Disproving androgens impact on face

antiantifa

antiantifa

Fuck you.
It's often claimed on this forum that hormones have major impact on your face. Here's evidence against it:

Patients with DHT deficiency do not have any documented abnormalities with their face:
Image 20

A twin with hypogonadism(lack of androgens) doesn't look far too off facially from the normal twin:

Slide 3

The biggest difference between the two is height, body hair, hair loss, gyno and a slight body-fat increase if I am seeing it right.

Other proof is that women, who lack androgens, actually have bigger chins relative to their bodies than men, which may explain why women suffer from less recession:

Chin

Overall, men have bigger and wider skulls, and wider chins than women, but as the twins above show, it's unlikely to be caused by androgens. It's more likely that the wider chin is a direct effect of genetic differences between men and women.
To be sure, I measured their fWHRs as best as I could, and found both to be within 0.05 of each-other, of which a slightly increased fWHR for the shorter twin.

It seems that androgens and estrogens don't have any distinct effect on the facial profile, instead a high estrogen/low T profile will be a slightly smaller skull, while a high T/low E profile will be a slightly bigger skull, with similar proportions.

Growth hormones do have a strong effect on facial proportions and overall size though :

Rebeccanew

TL;DR androgens don't affect facial proportions, growth hormones do.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: YoYqkim, AscendingHero, ChristianChad and 8 others
The study doesn't say that androgens have no impact on the face. It just says that people who lack androgens don't have abnormal faces. So a person lacking in androgens might still have an effeminate-looking face, but not deformed.

The study doesn't say that androgens have no impact on the face. It just says that people who lack androgens don't have abnormal faces. So a person lacking in androgens might still have an effeminate-looking face, but not deformed.
There is no study. I used the twins as a case example, you can obviously see that lack of androgens in one twin doesn't impact his face much, he's just a bit fatter.

Last edited: