Do colors take up space?

Fred Stankovich

Fred Stankovich

dangerous prettyboy
Physics is hard as fuck

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Gonthar and Salted_Salty
No! Light has QUALITIES, of waves, and particles (aka wave particle duality)
but not matter
Since waves are the transfer of energy through a medium - not the transfer of matter

No! Light has QUALITIES, of waves, and particles (aka wave particle duality)
but not matter

Particles are literally constituents of matter, man

Particles are literally constituents of matter, man
Although this maybe true- it’s paradoxical and yet it works, light has no mass, therefore doesn’t take up space

color = light = wave/partice duality nonsense = energy/mass (same thing, apparently) = distorts nature of spacetime (gravity)

so i think color is space

color = light = wave/partice duality nonsense = energy/mass (same thing, apparently) = distorts nature of spacetime (gravity)

high iq

They don’t. They just hide the space

• Woah
Reactions: Fred Stankovich

Energy IS mass, yes there is a mass defect, but it’s a BINDING energy, as in its only energy holding nucleons together - light DOESNT have any binding energy / no mass

• +1
Energy IS mass, yes there is a mass defect, but it’s a BINDING energy, as in its only energy holding nucleons together - light DOESNT have any binding energy / no mass

read feyerabend

i thought photons had energy?

i thought photons had energy?
They do but not binding energy, binding energy is like a the energy required to move individual components of a nucleus into its nucleons to infinity, photons are like its own thing, theres no subatomic particles at that level, so it’s like yeah

They do but not binding energy, binding energy is like a the energy required to move individual components of a nucleus into its nucleons to infinity, photons are like its own thing, theres no subatomic particles at that level, so it’s like yeah

read bacon's "the scientific method" and then feyerabend's "against method". you sound like a theologian.

read bacon's "the scientific method" and then feyerabend's "against method". you sound like a theologian.
im not a theologian, im not an anything, im quoting Pre U physics, its probably dummed down, but as far as i KNOW, im correct!

• +1
Reactions: Salted_Salty
thanks anon!

• +1
No, colors are a qualitative/perceptual phenomenon so they only exist in your mind. If you're talking about electromagnetic waves I guess also no, at least in the traditional sense, since they have no mass, only energy and momentum.

The prediction that all forms of energy interact gravitationally has been subject to experimental tests. One of the first observations testing this prediction, called the Eddington experiment, was made during the Solar eclipse of May 29, 1919.[16][17] During the solar eclipse, the English astronomer and physicist Arthur Eddington observed that the light from stars passing close to the Sun was bent. The effect is due to the gravitational attraction of light by the Sun. The observation confirmed that the energy carried by light indeed is equivalent to a gravitational mass. Another seminal experiment, the Pound–Rebka experiment, was performed in 1960.[18] In this test a beam of light was emitted from the top of a tower and detected at the bottom. The frequency of the light detected was higher than the light emitted. This result confirms that the energy of photons increases when they fall in the gravitational field of the Earth. The energy, and therefore the gravitational mass, of photons is proportional to their frequency as stated by the Planck's relation.

No, colors are a qualitative/perceptual phenomenon so they only exist in your mind. If you're talking about electromagnetic waves I guess also no, at least in the traditional sense, since they have no mass, only energy and momentum.

bro

The prediction that all forms of energy interact gravitationally has been subject to experimental tests. One of the first observations testing this prediction, called the Eddington experiment, was made during the Solar eclipse of May 29, 1919.[16][17] During the solar eclipse, the English astronomer and physicist Arthur Eddington observed that the light from stars passing close to the Sun was bent. The effect is due to the gravitational attraction of light by the Sun. The observation confirmed that the energy carried by light indeed is equivalent to a gravitational mass. Another seminal experiment, the Pound–Rebka experiment, was performed in 1960.[18] In this test a beam of light was emitted from the top of a tower and detected at the bottom. The frequency of the light detected was higher than the light emitted. This result confirms that the energy of photons increases when they fall in the gravitational field of the Earth. The energy, and therefore the gravitational mass, of photons is proportional to their frequency as stated by the Planck's relation.
well light acts as both a wave and a particle, but it doesnt have mass lol, Theres proof too, stand in the sunlight- do you feel heavier?

well light acts as both a wave and a particle, but it doesnt have mass lol, Theres proof too, stand in the sunlight- do you feel heavier?
i feel the energy

• +1
successful thread

You a plant bro. I don’t know what to say but his question was does colour take up space, radio waves take up space?
Yeah because they are photons

• +1