Detailed statistical analysis of the age related changes of the male physique

Doing Jiu-Jitsu is what made me make this post, we have all different aged people, and the difference in frames between the guys in early twenties versus thirty's is incredible. The 18-21 year old's are sticks. I am 6 foot 3 220 at 18 and I still look tiny in a GI because my shoulders aren't big. I thought bulking would grow my shoulders, but the only thing that grew was my belly. Even if you gave an 18 year old 5000+ calories and forced him to workout he still wouldn't look wide because his ribcage and clavicles aren't done growing.
We have some good threads on here on increasing bideltoid and frame maxing in the BOTB which should open up after around 500 reps or so, that you could incorporate into your training.

We have some good threads on here on increasing bideltoid and frame maxing in the BOTB which should open up after around 500 reps or so, that you could incorporate into your training.
ill check them out thank you so much man,

stay whitepilled man

• +1
Reactions: AsGoodAsItGets and lightskinbengali
Hey guys, I recently completed my end of year high school statistics project, or more specifically data

analysis. My topic for the project was the male physique and how it develops with age. I first thought

of this topic due to my experience doing grappling and MMA. What I noticed was the guys that were

say 18-21 looked very lanky and reedy despite exercising regularly and being in good shape, while the

older guys had much more robust builds and were much stronger. Even the mid-twenties guys weren't

as strong as the thirty somethings. This contradicts the scientific wisdom that humans reach

physical maturity at 18.

In order to do a statistical analysis of my topic, I used a data set of over 4000 male army service members.

This data set contained probably 40 different variables for example (Height, Weight, Age, Bicep circumference, base they are stationed at, etc.).

Basically there is a lot of interesting information.

Here are some of my findings.

The graph below shows the average shoulder width of servicemen (Bideltoid width) by Age (Measured in millimeters)

I could not go above age 45 because the sample sizes were too small to be reliable, but I think 45

years old was the peak for male shoulder width. Shoulder width is a great measurement of muscle

mass and bone structure, because most fat settles down in the abdominal region, so men who gain

weight without gaining muscle mass, find their shoulder width to be relatively unchanged. One factor

that caused the rapid jump in shoulder width between 18 and 25 is the continued growth

of the clavicular bone. The clavicle bone is the last "long" bone of the body to cease growth. It usually

continues to grow until 25, albeit at half the rate it did before 18. This was discovered because a lot of

guys would break their clavicle in their early twenties requiring screw fixation and doctors would

notice that every year the screws were further apart.

Overall the increase in shoulder width between 18-45 is about 2 inches. This may not seem like

much, but if you were 50th percentile in shoulder width at 18, by the time you were 45 you would

be 95th percentile, meaning you would be wider than 95 percent of the population.

Post image
Shoulder width (mm) vs Age (years)

Shown below is a picture of Mohamed Ali at 18 years old. Despite being in better shape than 99.9 percent of the population, his shoulders are puny looking.

Post image
A lankly looking Mohamed Ali at 18 years of age

The graph below shows the average wrist circumference of servicemen by age. Wrist circumference is a useful indicator of frame size because it is essentially a measurement of the thickness of your joints. Thicker joints equal a larger and stronger person.

As you can see in this graph, wrist circumference peaks at around 50 years of age. The data after 50 is cloudy, but once again there appears to be a slight slight decline as people generally begin to weaken after that.

I chose this measurement because I noticed that a lot of older guys have strong looking hands and wrists, while a lot of younger guys have wrists that look like toothpicks.

Post image
Wrist Circumference (Inches) vs Age (Years)

Shown below is a graph of the average bicep circumference of a serviceman by age.

As you can see the biceps thicken up quite a bit with age, especially between 18 and 25.

Most of this gain is muscle with a small amount being attributable to fat gain

The average increase in bicep circumference between 18 and 45 is 2 inches.

Post image
Biceps circumference (Inches) vs Age

Finally, as a bonus I compiled a table showing the average heights of servicemen based on the state they originate from.

The five states where the tallest service members originate from are: #1 North Dakota with an average height of 5 foot 11.45 inches,

#2 is Utah with an average height of 5 foot 11.1 inches,

#3 is Wisconsin at 5 foot 10.9 inches,

#4 is Arkansas with an average height of 5 foot 10.87 inches,

#5 is West Virginia at 5 foot 10.8 inches.

Some states were not included due to the sample size being too small

Post image

Average Height Of Servicemen by State Of Origin

Thanks for reading this guys,

Please let me know if there is anything else I can test.

Let me know if you have any anecdotes relating to the data.

I first posted this to reddit btw.

Here's the original: https://www.reddit.com/r/army/comments/14icqhv/statistics_project_regarding_the_army/
Good post. Other greys should admire this level of posting or just be a sideline commenter

• +1
Reactions: AsGoodAsItGets and lightskinbengali
Hey guys, I recently completed my end of year high school statistics project, or more specifically data

analysis. My topic for the project was the male physique and how it develops with age. I first thought

of this topic due to my experience doing grappling and MMA. What I noticed was the guys that were

say 18-21 looked very lanky and reedy despite exercising regularly and being in good shape, while the

older guys had much more robust builds and were much stronger. Even the mid-twenties guys weren't

as strong as the thirty somethings. This contradicts the scientific wisdom that humans reach

physical maturity at 18.

In order to do a statistical analysis of my topic, I used a data set of over 4000 male army service members.

This data set contained probably 40 different variables for example (Height, Weight, Age, Bicep circumference, base they are stationed at, etc.).

The graph below shows the average shoulder width of servicemen (Bideltoid width) by Age (Measured in millimeters)

I could not go above age 45 because the sample sizes were too small to be reliable, but I think 45

years old was the peak for male shoulder width. Shoulder width is a great measurement of muscle

mass and bone structure, because most fat settles down in the abdominal region, so men who gain

weight without gaining muscle mass, find their shoulder width to be relatively unchanged. One factor

that caused the rapid jump in shoulder width between 18 and 25 is the continued growth

of the clavicular bone. The clavicle bone is the last "long" bone of the body to cease growth. It usually

continues to grow until 25, albeit at half the rate it did before 18. This was discovered because a lot of

guys would break their clavicle in their early twenties requiring screw fixation and doctors would

Overall the increase in shoulder width between 18-45 is about 2 inches. This may not seem like

much, but if you were 50th percentile in shoulder width at 18, by the time you were 45 you would

be 95th percentile, meaning you would be wider than 95 percent of the population.

Post image

Shown below is a picture of Mohamed Ali at 18 years old. Despite being in better shape than 99.9 percent of the population, his shoulders are puny looking.

Post image

The graph below shows the average wrist circumference of servicemen by age. Wrist circumference is a useful indicator of frame size because it is essentially a measurement of the thickness of your joints. Thicker joints equal a larger and stronger person.

As you can see in this graph, wrist circumference peaks at around 50 years of age. The data after 50 is cloudy, but once again there appears to be a slight slight decline as people generally begin to weaken after that.

I chose this measurement because I noticed that a lot of older guys have strong looking hands and wrists, while a lot of younger guys have wrists that look like toothpicks.

Post image

Shown below is a graph of the average bicep circumference of a serviceman by age.

As you can see the biceps thicken up quite a bit with age, especially between 18 and 25.

Post image

Finally, as a bonus I compiled a table showing the average heights of servicemen based on the state they originate from.

The five states where the tallest service members originate from are: #1 North Dakota with an average height of 5 foot 11.45 inches,

Post image

Here's the original: https://www.reddit.com/r/army/comments/14icqhv/statistics_project_regarding_the_army/
So what does this mean from a practical pov. Can we increase that rate of change via growth hormone?

Hey sorry about the autism man.

You seem like the only well adjusted guy here.

I appreciate you white pilling these guys, most of the guys need guidance.

Most of them are good looking enough to get women, they just have psychological problems.

I used to believe in all this "It's over" shit, but now I am white pilled, and I realized that while looks matter,

Not being a pussy is the most important thing.
100% bro.

It's all a psyop to make young men weak, ldar and rot.

Men only live for hope of a better future for themselves, their family, friends and culture.

And they only rot when they have nothing valuable to live for and label any masculine virtue as toxic.

Thatnkfully I grew up in a gen where we only hung out socially not digitally and the older men in the group teased and hazed the shit out of us mentally and sometimes physically. We gave them that authority because we respected them.

Today that would be considered incorrect politically.

Men need that brotherhood and competitiveness to improve and know what being a man is about.

You cannot simply become mentally strong without being in dangerous situations where someone you look up to handled the situation which then taight you how to manage it in the future.

Most of the attitude in here is about how to avoid pain and rejection through being Chad, which is also incorrect because Chad also has problems.

If anyone decides to use the info here to ascend, it will yield them well and extend their youth and attractiveness.

But it has to come from a base character of discipline and self-esteem. I mean it boggles my mind to think most people here do not even go to the gym everyday as a habit habit to looksmax from but they talk about looksmax all day with no action.

yeah only like 3 millimeters forward growth relative to the brow, but that is enough for most of the population. a couple millimeters extra forward growth is enough. What most people need is jaw width, which mostly comes from testosterone.
A narrow jaw is way more connected to diet, breathing thought mouth and position of the fetus head than to testosterone

So what does this mean from a practical pov. Can we increase that rate of change via growth hormone?
Eat more to speed up development. Mostly this post is to stop young men from roping, why would you rope when you haven't reached your peak strength. What a shame it would be to kill yourself before you reach peak masculinity.

• +1
Reactions: MSEinvestigator and mvp2v1
Can you tag the threads or pm me?

physical maturity at 18.

Post image

Post image

Post image

Post image

Post image

I think scientists into aging have shown the body's rejuvenating and repair processes clearly head downwards a lot in the mid 20s and some things drop a lot right after puberty and that is why things like skin collagen levels begin their shift downwards. As far as some athletes peaking late 20s and early 30s that is because it takes time to develop to that level sometimes and even though the body started the big downregulation of repair in the mid 20s if you are working out it wont start really affecting you much until mid 30s usually. Other things like skin and blood markers clearly show the decline earlier though.

Eat more to speed up development. Mostly this post is to stop young men from roping, why would you rope when you haven't reached your peak strength. What a shame it would be to kill yourself before you reach peak masculinity.
But aging… with the aging variable things get worse for men (balding, shit skin, looking old = over

Yeah due to lack of exercise some men's T is low. However, men in the military are more jacked than they were even 50 years ago due to more food being available.

Military men are still lower T on average.

Jacked =/= high T. Training equipment, exercise science, and nutrition got better.

It may be that younger generations are physically larger due to having lower testosterone which would slow growth plate fusion.

Copefuel for manlets. Manlets will read your sentence and cope with muh high T.

physical maturity at 18.

Post image

Post image

Post image

Post image

Post image

That could have beend interesting but I will only look at this graph if they had indications of sample amount, first.

Then it is known that our generations have shitty T.

So is it only because of Dht maxing going on with age or is it because of generational testosterone gap?