DIY highlights guide. Best thing you can do for your hair to look better this summer

Alright boyos, today I did highlights and they turned out just like I wanted them. I was striving for a natural look. I didn't want them to be obvious. All I wanted was to lighten my hair a bit and add some texture to it. In this thread I'll go over the process and share some of my thoughts on them.

You'll need the following things

Highlights cap

613tNlueECL AC UF8941000 QL80

Powdered hair bleach

20240711 234026

Oxidizer for the bleach

20240711 234021

Hair dye

20240711 234011

The process

Poke the holes of the cap before you put it on your head. This way I'll be a lot easier to get the hair out with the hook that comes with the cap.

Apply the cap and pull hair out from where the holes are at with this tool that comes with the cap.

20240711 235149

It should look something like this when you're done

20240711 211941

(I did a bit more holes after taking the pic)

Don't do all of the holes if you want natural results. If you do too many it won't look natural. You can do more for more visible results

Mix the bleaching power with the oxidizer in a 1:1 ratio

20240711 212717

Apply it to your head and cover it with something. I used plastic wrap. Keep it for about 25 mins and then wash it off

This is what the result should be

20240711 215135

As you can see it turned out yellow. This looks shit and unnatural but that's what it should look like. This is why you'll need the hair dye. It'll tone the yellow and make everything look natural and mogger.

Now start plucking unbleached hair. I forgot to take a pic but here's what you should do

20240711 215135

Pluck at random places so you have both bleached and unbleached hair out. The reason for this is because the dye will affect the darker hairs too (very little, but that's what we want so it blends better). This will create 2 sets of highlights which will make the whole thing look even better and more natural.

Now get the dye and follow the instructions on how to mix it. Apply it when you're done mixing it (apply on dry hair only) and cover it with plastic wrap again. Don't use all of it. Keep it for as long as the instructions say. Mine said 20 mins.

20240711 221126

Tips on choosing a good color: Look for something dark blond. I didn't want my highlights to be warm and bronze, so I got cool, ashy, dark blond.

Wash it all out and get some of the remaining dye. Rub some of in your hands and lightly go trough your hair again. Don't apply it deep, just a little on the surface. I did this to create a third shade. I kept it very little this time - 10 mins. I also didn't cover or dry my hair. I wanted an extremely slight coverage this time, so I can have the following:

Shade I: Bleached hair with dye

Shade II: Unbleached hair with 20 mins of dye

Shade III: Unbleached hair with 10 mins of dye.

20240711 224526

Now wash everything off and you're done.

You can do a repairing hair mask to nourish your hair after all the chemicals.

DISCLAIMER: DON'T DO THIS IF YOU'RE TOO ETHNIC OR IT'LL LOOK LIKE SHIT! ONLY DO THIS IF YOUR PHENO SUPPORTS IT!

Results:

Before:

20240506 142242

After:

IMG 20240711 230624 403
20240711 231409

I didn't want anything more or less than that

@maxxmclooks @silencio @gigell @PsychoH @PsychoDsk @Sergeant

@Clavicular (why did you do it in a salon nigga, should've DIYed it)

Attachments

• 20240711_215135.jpg
    20240711_215135.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: baku9, silencio, lebronjames23 and 11 others
Looks good bhai
Good informative thread

Your hair looks kinda dead tho, some moisture could ascend it even more

• +1
Reactions: i_love_roosters
No highlites for my bad face proportions

• So Sad
Looks good bhai
Good informative thread

Your hair looks kinda dead tho, some moisture could ascend it even more
I'll do my best to nourish it as much as I can in the following days. I'll be using my mom's shit

• Love it
Reactions: PsychoDsk
I actually need to do this, was thinking about how to not spend a fortune at the salon and get this done at work today

Good thread

• Love it
  • Love it
Or just go to a women’s salon

• JFL
kinda looked like a set up for frosted tips over one for highlights. costs like 120 or less for men to get highlights, would only reach the 200 mark if you had like shoulder length hair. turns out way better in a salon. would also avoid using bleach

• Hmm...
kinda looked like a set up for frosted tips over one for highlights. costs like 120 or less for men to get highlights, would only reach the 200 mark if you had like shoulder length hair. turns out way better in a salon. would also avoid using bleach
Men with short care shouldn't give too much shit about tips and shit. Some product (for styling or leave-in conditioner) and it'll look as healthy as ever

read every molecule, thanks for tag:feelspanties:

and mirin, would do that too but my hair tends to dry really much so bleaching it would make it even worse but it seems to suit u well tho:feelsyay:

also I would suggest some moisturizer or something to add a bit more shine to your hair maybe?

• Love it
read every molecule, thanks for tag:feelspanties:

and mirin, would do that too but my hair tends to dry really much so bleaching it would make it even worse but it seems to suit u well tho:feelsyay:

also I would suggest some moisturizer or something to add a bit more shine to your hair maybe?
I'll use my mother's stuff to repair my hair :feelsautistic:. She has some mogger shit

• +1
Reactions: maxxmclooks
Men with short care shouldn't give too much shit about tips and shit. Some product (for styling or leave-in conditioner) and it'll look as healthy as ever
huh, what are you talking about

• +1
i cant tell the difference

• JFL
Lol, it's a lot more obvious irl but it's still quite obvious in the pics
i turned off my blue light filter and i can see it a bit now but it looks way less different than what i expected from the picture in the cap, i thought the ends of your hair were gonna be blond

• +1
i turned off my blue light filter and i can see it a bit now but it looks way less different than what i expected from the picture in the cap, i thought the ends of your hair were gonna be blond
I didn't want them to be blond. I dyed them dark blond because I wanted very subtle results. Basically, I didn't want to change the way I look drastically. If you want drastic results just skip the dye and go for a toner or do a dye that's lighter than mine

• +1
Reactions: tomm1453
Alright boyos, today I did highlights and they turned out just like I wanted them. I was striving for a natural look. I didn't want them to be obvious. All I wanted was to lighten my hair a bit and add some texture to it. In this thread I'll go over the process and share some of my thoughts on them.

You'll need the following things

Highlights cap

View attachment 3025509

Powdered hair bleach

View attachment 3025511

Oxidizer for the bleach

View attachment 3025515

Hair dye

View attachment 3025517

The process

Poke the holes of the cap before you put it on your head. This way I'll be a lot easier to get the hair out with the hook that comes with the cap.

Apply the cap and pull hair out from where the holes are at with this tool that comes with the cap.

View attachment 3025535

It should look something like this when you're done

View attachment 3025537
(I did a bit more holes after taking the pic)

Don't do all of the holes if you want natural results. If you do too many it won't look natural. You can do more for more visible results

Mix the bleaching power with the oxidizer in a 1:1 ratio

View attachment 3025541

Apply it to your head and cover it with something. I used plastic wrap. Keep it for about 25 mins and then wash it off

This is what the result should be

View attachment 3025549

As you can see it turned out yellow. This looks shit and unnatural but that's what it should look like. This is why you'll need the hair dye. It'll tone the yellow and make everything look natural and mogger.

Now start plucking unbleached hair. I forgot to take a pic but here's what you should do

View attachment 3025552

Pluck at random places so you have both bleached and unbleached hair out. The reason for this is because the dye will affect the darker hairs too (very little, but that's what we want so it blends better). This will create 2 sets of highlights which will make the whole thing look even better and more natural.

Now get the dye and follow the instructions on how to mix it. Apply it when you're done mixing it (apply on dry hair only) and cover it with plastic wrap again. Don't use all of it. Keep it for as long as the instructions say. Mine said 20 mins.

View attachment 3025553

Tips on choosing a good color: Look for something dark blond. I didn't want my highlights to be warm and bronze, so I got cool, ashy, dark blond.

Wash it all out and get some of the remaining dye. Rub some of in your hands and lightly go trough your hair again. Don't apply it deep, just a little on the surface. I did this to create a third shade. I kept it very little this time - 10 mins. I also didn't cover or dry my hair. I wanted an extremely slight coverage this time, so I can have the following:

Shade I: Bleached hair with dye

Shade II: Unbleached hair with 20 mins of dye

Shade III: Unbleached hair with 10 mins of dye.

View attachment 3025570

Now wash everything off and you're done.

You can do a repairing hair mask to nourish your hair after all the chemicals.

DISCLAIMER: DON'T DO THIS IF YOU'RE TOO ETHNIC OR IT'LL LOOK LIKE SHIT! ONLY DO THIS IF YOUR PHENO SUPPORTS IT!

Results:

Before:

View attachment 3025595

After:

View attachment 3025600View attachment 3025601

I didn't want anything more or less than that

@maxxmclooks @silencio @gigell @PsychoH @PsychoDsk @Sergeant

@Clavicular (why did you do it in a salon nigga, should've DIYed it)
Any hairloss?? Also another banger bump
Chad only

• Love it
Any hairloss?? Also another banger bump
Chad only
Hairloss isn't expected from such procedures. I can't tell if I got any cuz I recently started oral minox for beardmaxxing and I'm shedding like crazy. I feel like half of my hair is gone now. The shed is crazy but I'm ascending once it's over and I get double my hair back :y'all:

• Love it
Reactions: PsychoH
wha
Hairloss isn't expected from such procedures. I can't tell if I got any cuz I recently started oral minox for beardmaxxing and I'm shedding like crazy. I feel like half of my hair is gone now. The shed is crazy but I'm ascending once it's over and I get double my hair back :y'all:
what color would u pick if u had dark brown/black hair?

• +1
IMG 4912

• Hmm...
Jfl you Look ridicilous with that cap on

• JFL
Jfl you Look ridicilous with that cap on

Looksmaxxing seems 90% about doing retarded looking shit in private to look good in public.

My ex HATED my neck harness training.

• +1
Looksmaxxing seems 90% about doing retarded looking shit in private to look good in public.

My ex HATED my neck harness training.
Well said bud. Also, mirin being in the dating market