge in Damon System? Its a fairly new system and I want to make sure that it will expand my maxilla

I'm pretty sure it just causes teeth tipping, the only thing thats been proven to expand the whole maxilla is mse

• +1
Reactions: ungewist
I'm pretty sure it just causes teeth tipping, the only thing thats been proven to expand the whole maxilla is mse
He assured me that it doesn’t cause teeth tipping and that the system is different than normal braces

• +1
Reactions: ungewist
Read Damon Website and Wiki article, no claims about it widening the palate or maxilla. Looking at the system, it is implausible to me that it widens either the palate or maxilla. Your Ortho is either a liar or an idiot. I suggest getting a new ortho.

• +1
Reactions: mogger797 and IWantToMax
Read Damon Website and Wiki article, no claims about it widening the palate or maxilla. Looking at the system, it is implausible to me that it widens either the palate or maxilla. Your Ortho is either a liar or an idiot. I suggest getting a new ortho.
From the cases I’ve looked it seemed as users IPD has increased. I also couldn’t see anything related about maxilla but this is a pretty new technology so I don’t know.

I’ll be seeing another ortho soon too

@Wincel are you unbanned I need your input on this, I’m gonna see another ortho this thursday

@betamanlet Do you have knowledge on this? Saw 2 orthos none is accepting palatal expansion due to regression after treatment, one is suggesting invisalign the other Damon system

I talked to my orthodontist today and he offered me Damon system instead of RPE.

Since my goal was also to widen maxilla I asked if Damon could expand maxilla, and how it’d do. He told me that instead of splitting the suture and filling the gap, damon system expands the whole maxilla

What are your thoughts about this? Anyone has knowledge in Damon System? Its a fairly new system and I want to make sure that it will expand my maxilla
is damon system another name for expensive braces that fix crooked teeth temporary and require a life-long invisalign?

get lefort + palate expander (if needed) instead

is damon system another name for expensive braces that fix crooked teeth temporary and require a life-long invisalign?

get lefort + palate expander (if needed) instead
Yeah that's what I think since I can't imagine how braces could expand the fucking maxilla

The problem is my teeth aren't even crooked its only narrowish, and today my ortho made a 3D scan for my teeth and said that the expansion I need is not bone related but teeth related. My face is not narrow I don't need lefort, I just wanted wider maxilla to get wider IPD and mouth

Yeah that's what I think since I can't imagine how braces could expand the fucking maxilla

The problem is my teeth aren't even crooked its only narrowish, and today my ortho made a 3D scan for my teeth and said that the expansion I need is not bone related but teeth related. My face is not narrow I don't need lefort, I just wanted wider maxilla to get wider IPD and mouth
ok, anyway braces cannot widen your maxilla in any way

@betamanlet Do you have knowledge on this? Saw 2 orthos none is accepting palatal expansion due to regression after treatment, one is suggesting invisalign the other Damon system
Not my area of expertise sorry.

damon system

fucckk my ortho is charging me $4000 for invisalign, who's ur ortho, which state are you from
I'm in Turkey brah and since my dad is also dentist this will be a discount price for me

• +1
Reactions: noped