Deep-set eyes and well-projected maxilla anti-synergy

malvolio511

malvolio511

Iron
I have really deep-set eyes, just a very good eye area overall, and great maxillary projection. However, I recently realised that these two desirable traits are working against each other.
The deep-set eyes make it seem that they are smaller than they actually are, as they are further from the observer than the rest of my face.
Pair that with a maxilla that projects my jaw and mouth area closer to the observer.

The result is a sub-ideal midface ratio, because the eyes look smaller and closer set in comparison to the well-projected mouth and chin area.
If my eyes and lips were aligned on an even vertical plane, then I would have an ideal midface or perhaps slightly wide one at that, but I dont have a recessed maxilla or bug eyes that pop out of my skull.

Perhaps this is a widespread phenomenon, but it has yet to be properly discussed on the forum. There's a part of me that wishes that I had less deep-set eyes :feelsbadman:

Another point:

AFAIK the ICD should be the same as the width of the eyes, however, with deep-set eyes it is not possible to maintain that ratio without it destroying your midface.
Some examples portraying what I have in mind, in relation to deep-set eyes:

As displayed, in those with deep-set eyes, without a greater distance between each eye, the midface ratio crumbles. I unfortunately do not possess such a quality.
I've derailed from my initial rant, but it is worth sharing regardless.
:feelswhere:

• +1
Reactions: BrahminBoss and likenesss
It is why if you have tall skull you need a slightly long nose

To balance the long nose and not look horse you need short philthrum

To balance that long midface area you need slightly longer pfl and ipd

To balance the ipd you need perfect es ratio

To get the perfect es you need highset wide cheekbones

If you have all these you win