Do calories exist?

Jonas2k7

Jonas2k7

𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙙 𝙗𝙮 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟴

@Never Get Up @mug @MoggerGaston

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Never Get Up, iloveboobs and dbva

guess who is considered right between a statement backed by studies and ramblings that are kinda related to the topics with no back up except a single paper that has been proven faulted a month after being published (that you didnt even mention)?

Also never said you eat calories so your second audio is not inherent to the discussion

eat what you want idc but stop pushing pseudoscience

• +1
Reactions: Jonas2k7
guess who is considered right between a statement backed by studies and ramblings that are kinda related to the topics with no back up except a single paper that has been proven faulted a month after being published (that you didnt even mention)?

Also never said you eat calories so your second audio is not inherent to the discussion

eat what you want idc but stop pushing pseudoscience
“Backed by studies”.

You will be ignored permanently.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Jonas2k7 and TheArchitect
niggas when they dont know how to read:

yeas please ignore me so i don't have to deal with you single digit IQ

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: johnathansmithston, Jonas2k7 and TheArchitect
1) calories are a unit in physics: a calorie measures the amount of energy required to heat a gram of water of 1 degree Celsius, so they are a measure, not something that does, does not exist

2) food stores chemical potential energy in molecular bonds, this is because energy can always be transformed into another type using work (think of when you power a lamp, you are converting electrical to light energy, more specifically a type of kinetic quantised energy, photons, )when we digest it, we break it down to release that energy, in the form of for example kinetic energy used by our muscles, heat energy is produced either willingly or as a byproduct (when you power the lamp a part of the electrical energy is dissipated into heat, that's why it is warm when you touch it, the energy has not been destroyed, simply converted into another type), usually this energy is restored as chemical energy in ATP, molecules with high energy bonds that can easily free that energy when needed, as @vernier said

3) you eat mainly for 3 reasons: this energy, macronutrients and micronutrients, you could get the energy from a carnivore diet, but the problem are the nutrients, in theory you could get them from meat but it would be way harder than to get them from a balanced diet (also some of this aren't present in any type of meat, like fiber) it would be like instead of buying the parts for a car buying 5 different cars and taking some parts of each.
Also this type of diet increases the risk of heart/cardiovascular diseases, since the saturated fats increases the amount of LDL cholesterol, causes digestive (absence of fiber) and kidney issues (increase in specific waste products) as well as nutrient deficiencies.

The only study that seemed reasonable advocating for meat diet was conducted on athlets for short periods of time: this diet promoted weight loss while keeping muscle mass pretty much intact, however the longer you stick with it the most likely you will get one or more of the effects i said above so @Never Get Up if you are interested check it out

Research papers:
there are some studies on how it can be beneficial over short times for gut microbes imbalances

@Gengar @BroMinBoss @BeatleJuiceFanBoy10 @Akhi
I'm mirin this text

• +1
Reactions: TheArchitect