DHEA to grow taller?

uberfuckchad

uberfuckchad

Iron
I was reading through the ray peat forum when I came across this:
Knipsel1

Ray peat claims he grew about 1.5 inches taller taking DHEA 10-15mg a day. Has anyone experimented with this? If so, please share your experience. I'm also curious as to what the mechanism of action would be on this. Big if true

@enchanted_elixir @5.5psl @midlatinocel

Last edited:
  • Woah
Reactions: studymaxxer and PSLdog
I partook in DHEA for some months in combination with HIIT. The results could be described as temporary shin splints, but with no discernible height increase. Had I taken for longer I can't say what the difference would've been.

I partook in DHEA for some months in combination with HIIT. The results could be described as temporary shin splints, but with no discernible height increase. Had I taken for longer I can't say what the difference would've been.
That is interesting, is running/sprinting the HIIT you did?

"I was about 40 at the time"

• JFL
Reactions: horizontallytall
DHEA is bad for your hairline if you are genetically prone to balding. So be careful

• +1
Reactions: MrGentleman
DHEA is bad for your hairline if you are genetically prone to balding. So be careful
stfu fucking nigger everything causes hairloss if your geneticlly prone to it fucking monkey"

but yes dhea causes increases in dht and testosterone specially when applied to the testicalles which idk could prob mean more bone growth = hieght :)

Peat recommended taking small doses of DHEA, Pregeneolone and/or Progestrone after 30-35 years old for anti-aging purposes, since your natural production begins to decline around that age range. In other interviews he thought that his improved thyroid function later in life, paired with DHEA was helpful in growing to his full adult height.

So this strategy would not be so effective for those still in traditional growth phase (13-21 years old). Other heightmaxxing methods seem more promising. If the DHEA/Thyroid route works, it would be for oldcels who didn't reach full height potential and had high stress/weak thyroid childhood.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: horizontallytall, uberfuckchad and Tobias Fünke
Peat recommended taking small doses of DHEA, Pregeneolone and/or Progestrone after 30-35 years old for anti-aging purposes, since your natural production begins to decline around that age range. In other interviews he thought that his improved thyroid function later in life, paired with DHEA was helpful in growing to his full adult height.

So this strategy would not be so effective for those still in traditional growth phase (13-21 years old). Other heightmaxxing methods seem more promising. If the DHEA/Thyroid route works, it would be for oldcels who didn't reach full height potential and had high stress/weak thyroid childhood.

Would fin/dut negate the potential positive effects of DHEA entirely or just suppress the potential negative effects (like balding)?

Would fin/dut negate the potential positive effects of DHEA entirely or just suppress the potential negative effects (like balding)?
It's hard to say, many factors are involved. DHEA is precursor to many hormones, so adding supplemntal DHEA will affect each person differently based on their history, lifestyle, genetics etc.

More DHEA could increase one's T and/or DHT, but if they have higher levels of Aromatase then their Estrogen will increase as well.

If one is suppressing 5AR via Fin/Dut, then they would likely end up with more Estrogen since their excess Testosterone will convert to Estorgen since conversion to DHT is being prevented.

Now if one is deficient in DHEA due to aging, then supplementing back to youthful levels may not cause excess aromatization of Testostrone to Estorgen since they may also be deficient in Testosterone as well.

It's quite complicated and requires some research, trial and error.

Attachments

• Hormones.png
    Hormones.png
    87.8 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: Tobias Fünke
If your plates are open you can literally eat nothing and still grow taller