Did you use annual leave or sick leave for your surgeries?

PrimoMaxxer

PrimoMaxxer

Silver
Title. Curious if I should even propose the idea to my boss to use sick leave so I can get my face rearranged :lul:

• +1
Reactions: BootySniffer69 and moreroidsmoredates
just take your PTO annual leave, its not your bosses business as to why you are taking AL ?

• +1
Reactions: prettyboy.elyas
just take your PTO annual leave, its not your bosses business as to why you are taking AL ?
yeah but i'de rather use sick leave, can't cash that out when i quit, it doesn't stack year by year, etc, atleast in my country

yeah but i'de rather use sick leave, can't cash that out when i quit, it doesn't stack year by year, etc, atleast in my country
do they need proof of sickness? just say you have gastroenteritis and will be out for like 2 weeks with sickness lol.

• +1
Reactions: prettyboy.elyas
do they need proof of sickness? just say you have gastroenteritis and will be out for like 2 weeks with sickness lol.
Yeah they do if I'm going to use like 4 weeks lol

Yeah they do if I'm going to use like 4 weeks lol
why do you need 4 weeks? are you getting bimax?

at my job I get 3 weeks PTO and 1 week paid sick so I would just combine everything and use it all

why do you need 4 weeks? are you getting bimax?

at my job I get 3 weeks PTO and 1 week paid sick so I would just combine everything and use it all
Yeah bimax and rhino, probs gonna become a balloon. I'll have like 9 weeks PTO by my surgery date, would rather save as much as I can tho

• +1
Reactions: highT
I used sick leave for bimax. It’s easy to play off as being medically necessary (sleep apnea, TMJ, etc). The surgeon provided me a doctor’s note in advance and my hospital discharge letter also stated the suggested recovery time.

Using weeks of annual leave would’ve been retarded in my case as the sick leave was full pay. I wouldn’t have had enough AL anyway.

Had 3 weeks off post surgery. Could’ve worked after 2 for sure, but took like 6 weeks for speech to go back to normal.

• +1
Reactions: PrimoMaxxer
I used sick leave for bimax. It’s easy to play off as being medically necessary (sleep apnea, TMJ, etc). The surgeon provided me a doctor’s note in advance and my hospital discharge letter also stated the suggested recovery time.

Using weeks of annual leave would’ve been retarded in my case as the sick leave was full pay. I wouldn’t have had enough AL anyway.

Had 3 weeks off post surgery. Could’ve worked after 2 for sure, but took like 6 weeks for speech to go back to normal.
You went overseas right and your work didn't mind or find it weird? I guess not really their business

You went overseas right and your work didn't mind or find it weird? I guess not really their business
Yeah, only my department manager who I provided the doctor’s note to knew I went overseas for it. It’s not even super uncommon for people to go overseas for non-cosmetic elective procedures tbh, usually to save money or avoid long waits on national healthcare services.

Having both rhino and bimax is probably harder to play off as being necessary / non-cosmetic. I don’t know if that affects eligibility for sick pay in your case. Maybe best for any doctor’s note to only mention the bimax.

• Love it
Reactions: PrimoMaxxer
Just tell ur boss ur going to giant and you instantly get 12 weeks leave and paid

• +1
Reactions: RealSurgerymax
Yeah bimax and rhino, probs gonna become a balloon. I'll have like 9 weeks PTO by my surgery date, would rather save as much as I can tho
Who are you getting it with? Do you know how long the bloat lasts until you actually stsrt looking better than pre op?

Who are you getting it with? Do you know how long the bloat lasts until you actually stsrt looking better than pre op?
Rameiri. I was told that rhino swelling can last up to a a year post op, and i've heard the same for bimax. Will likely look like a human after a couple months though I would imagine

Rameiri. I was told that rhino swelling can last up to a a year post op, and i've heard the same for bimax. Will likely look like a human after a couple months though I would imagine
What are your thoughts on Ramieri? Some people say he is conservative with movements but im not sure if its true. Either way hes my number one choice right now. Thinking of getting trimax and rhino with him aswell.

What are your thoughts on Ramieri? Some people say he is conservative with movements but im not sure if its true. Either way hes my number one choice right now. Thinking of getting trimax and rhino with him aswell.
He is my preferred surgeon of the names that come up on this forum, and the fact that I can get rhino at the same time makes it an easy choice for me. Realistically I would have no idea if he is actually conservative, I don't know enough about jaw surgery, but just because someone still looks shit after bimax could be due to the rest of their face not allowing for much advancement (nasal projection, forehead projection etc). The fact that he actually has alot of published results makes me like him. I may have chosen a local non 'psl-famous' surgeon though if I wasn't getting rhino.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: fleurybobby
He is my preferred surgeon of the names that come up on this forum, and the fact that I can get rhino at the same time makes it an easy choice for me. Realistically I would have no idea if he is actually conservative, I don't know enough about jaw surgery, but just because someone still looks shit after bimax could be due to the rest of their face not allowing for much advancement (nasal projection, forehead projection etc). The fact that he actually has alot of published results makes me like him. I may have chosen a local non 'psl-famous' surgeon though if I wasn't getting rhino.
I see. Ramieri seems like a good honest guy who wouldnt botch you by over advancing. Ima go to him. Do you know if the rhino is performed by him or Marianetti? I know they work together(i think in the same clinic)

I see. Ramieri seems like a good honest guy who wouldnt botch you by over advancing. Ima go to him. Do you know if the rhino is performed by him or Marianetti? I know they work together(i think in the same clinic)
Marianetti. I saw some other user mention there is another surgeon at his clinic that does rhino? But I will ask for Marianetti

Marianetti. I saw some other user mention there is another surgeon at his clinic that does rhino? But I will ask for Marianetti
How much did he say the rhino and the bimax is? Because i know the rhino with Marianetti is quite expensive