Difference between Canthoplasty and Lower eyelid retraction?

Kroker

Kroker

Unfazed
I saw on Dr. Taban transformations that he does both on the same patient?!

I thought that you have to pick between either the two.

I'm planning on getting (infraorbitals rim implants) + Canthoplasty or Lower eyelid retraction

Screenshot 2022 09 30 15 48 31 12
Screenshot 2022 09 30 15 49 22 67

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and Hipcel
I would also like to know. I also asked Taban on instagram a while ago in what circumstances would a canthoplasty be better than a lower eyelid retraction and vice versa, and he just replied it depends on the individual person. Like wtf? There must be some general logic to it, but he probably doesn't want to share unless I pay $500 for a consult with him

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: sub6manletnozygos, Deprived, ChristianChad and 1 other person
I would also like to know. I also asked Taban on instagram a while ago in what circumstances would a canthoplasty be better than a lower eyelid retraction and vice versa, and he just replied it depends on the individual person. Like wtf? There must be some general logic to it, but he probably doesn't want to share unless I pay $500 for a consult with him
Yeah me too, anyways some cases seems like to get both!

Are you also planning on getting Infraorbital rim implant?

And with which Dr?

I also want to ask about infraorbital implants, would these change the shape of my eyes (lower lid specifically) alone? i don’t mind my eye shape but the lower lids droop a little bit and my infraorbitals are fairly recessed so i mainly care about fixing that

• +1
Reactions: Kroker
Eye surgeries are so complex and relate to harmony these grifter surgeons must share their knowledge instead of keep it secret. There are like 25 eye surgeries.

It's really annoying.

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
Its virtually the same thing. Hes larping to you

• +1
Yeah me too, anyways some cases seems like to get both!

Are you also planning on getting Infraorbital rim implant?

And with which Dr?
Before I consider getting it I would like to at least understand the procedures without paying for a consult. And I have some other concerns too, like if the results are permanent, and if you get an implant will it negatively affect the underlying bone over time.

• +1
I saw on Dr. Taban transformations that he does both on the same patient?!

I thought that you have to pick between either the two.

I'm planning on getting (infraorbitals rim implants) + Canthoplasty or Lower eyelid retraction

View attachment 1889180View attachment 1889181
from my understanding lower eyelid retraction is usually permanent and canthoplasty is both the bottom and top eyelid, it also needs to be renewed every 5-10 years so it is inferior

• +1
Reactions: Tallooksmaxxer, ChristianChad and Kroker
from my understanding lower eyelid retraction is usually permanent and canthoplasty is both the bottom and top eyelid, it also needs to be renewed every 5-10 years so it is inferior
Upper lip retraction called Ptosis.

I think you're mistaken

Just so you know, everyone of them has their own terminology. He uses LIR as portemanteau word that includes procedures such as lateral cantho, plasty, pexy etc

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad, Deprived, Deleted member 14774 and 1 other person
Before I consider getting it I would like to at least understand the procedures without paying for a consult. And I have some other concerns too, like if the results are permanent, and if you get an implant will it negatively affect the underlying bone over time.
I think yes they are permanent otherwise you won't be paying over $15k.

If it's like fillers which need to be redone occasionally, then it will be cheaper.

Yeah good point about if the underlying bone will be affected negatively.

Lower eyelid retraction isn’t a surgery — it’s a general condition where your lower eyelid is sagging, which can be for a number of reasons.

“Lower eyelid retraction” (correction) can involve any number of things, like cantho, bleph, etc. standalone or together.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 32529, ChristianChad, Deleted member 14774 and 1 other person
Just so you know, everyone of them has their own terminology. He uses LIR as portemanteau word that includes procedures such as lateral cantho, plasty, pexy etc
Too much to learn goddamit... One must get plastic surgeries courses lmao

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18840
I hate when they blatantly use very different lighting for result. Yes, the difference is there, but it is very much influenced by the lighting as well as you look at the face as whole, and not at just one individual feature.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Melly
@Acromegaly_Chad @SixCRY @tesseract @curlyheadjames

What’s the difference between canthoplasty and Canthopexy? One of them is temporary right? Or are they both temporary?

• +1
I think canthopexy is just a repositioning of the tendon/muscle of the lower eyelid at a higher position while canthoplasty involves an actual shortening of the muscle by cutting a small piece out.

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad, Deleted member 18840 and Deprived
@Acromegaly_Chad @SixCRY @tesseract @curlyheadjames
seems like most ppl here are giga newfags so the difference between canthoplasty and lower lid retraction is quite drastic.
canthoplasty is solely to tighten the lateral canthus and give an ideal "fox like" shape, while LLR is to reduce sceleral show.
Both surgeries are commonly performed together, since LLR can reduce PFL by .5-1mm+ I'd reccomend getting canthoplasty as well too because palpebral fissure length is super important for an intimidating shape. Same thing with infra orbital rim implants, they reduce your PFL by 1.5-2mm MINIMUM so canthoplasty is required to not have a dog shit eye area.
What’s the difference between canthoplasty and Canthopexy? One of them is temporary right? Or are they both temporary?
With canthoplasty they make an incision into the orbicularis oculus muscle, and reattaches the lateral canthus to a higher position on the lateral orbital rim bone, and it lasts forever, while canthopexy is temporary lasting a minimum of 6 years, and uses sutures to give a higher canthal tilt. canthopexy seems to give a super uncanny degree of PCT, because your lateral canthus is literally being held up by sutures, and I think the look is really feminine and sometimes if the doctor is ass the sutures will show a bit like ariana grande

I hate her eye area so much, despite being a high tilt it doesn't look intimidating or fierce like bella hadid's canthoplasty.

giga narrow close set inter pupillary is disgusting and on top of that she has a shit color and short PFL she needs yeux clairs orbital box osteotomy and tripod osteotomy IMO her palpebral fissure length looks ok intra medially i'd reccomend medial lacrimalplasty with assisted z plasty a surgery i pitched to eppley myself if she wants to fog lima or beers mogger medial canthus

eye area is literally one of the most important features on the face
nose jaw ears hairline body can't make you look like a mythical apex predator
only eyes can strike fear in the eyes of subhumans and foids

i would know because i fucking had the best eye transformation of all time
giga high trust cuck to low trust hyper masculine freak
people don't treat me different because of my mentus gonions zygos nose or anything
IT'S LITERALLY JUST THE EYE AREA! sure it detracted my appeal but i still easily pull mentally ill foids with my eye area as is right now, and this is just the beginning for my eye area ascension.
March2020
279854164 542185930843042 381971046510653555 n
279479103 297660712409339 8294763741473305390 n

• +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 17920, Deleted member 8771 and 6 others
Both are temporary in absolute terms. But since the pexy one is less invasive its supposed to last less. Pexy is basically the cosmetic procedure of plasty. Only someone like taban does plasty and calls it for aesthetic purposes. In the pics i saw, in term of results, canthopexy >>>> « Canthoplasty »

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14774 and Deprived
Lower eyelid retraction is actually the name of the condition, basically interchangable with scleral show. Lower eyelid retraction surgery/repair is what you're probably talking about. And canthoplasty is a type of lower eyelid retraction surgery.
No eyelid tightening surgery is permanent, and it won't last even close to 10 years either.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14774 and Deleted member 18840
I think canthopexy is just a repositioning of the tendon/muscle of the lower eyelid at a higher position while canthoplasty involves an actual shortening of the muscle by cutting a small piece out.
Just to add, here is a proper surgeon answer to it. Still doesnt change the fact that what matters is the outcome and you should prefer a canthopexy over a plasty :
Hello. This discussion is very technical and goes beyond the explanations that can be given on a site... Schematically, canthopexy restores tension to the ligament supporting the eyelid, while canthoplasty recreates a new means of supporting the eyelid by redoing a new strong palpebral ligament. The first type is reserved for the prevention of round eye or ectropion, but also for the correction of moderate ectropion (round eye), while the second type is intended for the treatment of more marked ectropion . In the first case, the change in the 'palpebral cleft' is at most moderate, in the second case, it is almost constant.
Median canthoplasties are almost never done in aesthetics...

• +1
Reactions: sub6manletnozygos
Lower eyelid retraction is actually the name of the condition, basically interchangable with scleral show. Lower eyelid retraction surgery/repair is what you're probably talking about. And canthoplasty is a type of lower eyelid retraction surgery.

No eyelid tightening surgery is permanent, and it won't last even close to 10 years either.
Implants don’t last either ngl. Only viable thing imo is fat graft. Unless you have severe scleral show i wouldn’t miss with the lower eyelids

• Hmm...
Reactions: catastaire
Implants don’t last either ngl. Only viable thing imo is fat graft. Unless you have severe scleral show i wouldn’t miss with the lower eyelids
How implants aren't permanent?! It's like a new bones grew on your face!

• +1
How implants aren't permanent?! It's like a new bones grew on your face!
Because infection ; resorption ; removal. You have to remove it eventually. Only thing close to permanent is fat graftling.

• Hmm...
  • Woah
Reactions: catastaire and Kroker
I also want to ask about infraorbital implants, would these change the shape of my eyes (lower lid specifically) alone? i don’t mind my eye shape but the lower lids droop a little bit and my infraorbitals are fairly recessed so i mainly care about fixing that
Yes if youre lucky enough it can push your lower eye lid up, thus won't have the need to get lower eye lid retraction.

Note that I'm knew to this shit, so I have limited knowledge.

Pardon me for the late reply.

• Love it
Reactions: twilight
Because infection ; resorption ; removal. You have to remove it eventually. Only thing close to permanent is fat graftling.
Like all those people who get jaw implants, cheekbones or infras have to get them removed?! Wtf?

This is the first time I acknowledge something like this? R u sure?

• +1
Like all those people who get jaw implants, cheekbones or infras have to get them removed?! Wtf?

This is the first time I acknowledge something like this? R u sure?
Eventually. And jaws get easily infected

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: catastaire and Kroker
seems like most ppl here are giga newfags so the difference between canthoplasty and lower lid retraction is quite drastic.
canthoplasty is solely to tighten the lateral canthus and give an ideal "fox like" shape, while LLR is to reduce sceleral show.
Both surgeries are commonly performed together, since LLR can reduce PFL by .5-1mm+ I'd reccomend getting canthoplasty as well too because palpebral fissure length is super important for an intimidating shape. Same thing with infra orbital rim implants, they reduce your PFL by 1.5-2mm MINIMUM so canthoplasty is required to not have a dog shit eye area.

With canthoplasty they make an incision into the orbicularis oculus muscle, and reattaches the lateral canthus to a higher position on the lateral orbital rim bone, and it lasts forever, while canthopexy is temporary lasting a minimum of 6 years, and uses sutures to give a higher canthal tilt. canthopexy seems to give a super uncanny degree of PCT, because your lateral canthus is literally being held up by sutures, and I think the look is really feminine and sometimes if the doctor is ass the sutures will show a bit like ariana grande
View attachment 1889788View attachment 1889789
I hate her eye area so much, despite being a high tilt it doesn't look intimidating or fierce like bella hadid's canthoplasty.
View attachment 1889790View attachment 1889791
giga narrow close set inter pupillary is disgusting and on top of that she has a shit color and short PFL she needs yeux clairs orbital box osteotomy and tripod osteotomy IMO her palpebral fissure length looks ok intra medially i'd reccomend medial lacrimalplasty with assisted z plasty a surgery i pitched to eppley myself if she wants to fog lima or beers mogger medial canthus
View attachment 1889792View attachment 1889793
View attachment 1889794View attachment 1889796View attachment 1889797
eye area is literally one of the most important features on the face
nose jaw ears hairline body can't make you look like a mythical apex predator
only eyes can strike fear in the eyes of subhumans and foids

i would know because i fucking had the best eye transformation of all time
giga high trust cuck to low trust hyper masculine freak
people don't treat me different because of my mentus gonions zygos nose or anything
IT'S LITERALLY JUST THE EYE AREA! sure it detracted my appeal but i still easily pull mentally ill foids with my eye area as is right now, and this is just the beginning for my eye area ascension.
View attachment 1889798View attachment 1889799View attachment 1889800
bro who was ur surgeon i have the exact same eye shape than u on the before help a fellow eye cuck

bro who was ur surgeon i have the exact same eye shape than u on the before help a fellow eye cuck
sorry bro no surgery you can do it natrurally

• WTF
Reactions: agoostis