Did someone here had a Herbst Appliance?

Deleted member 12102

Deleted member 12102

Iron
My younger brother has a overbite like me before Mewing. I try to teach him and my parents but my parents dont think that it is safe method to do this beside my results and i think my younger brother is to lazy to do this everday and eventuelly do it wrong so they go to orthodontist and they told him to get a Herbst Appliance and Expander. Had anyone here had experience with this Appliance ?

how old is he

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 12102
he is 15 years old

elab this

age?
Herbst Appliance is to bring the jaw forward and a expander i think for the tap jaw to make it bigger

he is 15 years old
that's a little late.

if he waited 2-3 years to get surgery he'd have better results but would have to live with a subhuman overbite until then.

on the other hand, 1-2 years with this piece of shit herbst appliance sucks dick too. it's way worse than braces and it might just relapse and then he'll need surgery anyway.

• +1
that's a little late.

if he waited 2-3 years to get surgery he'd have better results but would have to live with a subhuman overbite until then.

on the other hand, 1-2 years with this piece of shit herbst appliance sucks dick too. it's way worse than braces and it might just relapse and then he'll need surgery anyway.
at least the expander is 100% effective at that age, he could just take the expander and mew with his huge palate afterwards

• +1
at least the expander is 100% effective at that age, he could just take the expander and mew with his huge palate afterwards
imo mewing is already cope at that age

that's a little late.

that a good point tbh surgery would be expensive here but when he get this appliance would the result at least good or the minimum to not be subhuman? want the best for my broo hes overbite right now fuck his face up

over for your brother

ehjnpYN.jpg

confirmed to stun maxilla growth by 50%. id suggest you to read the whole linked thread into detail

Last edited:
  • Woah
Reactions: pizza
that a good point tbh surgery would be expensive here but when he get this appliance would the result at least good or the minimum to not be subhuman? want the best for my broo hes overbite right now fuck his face up
the appliance isn't cheap either

if you think his face would look good enough after correcting the overjet with a herbst appliance, you could go for it (it doesn't generally completely cuck your face like you'll hear from PSL people although surgery is probably better from an aesthetic pov)

on another hand jaw development is pretty much done at age 15 and I'm not entirely sure what the herbst appliance even does at that point (although still works sometimes even in older patients)

the appliance is absolute hell to wear and your brother will hate it and want to go ER at the orthodontist's office

tough decision brah, I'd lean towards surgery

Last edited:
  • +1
the appliance isn't cheap either

if you think his face would look good enough after correcting the overjet with a herbst appliance, you could go for it (it doesn't generally completely cuck your face like you'll hear from PSL people although surgery is probably better from an aesthetic pov)

on another hand jaw development is pretty much done at age 15 and I'm not entirely sure what the herbst appliance even does at that point (although still works sometimes even in older patients)

the appliance is absolute hell to wear and your brother will hate it and want to go ER at the orthodontist's office

tough decision brah, I'd lean towards surgery
appreciate that. i talked and he has hell anxiety for surgery so i think it will be the appliance, thank you

appreciate that. i talked and he has hell anxiety for surgery so i think it will be the appliance, thank you
it stuns the forward growth of the maxilla. read the thread i linked you

• +1
I had the option to get it too but opted for the jaw surgery.

It depends on his base. If he has a short jaw i wouldnt recommend the herbst appliance. Its just like perma jutting

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10172 and Deleted member 12102
it stuns the forward growth of the maxilla. read the thread i linked you
oh i read it right now , stunt it the growth even after the appliance is out and he begin to mew?

It depends on his base. If he has a short jaw i wouldnt recommend the herbst appliance. Its just like perma jutting
for real? that would perfect

oh i read it right now , stunt it the growth even after the appliance is out and he begin to mew?
it probably won't stunt much at all since at 15 you're not really growing anymore in the face

• +1

here it gets absolutely trashed by a surgeon too. over if you choose herbst application.

delusional if you think the tongue will be stronger then herbst application.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 12102 and .👽.
it probably won't stunt much at all since at 15 you're not really growing anymore in the face
to my point im a late bloomer but i will send you a pm when you feel free to look

• +1
Reactions: ifyouwannabemylover

here it gets absolutely trashed by a surgeon too. over if you choose herbst application.

delusional if you think the tongue will be stronger then herbst application.
i read about imdo too but in germany nobody offer this , really fucked up man

Talk with your ortho about surgery or go to an surgeon. Herbst appliance can work but its not ideal for looksmaxxing

• +1
over

from the linked thread:

good thread though. most orthodontist are jews. can you even imagine how they dont give a fuck about the postion of the maxilla as long as the bite is fiting?

people need to understand that a good bite doesnt mean that your maxilla and mandibular are in a good postion. eg when both your mandibular and maxilla are equally recessed you may have a good bite but you will look ugly. your mandibular and maxilla are still recessed. example would be the picture in the op.

if the orthodontist wouldnt have done anything his maxilla would have grown with normal speed, his mandibular would have stayed behind. can be easily fixed through BSSO. now that he got treatment his maxilla get stunned too and now he would need DOUBLE JAW SURGERY (twice as expensive bsso, twice as long recovery as bsso, way more risks then bsso) and possible braces again to REVERSE the orthodontic treatment from before to garantuee a good surgical outcome.

• +1
over

from the linked thread:
tbh this explain everything about orthodontis , i got braces too and exctraction and got badly fucked up but didnt know until 18 they really dont look for good aesthics only for straight teeths, they didnt even said i have a overbite because my bite was ok

tbh this explain everything about orthodontis , i got braces too and exctraction and got badly fucked up but didnt know until 18 they really dont look for good aesthics only for straight teeths, they didnt even said i have a overbite because my bite was ok
showed your parents the two threads i linked you. its absolutely crucial your brother dont get herbst appication

1. will lead to aesthetical unpleasing results

2. health insurance wont pay for jaw surgery later

3. he most likely will need double jaw surgery instead of bsso later

4. he might need orthodontic treatment before a future surgery to REVERSE the impact of herbst appliaction

• Love it
showed your parents the two threads i linked you. its absolutely crucial your brother dont get herbst appication

1. will lead to aesthetical unpleasing results

2. health insurance wont pay for jaw surgery later

3. he most likely will need double jaw surgery instead of bsso later

4. he might need orthodontic treatment before a future surgery to REVERSE the impact of herbst appliaction
bro i thank you very much for your help, but what whould you recommend instead in your opinion what whould be the best? like in germany they are no such things like bsso or imdo thats death sentence

bro i thank you very much for your help, but what whould you recommend instead in your opinion what whould be the best? like in germany they are no such things like bsso or imdo thats death sentence
bsso is lower jaw surgery every maxfac offers it. so jaw surgery will be the best option. in case your brother is too pussy for jaw surgery herbst application might be back on the table because your brother is already 15 so not much maxilla growth will happening anyways so the impact wont be that bad. however considering how important even milimeters of forward growth are id avoid herbst application.

make a consultation with a maxfac asap.

• +1
bsso is lower jaw surgery every maxfac offers it. so jaw surgery will be the best option. in case your brother is too pussy for jaw surgery herbst application might be back on the table because your brother is already 15 so not much maxilla growth will happening anyways so the impact wont be that bad. however considering how important even milimeters of forward growth are id avoid herbst application.

make a consultation with a maxfac asap.
high iq

if you live in germany call dr. zarinbal office in berlin tommorow and make an appointment for an consultation. proceed from there

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729 and Deleted member 12102
if you live in germany call dr. zarinbal office in berlin tommorow and make an appointment for an consultation. proceed from there
wtf i read their homepage , they can even pull the maxilla forward? damn god bless you for this gold information

wtf i read their homepage , they can even pull the maxilla forward? damn god bless you for this gold information

• Love it
My younger brother has a overbite like me before Mewing. I try to teach him and my parents but my parents dont think that it is safe method to do this beside my results and i think my younger brother is to lazy to do this everday and eventuelly do it wrong so they go to orthodontist and they told him to get a Herbst Appliance and Expander. Had anyone here had experience with this Appliance ?
it fucks you up show your parents this:

well as opposed to perma jutting it actualy causes bone remodeling in the tmj and condyle thus changing your bite.

Short jaw is pretty much a meme. What gives the jaw that “long” appearance has nothing to do with the occlusion but has o do with ramus and chin size. As long as he fixes his occlusion it won’t matter appearance wise if it was through surgery or herbst.

Jaw surgeries are very painful, there can always be complications and take long to recover from. I’d advise him to go with the herbst appliance for fixing his occlusion.

P.S: I wouldn’t worry too much about the maxilla, his maxilla growth is mostly done by 15.

• Love it
well as opposed to perma jutting it actualy causes bone remodeling in the tmj and condyle thus changing your bite.

Short jaw is pretty much a meme. What gives the jaw that “long” appearance has nothing to do with the occlusion but has o do with ramus and chin size. As long as he fixes his occlusion it won’t matter appearance wise if it was through surgery or herbst.

Jaw surgeries are very painful, there can always be complications and take long to recover from. I’d advise him to go with the herbst appliance for fixing his occlusion.

P.S: I wouldn’t worry too much about the maxilla, his maxilla growth is mostly done by 15.
after a lot thinking i came to the conclusion that herbst would be right for my brother and my parents didnt was suprised when i showed them the comparsion of surgery or herbst i mean hes 15 i hope he can ascend but i will try to teach him mewing after that appliance. thank for all your help anyway

just write herbst appliance before and after on the net and check it out.
I want proof of actual bone remodeling though

well found something here

Last edited:
after a lot thinking i came to the conclusion that herbst would be right for my brother and my parents didnt was suprised when i showed them the comparsion of surgery or herbst i mean hes 15 i hope he can ascend but i will try to teach him mewing after that appliance. thank for all your help anyway
its over for your brother

• JFL

Doesn’t the herbst appliance fix short jaw and recessed chin and lip incompetence? Isn’t that cheaper than IMDO or jaw surgery?

• +1
Reactions: .👽.
Doesn’t the herbst appliance fix short jaw and recessed chin and lip incompetence? Isn’t that cheaper than IMDO or jaw surgery?
No jaw surgery lenghens your jaw which good. Herbst just pushes your jaw forward. Its like perma jutting your jaw:y'all:

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10172
No jaw surgery lenghens your jaw which good. Herbst just pushes your jaw forward. Its like perma jutting your jaw:y'all:
wait srs? cause I could need that. what about the effects on the chin? I heard paul coceanig the creator of IMDO compared it to the herbst appliance. and the herbst appliance is only around 3000$

• +1
Reactions: .👽.
wait srs? cause I could need that. what about the effects on the chin? I heard paul coceanig the creator of IMDO compared it to the herbst appliance. and the herbst appliance is only around 3000$
Chin doesnt really change,only optical cuz its brought forward. Just jut your mouth and see the effect :y'all:

• +1
and in that video he said herbsr appliqnce ks shit

• +1