Debunking the "estrogen rebound" myth

BloodClot

BloodClot

Solstice
I'm tired of hearing users spread misinformation about the so-called estrogen rebound effect when discontinuing the use of non-steroidal aromatase inhibitors like Arimidex and Letrozole. The notion that estrogen levels shoot up dramatically after stopping these inhibitors is a dumb concept that undermines the body's ability of homeostasis. But where does this theory originate? It can be traced back to bro science on steroid forums, that suggests that estrogen accumulates during inhibitor usage and is then released upon discontinuation. However, this is far from the truth since there is no initial estrogen accumulation to begin with. Take Arimidex, for example, which inhibits the aromatase enzyme and prevents estrogen conversion. How can there be an accumulation of something that was never created in the first place?

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: RedRiser, wastedspermcel, SkullDynamics and 5 others
high iq thread

• Love it
Reactions: BloodClot
I'm tired of hearing users spread misinformation about the so-called estrogen rebound effect when discontinuing the use of non-steroidal aromatase inhibitors like Arimidex and Letrozole. The notion that estrogen levels shoot up dramatically after stopping these inhibitors is a dumb concept that undermines the body's ability of homeostasis. But where does this theory originate? It can be traced back to bro science on steroid forums, that suggests that estrogen accumulates during inhibitor usage and is then released upon discontinuation. However, this is far from the truth since there is no initial estrogen accumulation to begin with. Take Arimidex, for example, which inhibits the aromatase enzyme and prevents estrogen conversion. How can there be an accumulation of something that was never created in the first place?
"How can there be an accumulation of something that was never created in the first place?" the enzyme aromatase accumulates and when it gets unbound to the arimidex it aromatizes causing a drop in free test and a spike in e2, thats the theory behind it. If you have some debunking tho id love to hear it.

• Hmm...
Reactions: BloodClot
"How can there be an accumulation of something that was never created in the first place?" the enzyme aromatase accumulates and when it gets unbound to the arimidex it aromatizes causing a drop in free test and a spike in e2, thats the theory behind it. If you have some debunking tho id love to hear it.
As i've stated there is no aromatase accumulating as arimidex inhibits the aromatase enzyme.

As i've stated there is no aromatase accumulating as arimidex inhibits the aromatase enzyme.
it BLOCKS aromatase, doesnt stop it from producing. Doesnt mean your theory is wrong I just want to here some logical evidence.

it BLOCKS aromatase, doesnt stop it from producing. Doesnt mean your theory is wrong I just want to here some logical evidence.

There's 0 scientific studies on the estrogen rebound effect so I have to base my argument on logic and reasoning. What leads you to believe that theres an estrogen accumulation effect when using a non steroidal AI?

I didnt read anything

There's 0 scientific studies on the estrogen rebound effect so I have to base my argument on logic and reasoning. What leads you to believe that theres an estrogen accumulation effect when using a non steroidal AI?
Bro if you block the Enzym and have lowerish e levels, your body will start to produce more of the enzyme via upregulating the gene expression. So you will have more of the enzyme for a while (well I don’t now the life time od this protein) but I guess if u stop rapidly you could increase your e levels too fast

• +1
Reactions: hattrick
Bro if you block the Enzym and have lowerish e levels, your body will start to produce more of the enzyme via upregulating the gene expression. So you will have more of the enzyme for a while (well I don’t now the life time od this protein) but I guess if u stop rapidly you could increase your e levels too fast
No, you would only return to baseline.

Regardless, the fact that so many people on here just readily believed the idea of e2 rebound, something that has never been proven, via bloodwork or studies is so disappointing.

Just one look at any Arimidex or Letrozole studies shows that all patients that use AI's return to baseline after taking AI's. Actually, as a matter of a fact, your levels stay lowered after usage for at least 4 days then return back to baseline.

Dndr, gonna take my dose of asin rn bye bye

I don't feel like sending you every study that involves aromatase inhibitors. But let's think for a second.
Screenshot 168

If studies show that after 6 days of stopping treatment, levels stay lowered and in every AI study, levels returned to baseline once usage had stopped. It doesn't seem like the aromatase accumulates, or that isn't how the function of letrozole or Arimidex works.

And the reason why bodybuilders think they experience "estrogen rebound" is because of the gyno they get during post-cycle therapy after stopping both AI's and roids. But think about this, if your test levels are lower during post-cycle therapy, and the test is the precursor (deciding factor) to the amount of aromatase you can produce, how will your e2 levels be unchronically high?

Even if you have a high conversion rate of T to E2, it's still decided by how much T you produce, and that T will now be suppressed during PCT! So it's clear now that your E2 isn't increased and your free T drops naturally since you are now off roids!

What causes the "high-e2 like" side effects is the imbalance of your e2 and T ratio. If you have suppressed T levels but still relatively normal e2 levels due to E2 being generated from different sources than testosterone, you can easily feel like you have high e2 and develop gyno and such.

I don't feel like sending you every study that involves aromatase inhibitors. But let's think for a second. View attachment 2503555
If studies show that after 6 days of stopping treatment, levels stay lowered and in every AI study, levels returned to baseline once usage had stopped. It doesn't seem like the aromatase accumulates, or that isn't how the function of letrozole or Arimidex works.

And the reason why bodybuilders think they experience "estrogen rebound" is because of the gyno they get during post-cycle therapy after stopping both AI's and roids. But think about this, if your test levels are lower during post-cycle therapy, and the test is the precursor (deciding factor) to the amount of aromatase you can produce, how will your e2 levels be unchronically high?

Even if you have a high conversion rate of T to E2, it's still decided by how much T you produce, and that T will now be suppressed during PCT! So it's clear now that your E2 isn't increased and your free T drops naturally since you are now off roids!

What causes the "high-e2 like" side effects is the imbalance of your e2 and T ratio. If you have suppressed T levels but still relatively normal e2 levels due to E2 being generated from different sources than testosterone, you can easily feel like you have high e2 and develop gyno and such.
How to raise e because I feel like an old man now after crashing it with Asin?

How to raise e because I feel like an old man now after crashing it with Asin?
Hey man, I'm not going to entertain this question because you have to be joking right?

• JFL
Reactions: MaestheticMaso
Hey man, I'm not going to entertain this question because you have to be joking right?
No I’m serious, I’ll wait a few days, but If it’s still so low to the point of feeling like this,

I’ll look at taking dbol or hcg or something until the body starts making the enzymes again.

No I’m serious, I’ll wait a few days, but If it’s still so low to the point of feeling like this,

I’ll look at taking dbol or hcg or something until the body starts making the enzymes again.
Welp, there's ways to work around the low e2 side effects but if you want to stop go ahead! Your e2 levels will return to baseline in 3-5 days once you stopped

• +1
Reactions: MaestheticMaso
Welp, there's ways to work around the low e2 side effects but if you want to stop go ahead! Your e2 levels will return to baseline in 3-5 days once you stopped
I didn’t start any cycle. Just wanted to see how I’ll react to aromasin before I do any cycle to avoid issues.

Either way it was good to check.

I didn’t start any cycle. Just wanted to see how I’ll react to aromasin before I do any cycle to avoid issues.

Either way it was good to check.
You didn't crash your e2 with aromasin if you have a functioning HPTA, theres studies of people using 25 mg a day and it doesn't crash. You may have low estrogen but it's 100% not below 8-15 pg/ml