Do Different Methods for Raising Hyoid Bone Work?

kmn

kmn

Iron
I checked out some of the posts and threads on the topic of raising the Hyoid bone.
There are 3 main ones I noticed:

1) High Speed Jaw-Opening Exercise:
To sum it up, the exercise goes as follows: You get into a comfortable seating position, warm up your head for a bit and you set a metronome at 30 beats per minute (1 beat every 2 seconds). You quickly open your mind as wide as possible and close it. You do 3 sets x 20 times each. You do it twice daily.

2) Mewing:
Basically, if you don't know (impossible), mewing is when you nose breath and the resting position of your tongue is at the roof of your mouth. My question here is if this helps raising the hyoid bone in any way.

3) Tongue-related Movements:
  1. Fixing the swallowing technique - you might do it the correct way already. Basically, instead of pinching your teeth and swallowing, you gather all the food in your mouth with your tongue, then put the tongue at the top of the mouth and swallow (try to do it without your teeth being clenched together).
  2. Masako (Tongue Hold) - This exercise is done by pulling your tongue out and biting it. Then you try to swallow your saliva in that position. The better you get at this, the more tongue you leave out of the mouth. Do it with no food in your mouth.
    Masako or tongue hold
  3. IMPORTANT! This is the one I'm not sure about. You basically hold the swallow position of your head for 10 seconds and raise your head backwards as much as possible, so that the front of the neck feels like it is stretching.
    You're supposed to do 10 second reps, followed by 10 second rests. Do 3 sets with 3 repetitions, 2-3 times per day.
    !IF ANYONE KNOWS IF THIS WORKS, PLEASE CORRECT ME IF ANYTHING IS WRONG AND APROVE OF THE EFFECT!

THESE ARE ALL EXERCISES I HAVE COME ACROSS WHEN RESEARCHING AND IN THESE FORUMS AS WELL. IF ANYONE HAS HAD ANY EXPERIENCES WITH THEM, AND THEY HAVE SHOWN EFFECT ON THE HYOID BONE, PLEASE REACT AND APROVE.

• JFL
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 32669, pneumocystosis, 5'7 zoomer and 1 other person
3682563 Masako or tongue hold

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Beastchodecode, Elvisandreaa, Deleted member 4397 and 3 others
bimax, in downgrown faces hyoid does not have space.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Amadeus, Krakowski and Emiqrox
You quickly open your mind as wide as possible and close it. You do 3 sets x 20 times each. You do it twice daily.
Looks difficult af.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: KLESUM and kmn
The first 2 tightened mine up some.