Dangers of chewing?

V

Venommm_

Iron
Apart from TMJ, does anyone know any dangers of chewing for masseter gains? Ive made good progress in the past 6ish months however idk if I should continue building muscle or not. In the past I’ve seen posts stating chewing has a negative effect on the maxilla in the long run (no proof to back this tho) as well as it causing possible teeth grinding at night etc

My current routine is 40m 3x a week w mastic.

Would anyone be able to comment on this? Should I do more or less? In the past I chewed for longer and for more days however I experienced pain in my jaw so I toned it down

Chew double-sded mouthguards and STFU

I stopped chewing my food a long time ago...

• +1
Reactions: mfk
I stopped chewing my food a long time ago...
Imagine hoping on surgeries to improve your failos, that explains why this forum is increasingly full of braindeads/asshole's. Nature > surgeries.

Why mouthgards?

No real proof of molar chewing causing your maxilla to lengthen at all. I’m chewing 40m 3x a week, nowhere near enough force for that to make my maxilla grow downwards anyway

Dangers are intruded teeth and thus bone resorption and tooth wear. I made a lite thread on this. If you could somehow prevent wear and intrusion, then you chew and clench and you would end up with a mogger face in probably under a year. So far the closest thing to a quick cheat to get results faster seems to be TMJ treatment with a permanent splint (removed after a year). Idk why but so many people get facial changes from it, I ahve seen woman talk about it on reddit. Most are retarded and dont like the changes, but seems to work due to nighttime clenching and the fact that your used to having to bite further, so when you have that added height, your bite basically becomes tighter and thus stronger. Sort of like that. monkey study which reconstructed monkeys jaw muscle so that they would exert greater force, and it resulted in their faces becoming shorter and wider.

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS
Dangers are intruded teeth and thus bone resorption and tooth wear. I made a lite thread on this. If you could somehow prevent wear and intrusion, then you chew and clench and you would end up with a mogger face in probably under a year. So far the closest thing to a quick cheat to get results faster seems to be TMJ treatment with a permanent splint (removed after a year). Idk why but so many people get facial changes from it, I ahve seen woman talk about it on reddit. Most are retarded and dont like the changes, but seems to work due to nighttime clenching and the fact that your used to having to bite further, so when you have that added height, your bite basically becomes tighter and thus stronger. Sort of like that. monkey study which reconstructed monkeys jaw muscle so that they would exert greater force, and it resulted in their faces becoming shorter and wider.

The monkeys faces became shorter and wider through a stronger bite force? That’s interesting. And sorry if this sounds autistic but was the intruded teeth a result of clenching 24/7 / excessively? Or would it be possible to eventually get worn down teeth from a routine like mine?

• +1
Reactions: mvp2v1

Can you link the thread? I've never heard about teeth intrusion or bone resoprtion from chewing

I'm chewing 3x Greek mastic gum pieces rn and it's guuuud.

My face improved a lot from chewing and very hard mewing.

• +1
Reactions: Elvisandreaa and mvp2v1
I'm chewing 3x Greek mastic gum pieces rn and it's guuuud
I’ve seen positive change it just freaks me out when ppl say it lengthens your midface. Some threads I’ve seen on it have no studies linked and quite frankly make no sense.

This is a study I saw linked tho and idk how to feel about it. I cba to read it all but someone summarised it and said that your maxilla grows downwards as your masseters get bigger

The monkeys faces became shorter and wider through a stronger bite force? That’s interesting. And sorry if this sounds autistic but was the intruded teeth a result of clenching 24/7 / excessively? Or would it be possible to eventually get worn down teeth from a routine like mine?
I'm not sure. At a very surface level, short hard chewing should strengthen the bone and not cause any bone resorption and tooth intrusion, only when you apply the pressure for long periods of time will you experience intrusion. As for the wear, yes chewing and grinding and clenching will all wear your teeth down. Our ancestors with large well structured jaws had worn down teeth by the time they are entering their 30s. And we have some users here like @Need2Ascend who fucked his teeth with extreme chewing. However he also was clenching so its a confounding factor.
Can you link the thread? I've never heard about teeth intrusion or bone resoprtion from chewing
I didn't really cover those things in detail in my thread. but this post does cover these things:

the clencher's image is not showing up in that post, here it is.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-09-11 at 3.32.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-11 at 3.32.40 PM.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: SoonToAscend
I'm not sure. At a very surface level, short hard chewing should strengthen the bone and not cause any bone resorption and tooth intrusion, only when you apply the pressure for long periods of time will you experience intrusion. As for the wear, yes chewing and grinding and clenching will all wear your teeth down. Our ancestors with large well structured jaws had worn down teeth by the time they are entering their 30s. And we have some users here like @Need2Ascend who fucked his teeth with extreme chewing. However he also was clenching so its a confounding factor.

I didn't really cover those things in detail in my thread. but this post does cover these things:
I see, ty for that. What are ur thoughts on chewing supposedly effecting maxilla? As you said before the monkey study seemingly had a positive effect due to their faces becoming shorter and wider, however I’ve seen mixed stuff in older threads

• +1
Reactions: mvp2v1
I see, ty for that. What are ur thoughts on chewing supposedly effecting maxilla? As you said before the monkey study seemingly had a positive effect due to their faces becoming shorter and wider, however I’ve seen mixed stuff in older threads
it will impact the maxilla and the mandible. Anyone who says otherwise is retarded. But its like the gym, if you go into a workout and you constantly do the same reps at the same weight you wont build muscle, you need to take a gym training mentality to the muscles of the face. And of course the force itself being applied on the skull will also deform it.

The girl in the reddit post I linked had a clear change in her maxilla...

I’ve seen positive change it just freaks me out when ppl say it lengthens your midface
i dont know about it lengthening your midface, I dont see much to belive thats true, but I do think its possible that it will bring the back part of your maxilla down somewhat (ccw) which probably some people take to mean that its lengthening your maxilla (midface). I dont think this is right. Especially if combined with hard mewing.

Attachments

• 34d759a15be8f586bc80c859930f9b4b2380ecddca7271c890a7f67d14043c29.gif
    34d759a15be8f586bc80c859930f9b4b2380ecddca7271c890a7f67d14043c29.gif
    86.5 KB · Views: 0
it will impact the maxilla and the mandible. Anyone who says otherwise is retarded. But its like the gym, if you go into a workout and you constantly do the same reps at the same weight you wont build muscle, you need to take a gym training mentality to the muscles of the face. And of course the force itself being applied on the skull will also deform it.

The girl in the reddit post I linked had a clear change in her maxilla...
Yeah ur right I’m just paranoid lol

tmjd, tooth wear and root damage, headaches, antegonial notch, ogremax, balding

i dont know about it lengthening your midface, I dont see much to belive thats true, but I do think its possible that it will bring the back part of your maxilla down somewhat (ccw) which probably some people take to mean that its lengthening your maxilla (midface). I dont think this is right. Especially if combined with hard mewing.
Even if it was possible would it not require lots of force? like chewing very excessively (clenching for instance?)

Even if it was possible would it not require lots of force? like chewing very excessively (clenching for instance?)
Bro. It won’t happen trust me.

Antegonial notch looks good imho
U only think that because u see a few gl people who have it. They would look better without it (mainly bc it would mean their maxilla would be even better…)

the clencher's image is not showing up in that post, here it is.
Wait, weren't people before 1800's used to chewing all the time and having mogger jaws? And wearing down only really appeared in their 80's?

Wait, weren't people before 1800's used to chewing all the time and having mogger jaws? And wearing down only really appeared in their 80's?
No, watch any John Mew general lecture he shows the state of human jaws thousands of years ago (way further back than 18 hundred. Like 2k years ago+.)

• +1
No, watch any John Mew general lecture he shows the state of human jaws thousands of years ago (way further back than 18 hundred. Like 2k years ago+.)
Which one? There are like 18

Attachments

• 7F29BA5F-A3CB-40A6-9704-96A986F56509.jpeg
    7F29BA5F-A3CB-40A6-9704-96A986F56509.jpeg
    214.7 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Not sure but I’m sure if u look I’ll find it. Worth watching them all though.
"Why 95% of people used to have straight teeth?"

• +1
Hard to say I have watched most of the Mew videos but have bad memory srry
ye but what am I supposed to find? Something contrary to what I stated?