Depressive realism

M

moreroidsmoredates

Kraken
I’m starting to believe that viewing the world while being in your depressed state is when you see reality as what it is and stop coping.

• +1
Reactions: PROMETHEUS and cooldude1231
@PROMETHEUS

• +1
Reactions: PROMETHEUS
to an extent

this was nietzsches idea, to overcome nihilism, as in rise above it by accepting it yet still finding the energy to become ubermensch

• +1
Reactions: moreroidsmoredates
to an extent

this was nietzsches idea, to overcome nihilism, as in rise above it by accepting it yet still finding the energy to become ubermensch
Realism feels so unreal to me. I don’t know what the truth and reality is.

If I’m happy my perception of reality changes.
But then the depression hits me with reality. At least that’s what I’m assuming.

• +1
Reactions: jattlife
I agree its why i hate therapy so much they just want to make you delusional again

Realism feels so unreal to me. I don’t know what the truth and reality is.

If I’m happy my perception of reality changes.
But then the depression hits me with reality. At least that’s what I’m assuming.
its likely that both "happy" and "depressed" states are delusional, at least partially

best way to find what you are is by being alone in nature imo, climbing a mountain, smth like that

• +1
I’m starting to believe that viewing the world while being in your depressed state is when you see reality as what it is and stop coping.
This is 100% true

If an objective you’re working on still seems reasonable even when you feel depressed, then it’s a good objective

Important things like making a good income and optimising your attraction still seem rational when depressed, whereas unimportant things like popularity & social status seem superfluous when depressed, meaning they’re not worth chasing after

Along with the above example of setting objectives, I like to run every other aspect of my life through the depression test

It’s the only way to guarantee that you’re not wasting time on anything unimportant

• +1