Did anyone here ever self harm before?

D

Deleted member 11126

Kraken
Used to cut myself then I got into running. Running is much safer the pain you feel blocks out everything for a bit.

My anxiety is more painful then cutting my skin open. I will feel like I am being stabbed randomly if people look me in the eyes. I did learn to hide it and and cope better but the anxiety never went away I just hide it and no one can tell.

I am always constantly worried if I look as bad as I feel if they can see how miserable I am. I hope no one can tell... I really hope people can't tell just how bad I am. My parents always used to ask if I am fine and I always say I am. If people knew how bad things had gotten they would view me with such pity. Haven't left my apartment in months and will run out of savings soon.

Last edited:
  • So Sad
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: falcon1, angelo, High Cortisol Chad and 3 others
yeah sometimes i would just lose it and stab myself somewhere or burn myself but only when the voices are loud

• +1
  • So Sad
  • Woah
Reactions: falcon1, angelo, rooman and 2 others
yeah sometimes i would just lose it and stab myself somewhere or burn myself but only when the voices are loud
Do you have intrusive thoughts? I really do recommend running or lifting weights its good for you and you can run as hard as you need to and get the same effect without damaging your body. Pain basically overrides anxiety and depression temporarily giving you a clear state of mind so its useful to get out of a spiral. If you just keep focusing on a bad thought process all day long.

Another method is just take an ice cold shower

• +1
Reactions: rooman and pentamogged9000
Do you have intrusive thoughts? I really do recommend running or lifting weights its good for you and you can run as hard as you need to and get the same effect without damaging your body
yeah i started lifting to stop me wanting to hurt myself from looking at my face but now i just hate my body so i do it even more jfl

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: angelo, rooman and Deleted member 11126
yeah i started lifting to stop me wanting to hurt myself from looking at my face but now i just hate my body so i do it even more jfl
Running is probably more effective then lifting since you can really push yourself much further. If you go 99% for 3 miles you will not be able to be anxious or worry. Or just take a quick ice shower. It basically just gets rid of intrusive thoughts and clears your head up

• +1
Reactions: falcon1 and pentamogged9000
yeah, i still do.

it started with scratching myself with a push pin and hitting myself in the head, then i'd do more serious things like burning myself or cutting (albeit not deep at all), back to scratching and hitting myself, but not in the head anymore

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11126
yeah, i still do.

it started with scratching myself with a push pin and hitting myself in the head, then i'd do more serious things like burning myself or cutting (albeit not deep at all), back to scratching and hitting myself, but not in the head anymore
I would stop man the scars take years to fully heal

I shut down My emotions

• JFL
Reactions: rooman
Would but looksmin :blackpill: :blackpill:

• +1
Reactions: wastedspermcel, homovirgin and Deleted member 11126
I never understood why people use self-harm as a coping mechanism. Why inflict so much pain on yourself? The thought of someone intentionally cutting deep into their skin makes me nauseous. Vomit fuel

• So Sad
  • Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: wastedspermcel, Deleted member 1901 and Deleted member 11126
I never understood why people use self-harm as a coping mechanism. Why inflict so much pain on yourself? The thought of someone intentionally cutting deep into their skin makes me nauseous. Vomit fuel
Physical pain overrides mental pain

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: falcon1 and Deleted member 16369
I did cutting from 14-16.

might as well kill yourself if you're going to cut yourself

I never did it as a teen or kid, I was always happy then.

I started doing it ~3 years ago, and generally on and off.

What generally happens is when you're alone you start thinking about the things you are excluded from that 99.99% of people get by default, for reasons u can't control (ie physical shit), so then u get into extreme, and I mean EXTREME emotional pain, so nicking yourself or burning yourself basically alleviates that pain a lot.

Essentially it's extreme pain that you can only feel because you are worse off than 99.99% of people on the planet,so u get it or u don't. @FailedNormieManlet can prob explain why it feels how it does

I just did it an hour ago cos the pain was so unbearable I couldn't sleep.

One thing to guard against is where u do it, I work at a large bank in a pretty senior role, so I learnt not to do it on my arms as I often roll up my sleeves, and instead do it mainly on my thighs now, it's also good because you can cut a bit deeper there

Last edited:
  • Woah
  • So Sad
Reactions: angelo, Deleted member 26092 and Deleted member 16369
I never did it as a teen or kid, I was always happy then.

I started doing it ~3 years ago, and generally on and off.

What generally happens is when you're alone you start thinking about the things you are excluded from that 99.99% of people get by default, for reasons u can't control (ie physical shit), so then u get into extreme, and I mean EXTREME emotional pain, so nicking yourself or burning yourself basically alleviates that pain a lot.

Essentially it's extreme pain that you can only feel because you are worse off than 99.99% of people on the planet,so u get it or u don't. @FailedNormieManlet can prob explain why it feels how it does

I just did it an hour ago cos the pain was so unbearable I couldn't sleep.

One thing to guard against is where u do it, I work at a large bank in a pretty senior role, so I learnt not to do it on my arms as I often roll up my sleeves, and instead do it mainly on my thighs now, it's also good because you can cut a bit deeper there
I'd suggest replacing it with a very hardcore 3 mile run

running is worse for the body and a more extreme form of self harm than cutting

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: ArcticStorm and Deleted member 11126
Yes I looksminned my left arm hard :lul:

Its nice seeing other men/boys relate to such a shunned topic. Started cutting after i started starving and now my parents threaten to take me to psychward jfl.

I used to have episodes where i hit my face or punch a wall