Dating apps are ruining your brain

TallDarkAndHandsome

TallDarkAndHandsome

Iron
Dating apps might seem like a fast track to love, but in reality, they've turned us into gambling addicts. They're like slot machines but you pay with dates instead of cash. You keep swiping, hoping for a match or a message, pulling the lever again and again. The difference? A slot machine’s algorithm doesn’t care how attractive you are.

We already know how social media messes with our brains, messing with our dopamine reward system. Dating apps? Same concept, but with higher stakes. It’s not just about chasing likes or comments; it’s about hoping someone wants to date us. And the more we chase that high, the worse we feel when it doesn’t come. It can leave us feeling frustrated, unmotivated, and even bitter.

Sure, dating apps can work and I’m living proof. But they’re addictive by design. And since they’ve become the main way people meet these days, you almost have to play the game or risk being left out. But that only makes the gambling aspect worse. The constant pressure to be on them, swiping for the chance at a match —it’s exhausting. And when our self-worth, attractiveness, and hopes for love are on the line, it feels like we’re playing with even higher stakes.
If we’re not careful, these apps can mess us up just like TikTok and YouTube Shorts have wrecked the attention span of an entire generation. So it’s important to limit your use, because dating apps, like any addictive platform, can take a real toll.

• +1
Reactions: EdgyFashionist, blatonslatt, autistic_tendencies and 3 others
Agree, but watch out .org can be also addictive

• +1
Reactions: TallDarkAndHandsome
R u slaying now or getting loads of matches
Both but I’m getting tired of how flakey girls can be. Some girls go from messaging first and calling me handsome asf to then straight up ghost for no reason. I’ve unironically been having the best luck with looksmatched girls compared to mid girls

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: EdgyFashionist, trueceI and PRIEST Sv3rige
Both but I’m getting tired of how flakey girls can be. Some girls go from messaging first and calling me handsome asf to then straight up ghost for no reason. I’ve unironically been having the best luck with looksmatched girls compared to mid girls
So they work Just fine. Sounds like unnecessary rant. Going out collecting rejections Is surely much worse on your psyche than getting left on read

• +1
Reactions: autistic_tendencies
So they work Just fine. Sounds like unnecessary rant. Going out collecting rejections Is surely much worse on your psyche than getting left on read