Debate me: tretinoin is a useless product

nwed

nwed

I dnr dms dont dm me
Joined
Dec 4, 2025
Posts
2,626
Reputation
4,401
Tazarotene is better in every use case

Debate me
 
  • +1
Reactions: LilDihBob, pexy, WaterSnake and 2 others
just cause you consider something better doesn't render the other thing useless
Well if a superior product exist the inferor product has no use case making it, useless, since it has no use
Comprehension
 
  • +1
Reactions: Erdafritnib
Well if a superior product exist the inferor product has no use case making it, useless, since it has no use
Comprehension
By your logic everything is useless the second something better exists. Tolerability and price are use cases, and tretinoin wins on both
 
  • +1
Reactions: idk_hehe2, Erdafritnib, mendeds and 1 other person
By your logic everything is useless the second something better exists. Tolerability and price are use cases, and tretinoin wins on both
Tazarotene is as irritating as tret if not less irritating, about price, tazarotene 0.1% is 7$ a tube and lasts you around 3 months if used everyday

If you cant afford that i’m sorry bro
 
  • +1
Reactions: Erdafritnib
Tazarotene is as irritating as tret if not less irritating, about price, tazarotene 0.1% is 7$ a tube and lasts you around 3 months if used everyday

If you cant afford that i’m sorry bro
$7 or not your still conflating “better” with “useless.” If taz is more effective but also more irritating for some people, then tretinoin objectively still has a use case. You'd have to prove there's literally zero scenario where tretinoin is preferable and not just that taz is stronger
 
  • +1
Reactions: 0ogrpostcel and Erdafritnib
$7 or not your still conflating “better” with “useless.” If taz is more effective but also more irritating for some people, then tretinoin objectively still has a use case. You'd have to prove there's literally zero scenario where tretinoin is preferable and not just that taz is stronger
Tazarotene was observed to have greater efficacy and comparable tolerability and to be a cost-effective alternative to tretinoin 0.1% microsponge gel.

I would go as far as saying that tazarotene is less irritating than tret since different vehicles were used, microsphere gel is a slow release gel made to be less irritating

Better and faster results, both dirt cheap, same irritation if not less, i can conclude saying that tazarotene is the superior product
 
  • +1
Reactions: Erdafritnib
Tazarotene was observed to have greater efficacy and comparable tolerability and to be a cost-effective alternative to tretinoin 0.1% microsponge gel.

I would go as far as saying that tazarotene is less irritating than tret since different vehicles were used, microsphere gel is a slow release gel made to be less irritating

Better and faster results, both dirt cheap, same irritation if not less, i can conclude saying that tazarotene is the superior product
Correct it's less irritating. Many do not go through purge cyles like they do on retin-a. Taz is S tier

Also Taz has shown to be usefull on acne scars
 
  • +1
Reactions: nwed
Correct it's less irritating. Many do not go through purge cyles like they do on retin-a. Taz is S tier

Also Taz has shown to be usefull on acne scars
Image
#tazarotenebuds
 
  • +1
Reactions: WaterSnake
those who use tretinoin in gel format get nuked lol but you can get away with it with taz.

I know its not recommended, but some days I forget sunscreen with taz and 0 irritation at all. with tret forget about it.
 
  • +1
Reactions: nwed and iq.
those who use tretinoin in gel format get nuked lol but you can get away with it with taz.

I know its not recommended, but some days I forget sunscreen with taz and 0 irritation at all. with tret forget about it.
Tazarotene 0.05% gel irritates me less than tret 0.05% cream its crazy
 
  • +1
Reactions: WaterSnake and pexy
I'm getting perscribed acutane tomorrow for my skin so I do not fucking care
 
guys just be thinking "higher strength better product"
 
why not a retinol topical. it mogs in every shape and form
I’ve tried tret and it didn’t help with my skin as much, so I’d rather try accurate before doing smthing else (also I can stack them)
 

Similar threads

Erylo
Replies
4
Views
32
Pskne
Pskne
S
Replies
1
Views
34
suhumanmanlet
S
hipletslayer11
Replies
14
Views
110
greytrucel
G
synccc12438
Replies
5
Views
51
Macan
Macan
scandi
Replies
0
Views
21
scandi
scandi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top