Bronze
IMG20201020140622

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7753, SadnessWYJ, Deleted member 5912 and 3 others
Damn bro you be really capping on these niggas

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5912
It's legit tbh, no doctor is gonna waste his time doing the most perfect implant

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5912 and johncruz12345
Custom implant manufacturers already allow the patient a seat at the table during the design process, if the surgeon allows.

Patient specific implants in aesthetic applications are obviously relatively new and the industry practices are still evolving. This direct patient input during the design process is turning out to be more of a novelty.

Atlas of Facial Implants 2nd Ed. Was released this year to include a new chapter on CAD/CAM (Computer Assisted Design/Manufacture) Implants. The Author’ (Dr Yaremchuk’s) recommendation is not to include the patient in the design conference as it consistently leads to worse aesthetic outcomes.

The fact of the matter is patients are not actually that knowledgeable of what would look good or understand the what the soft tissue changes will really be from skeletal contouring.

Instead he recommends that patients clearly communicate what they want and he will design that with the engineer.

This makes perfect sense to me as most implant patients during the planning phase are are contemplating how many mm of projection here or there etc.

I have seen a lot of poor implant results online because the patient demanded some odd contour or implant size against the surgeons advice.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Lonenely sigma, Wallenberg, Carl-o and 4 others
How did you remove your skull from your head

Custom implant manufacturers already allow the patient a seat at the table during the design process, if the surgeon allows.

Patient specific implants in aesthetic applications are obviously relatively new and the industry practices are still evolving. This direct patient input during the design process is turning out to be more of a novelty.

Atlas of Facial Implants 2nd Ed. Was released this year to include a new chapter on CAD/CAM (Computer Assisted Design/Manufacture) Implants. The Author’ (Dr Yaremchuk’s) recommendation is not to include the patient in the design conference as it consistently leads to worse aesthetic outcomes.

The fact of the matter is patients are not actually that knowledgeable of what would look good or understand the what the soft tissue changes will really be from skeletal contouring.

Instead he recommends that patients clearly communicate what they want and he will design that with the engineer.

This makes perfect sense to me as most implant patients during the planning phase are are contemplating how many mm of projection here or there etc.

I have seen a lot of poor implant results online because the patient demanded some odd contour or implant size against the surgeons advice.
Perfectly understandable conclusion by Yaremchuk. However I hope he gives patients the chance to differentiate themselves from the braindead idiots wanting to look like blockheads (physiognomy theory?) he undoubtedly encounters on a daily basis.

• +1
Reactions: RealSurgerymax
Speaking of which, can the mods who make many shekels out of our coping, perhaps give back to the community and organise a competition where the winner receives a copy of Yaremchuk's magnum opus - Atlas of Facial Implants 2nd Ed?